"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
progression of a website banner

Reply to topic
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

as you can see by looking at our banner gallery we've had an etensive variety of random banners... most that make no sense, and by looking at some of the older ones in the new design, they looked pretty shitty. I got bored and sat down to recreate the banner from scratch, and came up with something I think is rather nifty.

I was thinking of having whatever is in mankind's place randomly switch to other people, but the rest of the header always stays the same. Somethign seemed off here though... it seems very plain...

maybe get some blue going on? I think the blue border around the site, albeit something I did by accident, is a nice touch. it makes the blue text stand out less. the only reason we even used blue tet to begin with is because the entirely gray site looked very boring. I always had a quip with it though. The blue here is kind of a kickback to one of THI's older designs.

also, that big gray spot over the header looks stupid, lets get rid of it.

I got tired of looking at mankind's ugly face while working on this.

then I got tired of robert garcia, but zangief gave me a great idea.

obviously this is a shitty rough draft, but if I cut things right, I could have people reaching over or under the actual banner to give it less of a flat feeling. the original idea was to have zangief grabbing the top of the banner.

just having the background showing on top of hte banner was kind of ugly, and I needed to make a space for when we impliment an awesome feature we are working on, so I did the above. once we start usign the banner we might jsut have the site link with the forums and display login info up there till we get our real idea off the ground.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

and here are some of the characters we are gonna use. we also decided to make "a website about EVERYTHING" randomly change to say other things.

feedback? comments? complaints?

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like that a lot. The only thing I'm noticing it that the top and left side of the blue background are a little jagged. I think that happened when you ditched the gray area above the title. Otherwise, very snazzy.
Chrisby
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely win.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that's definitely where the blue area got miffed. I kind of didn't give a shit at te time because I was just throwing things together real fast as an example, but I wish I had taken more care when I had the opportunity, as it would ahve saved me a lot of cleanup now. you can also notice my laziness on the corners where the "top" gray part of the banner connects to the "bottom" blue part around the borders.

thanks for the positive words guys.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 09:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

You hacked into my account!

Just kidding, I already know what that's about. (The Akuma one is fucking awesome, by the way.) Cool

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

my favorites are busta rhymes, cloud, and kenta.

Reply to topic

Jump to: