[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
NHL - Stanley Cup Finals

Reply to topic
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, sports section is slowwww as fuck.

Anyways, anyone watching the Stanley Cup Finals? I am, albeit due to the fact that the Bruins are in it. Blackhawks looked dazed the past game and a half. If the Bruins play their style of game and keep smacking the 'hawks I think they can take the cup in 6.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 01:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the Bruins can pull it off. I love Boston sports!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go team that is close to where I live. Beat that team that isn't close to where I live.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

im rooting for boston by default.
the hawks beat my kings.
so gooooo bruins.

pretty intense games from the highlights i have seen. i havent been able to catch the actual games due to my work schedule, but if youre a hockey fan, you cant be disappointed

(i almost thought this was a spam post too)

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still think this series will end up going 7 games. I've had enough of Chicago's power play issues, though. It's looked sadder than usual, especially last night.

Go Hawks
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go Hawks!!!
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
I still think this series will end up going 7 games. I've had enough of Chicago's power play issues, though. It's looked sadder than usual, especially last night.

Go Hawks

Bruins have a strong penalty kill, I doubt the hawks will get anything going with the pp. And how about hossa pussing out of game three? He should have sucked it up and played, it's the fucking finals!
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Jun 18 2013 09:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go Hawks.

I hate the Bruins as a Leafs fan and can't consciously cheer for a team with Brad Marchand on it, the guy is scumfucker. I don't mind most guys that play that type of game because when they take things too far, someone will often challenge them to a fight and that will settle things down for a bit. Marchand refuses to fight in most cases and I've seen him pull a guy in for a fight, have the other guy drop his gloves and skate away.

I am honestly shocked at how well the Bruins are doing considering their struggles against the Leafs (almost lost game 7 after letting Leafs tie series 3-3 after being down 3-1). I thought the Leafs would end up being one of the weaker teams Boston faced, but after a couple hiccups against us, they basically steamrolled the other two series before the finals.

Hoping for a Chicago series win, but it's looking doubtfull.

Hossa\s injury is probably something that really hinders performance, otherwise he'd be playing since it's the finals. If you are a first liner and injured and can't play like a first liner (ie. wrist/arm injuries can hamper puck control), there's almost no point playing. Playing a guy on hte first or second line whose injuries make him more of a 4th liner, your going to fuck yourself over.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
Bruins have a strong penalty kill, I doubt the hawks will get anything going with the pp. And how about hossa pussing out of game three? He should have sucked it up and played, it's the fucking finals!

While the Bruins do have a good PK (as do the Hawks this year), the way Chicago has performed in their PP gives me the impression that it's being poorly run and/or poorly planned. They seem to be waiting for a perfect shot instead of at least taking a shot at the goal when there's an opening and the possibility of a rebound. Besides, PP has been an off and on issue for them for at least two seasons, preexisting their current matchup with Boston. It was even pretty bad against the Wild in the first round. The Wild!

Also, I don't know about Hossa, if he can't contribute at a decent level, there's no sense starting him. Besides, he's injury prone it seems anyway, or just such a frequent target because of his high skill level, that he gets a lot of wear and tear - so I'm used to it. Teams know how important he is to us, which is a big reason why we lost in the first round last year after Torres knocked out Hossa for the season in the middle of that series.
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If Hossa doesn't play tonight, then fine, I can buy it's a legit injury and he needed time...but if he plays Game 4, what injury is soooo bad that you can't play a game two days ago but can play tonight? I mean Horton is playing with a fucked up arm (not nearly as important as Hossa), but Hossa at less than 100% has to be better than the dude who played a whopping one game this season that they brought in, right? Idk, he was skating at warm-ups and no showed to the game, shrugs.

The Bruins are so hot/cold it's ridiculous. They were streaky all season and are damn lucky to have gotten past the Leafs. They've been on fire since.
anorexorcist
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If they won last game and he sat out, he can sit out game 4. Losing game 3 may force him into game 4 either way as it is by far the most important game in the series. It's either going to be a tied series, or a near impossible to come back from 3-1 series lead for Boston. If I am Hawks management and Hossa is injured, I want him to rest through game three so he can come into game four with as much energy as possible because they are going to need all the help they can get to make this a tied series. I didn't see it, but Hossa was apparently hit by one of his own players in warm up. Hawks coach said his injury wasn't from that, but analysts speculated that it was.

Bruins have been pretty aggressive on the PP which is helping disrupt the Hawks, but the Hawks are passign way too much. I could not believe how many times they failed to register a shot on the PP. They need to get big bodies to the net, take point shots and look for rebounds.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah man, the hawks on the PP is puzzling. They bring it up ice, and pass it around the circle until a Bruin gets a stick in and sends it back to the hawks end. Sadder yet is the Bruins probably have more scoring chances on Blackhawk power plays.

I've also noticed SOOO many near goals by both teams. Lots of posts being hit, lots of pucks idling near the net just out of reach, etc. Rask is playing great but he's gotten lucky a few times.
anorexorcist
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That was not the game I was expecting lol. 6-5 Chicago in overtime, after the first 3 games it's hard to imagine game four would be a shooting gallery. Glad the Hawks won, not only because I'm slighlty cheering for them, but also because it makes the series way more exciting/tense imo. At 2-2 almost every game has a do or die mentality for both sides, at 3-1, the winning team has a massive advantage in winning the series and usually do.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 19 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Crawford played better in 2011 playoffs, despite being ousted in the first round. It's like his left arm is tied behind his back.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 20 2013 09:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

That game was nuts! 12 goals in the first three games, then 11 goals in Game 4! The Bruins seemed to get baited into playing Blackhawk style hockey and even though they matched the blows, it really isn't what they want. Blackhawks owned rebounds and I think that gave them a big edge they were lacking.

And yeah, holy crap, Crawford has no chance glove side. He looked like a statue on a few of the goals, Bruins need to exploit the fuck out of that. I wish they didn't take two days off, I'd rather a game every other day, but I imagine the NHL/NBA have an agreement not to have games on the same night, though it wouldn't even apply now, wtf! And games 6/7 will be back2back if we make it that far.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 20 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
And games 6/7 will be back2back if we make it that far.

Game 6 is scheduled for Monday, and Game 7 is scheduled for Wednesday, I believe. I was hoping the Hawks would win in 5 so that it would happen on a weekend. They won on a Wednesday in 2010, I think, and going in to work the next day was brutal. That's assuming the Hawks can pull this off, though, and this series has looked like a seven game thriller the whole time to me, anyway.

But man, that was too stressful of a game to watch last night. I'd walk over to the kitchen and when I returned the Hawks' lead would be gone each time. Craziness.
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 20 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you're right on the schedule, I swear it was back2back when the schedule was announce, maybe it changed or I'm delusional.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 24 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's going to be exciting tonight, no matter what. While it going to seven games would be more exciting, and it would be great to win the cup at home, we'd be better off clinching it tonight when we can, because Boston is so damn tough. Anything can happen in a game 7, even at home.

Hopefully both Toews & Bergeron will be well enough to play tonight. If the Hawks win, I hope either Kane or Sharp get the Conn Smythe/MVP trophy. Sharp has been brilliant the entire playoffs, and Kane has had streaks of awesomeness, including the last two games.

The game Saturday was pretty great, if you're a Hawks fan.

I'm coming off a cold, so I might not be able to drink, which sucks, though.
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 24 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeahhh, game 5 was aggravating, hopefully Boston can win Game 6 and force a game 7 showdown. Boston won their last cup with a Game 6 win at home, followed by a Game 7 win on the road I think.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 24 2013 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
Boston won their last cup with a Game 6 win at home, followed by a Game 7 win on the road I think.

Don't remind me. Sad

Klimbatize wrote:

Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 24 2013 03:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
Rydog wrote:
Boston won their last cup with a Game 6 win at home, followed by a Game 7 win on the road I think.

Don't remind me. Sad
Of what?

( I stole that from my 2011 NHL thread post Very Happy )
Cattivo
PostPosted: Jun 24 2013 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's why the pressure is on the Hawks to close it out tonight. Nothing's over till it's over.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 06:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that was a Buckner-esque meltdown.

Congratulations, Chicago.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 09:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

That was insane, I can't believe that happened! What a choke. This is one of those weeks, where I won't watch/listen to sports talk of any sort, it will just drive me insane to hear about it over and over and over again. Losing wasn't half as bad as the way we lost.

It was a fun series to watch either way. Grats hawks
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 25 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not nearly as bad as the way the Leafs choked against the Bruins in the first round.

Klimbatize wrote:

Reply to topic

Jump to: