[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros. [WiiU]

Reply to topic
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 14 2015 02:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
The fartiness over Cloud in Super Smash Bros. is astounding, just like I hoped.

This is pretty much the way I look at it. It's so entertaining. The game already has a substantial roster and the uproar about this seems very odd to me. Too strong a sense of entitlement if you ask me.
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 14 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll add him to the roster just because he's there, same as his companions and the three that preceded them.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 14 2015 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Admittedly I haven't downloaded any of the DLC yet because none of them look that interesting to play. Still waiting for someone like Shovel Knight.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 14 2015 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
username wrote:
he was in the kingdom hearts game for the GBA iirc, and in theathrythm or however you spell it

Does that really "count" though? It's like if they added Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill games into Smash with the justification that he was in that shitty kart racer on the GBA.

I would buy a Wii U and Smash if they put Pyramid Head in it. Unless it was that lame design version from the movie and Homecoming.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

jprime
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Despite many, many hiccups, I watched the announcement from Masahiro Sakurai. Corrin, Cloud and Bayonetta, the final three characters, will be available in February.
Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's actually astonishing how much I didn't want another Fire Emblem character. Corrin looks like an utter waste of space. Also, bonus hate for a total of five sword users from Fire Emblem and no axe or spear users.

I will say I'm excited for Bayonetta; she's the first DLC that I'll actually be downloading. I'm super disappointed that none of the top poll characters (Banjo & Kazooie, Shovel Knight, King K. Rool, Isaac from Golden Sun, etc.) are going to be DLC, however.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
It's actually astonishing how much I didn't want another Fire Emblem character. Corrin looks like an utter waste of space. Also, bonus hate for a total of five sword users from Fire Emblem and no axe or spear users.

Too bad. There's Fire Emblem games in development and we all have to live with that fact.

Can't wait to read about the people who cried over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U reporting on their old wounds being reopened. Also, she doesn't use a sword.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Too bad. There's Fire Emblem games in development and we all have to live with that fact.

Can't wait to read about the people who cried over Bayonetta 2 on Wii U reporting on their old wounds being reopened. Also, she doesn't use a sword.

So basically Corrin is just an advertisement? Great.

Preng
PostPosted: Dec 15 2015 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't Roy an advertisement too?
LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that Geno is a costume but not a playable character is such a cock-tease.
jprime
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 01:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, I missed an important bit of info, due to those hiccups I mentioned. Cloud's available right now, but the others will be out in a couple months.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 02:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno why Nintendo isn't throwing in some more recognizable flagship characters that the average person would recognize instead of "generic anime stereotype #75" or "Let's advertise a game that only like 2% of the US population even knows exists!"

But I guess it doesn't matter. The people that jack off over these kinds of characters are the same that will buy a hundred dollars worth of DLC per game and a hundred dollars worth of shitty toys to unlock more shitty parts of mediocre games, so Nintendo will make the money that they regret not making from people not buying their latest system or their latest iteration of handheld systems that offer almost literally no difference in the previous one.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Should have added Shovel Knight.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 03:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:

This. I was almost certain he'd be in the game when I saw his Amiibo announced.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 05:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shovel Knight and Shantae would have been cool. Shaquille O'Neal would have been awesome to promote the new Shaq-Fu game.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
Wasn't Roy an advertisement too?

Yes.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
jprime
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Shaquille O'Neal would have been awesome to promote the new Shaq-Fu game.

He made the second-worst video of 1994.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:
Shaquille O'Neal would have been awesome to promote the new Shaq-Fu game.

He made the second-worst video of 1994.

I see that you have also played Ballz 3D: Fighting at its Ballziest.
Preng
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

For the record I agree that it would have been wonderful to see Shovel Knight added to the game. Though I am curious. How much exposure has it gotten in Japan?

This Yacht Club Games article hasn't been updated since November 2014, but it doesn't seem like the game has been released there yet.

To me that seems like a perfect opportunity to introduce Japanese gamers to Shovel Knight. Like we were with Fire Emblem. I'm not at the board room meetings, though.

So is this the final batch of DLC characters for Smash 4?
jprime
PostPosted: Dec 16 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So they said.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Dec 18 2015 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Klimbatize wrote:

This. I was almost certain he'd be in the game when I saw his Amiibo announced.

Yeah, it's the first amiibo I'll actually buy.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

jprime
PostPosted: Dec 19 2015 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having completed a long-running prior engagement, I finally added Cloud to the roster and went through the game as him. Not my best run by any means, but I now have that under my belt. Just two more to go, come February.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 12 2016 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i like all the DLC characters myself. did they waste an opportunity by not having other characters? yes, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes w/licensing & then determining a valid move list etc etc.

im excited for bayonetta. she looks like a mix between zero suit samus & sheik, who are already top tier, so shes bound to be top tier from the get go.

corrine looks cool. the transformations he does add to the character vs just being another sword fighter.

i like cloud. hes fast & strong & a little OP, but im sure he'll get balanced out. i wouldve preferred sephiroth though as a final fantasy character. or even vivi.

personally i wish we wouldve gotten alucard, or a belmont. or anyone from castlevania really. especially since they have been around since the NES days. even bomberman wouldve been cool, even though his moveset would probably be limited.

speculation on the smash reddit was that corrine was probably one of the top vote getters in japan, bayonetta was europe, and cloud (final fantasy) was usa. although i would imagine USA wouldve been someone else like master chief or something.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

jprime
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 03:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've downloaded and gone through the game as Bayonetta and Corrin, thus finally completing my investment in it after a little over a year. Considering I only wanted it because Mega Man was in it, I'm happy to be done with it. At the gun, Zelda, for whatever reason, was my best character.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
"Let's advertise a game that only like 2% of the US population even knows exists!"

Assuming this is a reference to Fire Emblem, I would have thought that this was true until I became a high school teacher. But I am absolutely amazed at the vast numbers of my students who are all-in on Fire Emblem. Then again, I teach computer programming, so maybe I just have a way higher percentage of total nerds than most other teachers.
Reply to topic

Jump to: