"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros. [WiiU]

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Sep 11 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So I'd be playing as Mega Man second-last, after Pac-Man and before Sonic. Okay, then.
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Sep 11 2014 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very happy to see Roy making a comeback.
[SPOILER:5642dcb614]Image[/SPOILER:5642dcb614]
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Oct 23 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ

Huge info dump from Nintendo. This looks amazing. And it looks like I pretty have to get the 3DS version now because owners of both copies get:
[SPOILER:3bd24432c7]Free two disc soundtrack of the games and FREAKING MEWTWO.[/SPOILER:3bd24432c7]
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Oct 24 2014 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus Christ, Nintendo, you're tempting me to buy a Wii U.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Oct 24 2014 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just got around to watching the Smash Bros. for Wii U Factstravaganza. 9/10 Nintendo Direct, would watch again several times in the days leading up to release.

Thoughts.

• Whoever designed that Donkey Kong Country stage really likes Fatal Fury Special.
  • Did they ever explain why the 3DS game didn't have special matches and the item switch and other minor yet important things like that? It makes me think it was rushed or something.
  • I always was suspicious of Palutena Palace being so enormous. 8-player Smash is gonna be a nightmare for anyone without a HDTV. Some poor fool is going to use it for a tournament, thinking it will make it go twice as fast.
  • The lack of in-game voice chat for bandwidth reasons doesn't bode well for Splatoon. God I sure hope that game gets warm reception.
  • I'm still not sure about the amiibo fighters. How are they going to update the AI when the metagame changes a year from now?
  • It's funny to think that Master Core is basically Tabuu with less personality, and yet somehow it's a better boss. Master Fortress reminded me of Salamander or X-Multiply or whichever shmup had the heart of the final boss as the last stage.
  • Smash Tour is basically Dokapon Kingdom and King of Fighters put together. Might be cool.
  • When I played All-Star in the 3DS game, I framed each year range by the Metal Gear timeline. The years each stage takes place in happen to include exactly one Metal Gear game each (starting with Phantom Pain). Now I have to imagine Snake getting younger?
  • They should just let us use any song on any stage. It would give the modders one less headache.
  • Remember that "Special Movie" from Melee? Did they ever explain what that was about? And why have they never made another like it?
  • When they got to the part about the dialogues from Kid Icarus, I thought to myself: Who's more blatant about self-insertion, Sakurai or Kojima?
  • Mewtwo is meh. Greninja is close enough in terms of moves anyway.
  • I thought I would hate the announcer guy talking for so long, but he grew on me in a hurry. IT HAS FEATURES!!!!

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 24 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

heres the vid in case anyone missed it.... not sure how you would

also, im sure mewtwo will be free to people who own both copies of the game, but others will probably have to pay for it. i hope they clarify that down the road.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

The Opponent
PostPosted: Oct 24 2014 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My little brother is a big fan of The Outfoxies. I told him he can play coin battles and pretend it's Outfoxies since that game was about money.

If you don't know, it's an old arcade game by Namco that's often cited as a major influence for Smash Bros.

Also they put out a piece about amiibo that they need to find a way to put on television.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Oct 25 2014 01:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MEWTWO IS BACK, BABY!

Honestly, I'm really happy. I have no idea why he was taken out of Brawl, but I'm glad he's back, even if it's as DLC.

Also, the roster in this game is amazing!

And 8 player matches? Could this game get any more awesome?

I have been excited for this game since it was announced, but now I am really fucking excited. About the only complaint I have is that they had to remove the Ice Climbers because of the 3DS' limitations and Nintendo wants to make both versions equal for some reason. Other than that, I can't think of a single bad thing I can say about this game.

I've been thinking about getting a Wii U for months. There's no more thinking. I'm fucking getting a Wii U within the upcoming months. Smash Bros., Super Mario 3D World, NSMBU, NSLU, Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wii U, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi's Wooly World, X, Splatoon, Pikmin 3, Star Fox, DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, etc. The Wii U is going to be absolutely stacked. Fuck, it is already, even if some of those games aren't out yet.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Oct 25 2014 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So who here actually used Mewtwo on a frequent basis in Melee? I respect Nintendo for bringing him back, since the internet at large seems to be in love with the character (and back when I played the Pokémon games he was my favorite), but I never really jived with his moveset.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 26 2014 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
So who here actually used Mewtwo on a frequent basis in Melee? I respect Nintendo for bringing him back, since the internet at large seems to be in love with the character (and back when I played the Pokémon games he was my favorite), but I never really jived with his moveset.

Same. Even though they do play quite a bit differently, I always thought Lucario was a welcome replacement for him.

username
PostPosted: Oct 28 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i never cared for mewtwo. he was too slippery for me and i couldnt get a handle on his timing

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Nov 07 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Intro & Opening Cutscene (1080p Wii U)

Klimbatize wrote:

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 09 2014 07:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Top Ten Favorite Characters In The New Smash Bros. Game, Now That I've Owned It For A Few Weeks And Have Spent Time With Every Character: A List By Cameron Richter
1. Bowser
2. Pac-Man
3. Lucina
4. Lucario
5. Duck Hunt
6. Ganondorf
7. Mega Man
8. Yoshi
9. Link
10. Falco
Honorable Mentions go to Charizard, Jigglypuff and Kirby

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 26 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new job that pays real money such that I can eat and be entertained in the same month. Proud owner of a new wii u, plus the new smash. It is rocking my face. Once I figure out how modern consoles and online capability works, I can't wait to throw down with you guys. I have no idea what a friend code is or how it works, but I'm a grown man and I bet I can figure it out.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Nov 26 2014 01:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have two jobs and the TVs in the house are arranged in such a way that all of them are either being used by family when I want to play or are just not ideal for some other reason. I barely get any time to play my console games at all anymore, and I don't want to use the GamePad's screen when there are multiple HDTVs right there.

Game's good, though, at least what little I played of it. My favorite parts are that Classic mode at difficulty 6 and higher literally takes place in Hell, and the Crazy Orders mode which is a unique take on the traditional survival mode that fighting games used to have. Whatever happened to those, anyway?

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Nov 26 2014 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
I have two jobs and the TVs in the house are arranged in such a way that all of them are either being used by family when I want to play or are just not ideal for some other reason. I barely get any time to play my console games at all anymore, and I don't want to use the GamePad's screen when there are multiple HDTVs right there.

Game's good, though, at least what little I played of it. My favorite parts are that Classic mode at difficulty 6 and higher literally takes place in Hell, and the Crazy Orders mode which is a unique take on the traditional survival mode that fighting games used to have. Whatever happened to those, anyway?

You should get another HDTV.
username
PostPosted: Dec 01 2014 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

maybe even a projector would be dope. we played on my buddy's projector 8 player smash & that shit was hella dope. even 4 player smash was great on the projector. i definitely need to get a bigger tv but this game is hella fun. im kind of pissed they ran out of gamecube controller adapters but im sure they'll have more by the time christmas rolls around.

Klimbatize wrote:

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 01 2014 07:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
maybe even a projector would be dope. we played on my buddy's projector 8 player smash & that shit was hella dope. even 4 player smash was great on the projector. i definitely need to get a bigger tv but this game is hella fun. im kind of pissed they ran out of gamecube controller adapters but im sure they'll have more by the time christmas rolls around.

I heard that Nintendo isn't making anymore, but I'm sure other companies will make them.
username
PostPosted: Dec 01 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

they currently arent making anymore, but i believe its due to the fact their priorities are to release properly in the other regions. they still havent released in europe or japan, so i think they just want to have a smooth launch. once thats done, im sure theyll get back to producing more adapters.

Klimbatize wrote:

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Dec 01 2014 08:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One of the world's biggest video game companies can't release a game all over the world at the same time? That's stupid.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Dec 01 2014 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

None of the big ones can, except whenever they feel like it, like with Pokémon X & Y.

username
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

so cameron put up his list of faves. anyone else have any ranking/faves they would like to share? im still going random just cuz thats what ive always done but i have grown very partial to rosalina. also, king dedede isnt totally worthless this time around. at least in team battles dedede is good backup.

Klimbatize wrote:

The Opponent
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you've ever played Skullgirls, the Duck Hunt is basically Parasoul. Throw bombs around, explode things from a mile away, summon dudes to use as shields and occasionally as a firing squad, have a long-reaching aerial move, etc. I might make a comparison diagram later.

I also like Robin just because she (if you use the male version, don't even bother) has so much versatility. I'm told that in her original game, Nosferatu is the only move you need to beat the game, but here it's Arcfire.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 02:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="The-Excel"I also like Robin just because she (if you use the male version, don't even bother) has so much versatility. I'm told that in her original game, Nosferatu is the only move you need to beat the game, but here it's Arcfire.[/quote]
Wasn't really my impression, my ultimate spec with her involved a wind spell that gave you two hits for each attack you could make coupled with a skill that prevented weapons from breaking (% = 2x Luck stat). Arcfire's the strongest of the standard fire tomes though (then you get into stuff like Bolgenone)

I'm still leery of all of the bad things I'm hearing about banned accounts from online play.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope they add the 3DS stages to the Wii U version at some point. A lot of my favorite stages are only in the 3DS version. Sad
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: