"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Duck Hunt derivative

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Nov 07 2005 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've begun work on a Duck Hunt derivative called Jew Hunt. If you can't assume what happens, that's too bad. I jokingly came up with the idea on Sunday night while watching and making fun of Category 7: on CBS. I was trying to think of what the jews would say instead of the duck quaking and my friend said, "I'm rich!" I have yet to implement that. I figured I'd program it for practice and parody. It's not anything extravagant, just something for fun. If you take this game seriously either historically, ethnically, or aesthetically, then don't bother. It's just a fun parody. Maybe I should devise a disclaimer for my work.

I have a lot of the work done already and I only started it Sunday night. It's amazing what 12 hours of programming can do. Anyway, I hope to have version 1 finished within the next few days. I want to put it on my site, but I'm not sure if/when I can do that. I'll post here again when it's available if someone's interested. If you have any questions or anything, message/e-mail me.

RIP Hacker.

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Nov 08 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think Syd's trying to get MORE people on the site, not less. That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard. That and Girls' Club. That show was awful before it was even written.

Rycona
PostPosted: Nov 08 2005 05:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You're right. It is a bad idea, which is why it's not a serious project. Then again, some horrible ideas have become some of the greatest games. I don't expect this to go anywhere, especially since it's a pretty direct parody.

Anyway, I have the main function of the game complete except for the level 100 surprise. I just need some pictures and version one shall be complete. It won't have the clayshooting derivative, or star shooter. At least, not until I add it, if I do. You can play 1 or 2 jews at a time. Woo.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 09 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Flying Jews, huh? A vagrant on the subway once told me that gravity was "the only thing the Jews DON'T control." Needless to say, I didn't offer him the extra bagel I had. I kinda wish I did though, because even if he had said yes, I couldn't have actually given it to him. After all, I don't want to be responsible for turning someone into a hypocrite.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
PostPosted: Dec 21 2005 05:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have a cheesy demo of Jew Hunt available via: Jew Hunt Demo.

It's not great, but that's because I have to finish it. I've been working on something else and haven't gotten back to this yet, but it's playable and you get the general idea of the game... or rather, most of the game.

If it doesn't work on your computer (which for some reason seems likely) then too bad, I guess. Blitz seems to be picky sometimes. Also, widescreens most likely will NOT be able to support it. If you have any questions, let me know.

And please, don't hurl bricks at me.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: