"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Good list of 100 NES/Famicom games.

Reply to topic
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Feb 20 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/top-100-nesfamicom-games-list-100-90/

I found this while searching Google for another list of NES games as I have used Syd's so much I almost have it memorized. This guy put a hell of a lot of work into this list with tons of info about each game plus commercials that were used to advertise them back in the late 80's and early 90's. I didn't agree with how he had some of the games ranked but I don't imagine I would completely agree with anyone's list unless I decided to make my own. Anyway, I thought I would share this for those of you who still enjoy playing the NES from time to time. It's not as good as Syd n Co.'s list, but then again, what is?
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think someone might have posted this link here before. I seem to recall discussion of this in the past year or two.

I found it enjoyable to read, although I also disagree with some of the rankings. Keep in mind that it is also a Famicom/NES list, which includes games not released in North America.

JohnnyBenz
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 04:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I should've known this would have been posted, but it seemed so obscure and I guess I was hoping to be able to claim the discovery even though he completed that list last year (ha). He's working on a list for the Game Boy now which he might have finished by now although I'm not sure. Thanks for letting me know about this having been posted, I'll remove this in a day or two unless the powers that be do it first, I'm not sure how it works when something gets posted more than once.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry about it being removed, this kind of thing happens. I probably would have forgotten about that list if you hadn't posted anyways, so thanks for bringing it back.

Not Sure
Too Good At 2D Games
Too Good At 2D Games
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 06:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bio Force Ape does not belong on any list of games that are supposed to be good.

My Youtube Channel | 2012 NES Challenge standings
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

JohnnyBenz
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Don't worry about it being removed, this kind of thing happens. I probably would have forgotten about that list if you hadn't posted anyways, so thanks for bringing it back.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't cluttering things up. For some reason when I fire up the NES it seems for fun to me to have a good list of games to pick from, which is a big reason why I wanted to share it.
JohnnyBenz
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I thought it was odd that he had a game that wasn't even fully developed on his list. Also, I have no clue if the number one game is anywhere near worthy of that spot as I've never played it. I just expected Mario 3 to be in that spot. Although it was refreshing to see someone make a bold decision by placing something else in the top spot, I have yet to play a game that can compete with Mario 3 in terms of gameplay, design, and the sheer longevity with which it is able to actually compete even with games to this day.
Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 07:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The old thread on it is here, if you want to take a look through the discussion we had at the time. It actually generated a lot of talk back then, folks were pretty split on whether it was a good list or not. It's still good for a laugh, though, I'm with atom on being glad you brought it up again.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JohnnyBenz
PostPosted: Feb 21 2013 09:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit. Lol. There were some very spirited debates going on to say the least but entertaining discussion overall. I read everything except an extremely long quote from one of the posters. The standout for me would have been LeshLush's Turtle Stomping Brothers. Syd might wanna think about giving that guy a staff job.

Thanks for posting that link, glad I got to play catchup. That, in my opinion, was one of the best discussions I've had the pleasure of reading on this site.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 22 2013 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fernin wrote:
The old thread on it is here, if you want to take a look through the discussion we had at the time. It actually generated a lot of talk back then, folks were pretty split on whether it was a good list or not. It's still good for a laugh, though, I'm with atom on being glad you brought it up again.

Ha, I remember that thread now. I'm glad you posted a link to it because I had forgotten what the name of my fake website was, and where I had posted a link to it. Now I can add more "sources" to it and win arguments on this site.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JohnnyBenz
PostPosted: Feb 23 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haha. Unfortunatly, when passions run as high as they did for certain individuals who posted in the last thread, winning isn't as much an option as it seems more of an act of attrition. Just keep arguing that Contra is better than FF1 and eventually the opposing party will tire out and simply concede the point.

I will say I like the point that when you make a best games' list you are ranking the genres as much as the individual games. I never thought of it that way until reading that thread.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 24 2013 04:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I miss some of those debates. These days, I mostly out closet Nazis on the World of Tanks forum.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Bacon_Motherfucker
PostPosted: Apr 17 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This Is A Joke
Reply to topic

Jump to: