Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 07:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Or a kid with down's syndrome.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Tishwitch wrote:
Next time you feel the need to waste that much money buy her something that'll LAST!

Don't worry, her birthday was last wednesday and I bought her diamond earrings. Ya gotta love my bill this month, but the good thing is I don't have to buy her anything again till Sweetest Day. And if I do, that's one of the many, many reasons I play poker.

Besides, she absolutely loves flowers, so that's always a good gift for her anyway.

You midwesterners and your fake holidays. I had never heard of Sweetest Day until my girlfriend mentioned it to me last years. Is it really a big thing out there?

As for the whole flower thing, I've never met a girl that didn't love getting them for her birthday, Valentine's Day, or just because. And not nod and smile like Tish said, but genuinely love them. Roses are the stereotypical gift though and as such it's been my experience that girls want a different type of flower instead of roses. (The whole anti-roses because they're generic and stereotypical thing may not apply to all or most women, but among those I know it was the case)

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I live in Missouri, which is core midwest, and I've never heard of Sweetest Day. Sounds like a bullshit holiday made up by women so they can get more jewlery. Howsabout a "Shit Exploding and Asses Getting Kicked" day for guys? Hmm? Or howsabout making Winter-Een-Mas a federal holiday?

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Cattivo wrote:
Tishwitch wrote:
Next time you feel the need to waste that much money buy her something that'll LAST!

Don't worry, her birthday was last wednesday and I bought her diamond earrings. Ya gotta love my bill this month, but the good thing is I don't have to buy her anything again till Sweetest Day. And if I do, that's one of the many, many reasons I play poker.

Besides, she absolutely loves flowers, so that's always a good gift for her anyway.

You midwesterners and your fake holidays. I had never heard of Sweetest Day until my girlfriend mentioned it to me last years. Is it really a big thing out there?

I've heard of it back in like 99 but I never celebrate it. I refuse to give in to the hallmark holidays that people create, if thats the case how bout I start, "Yes, we had sex but please don't call me anymore" Day

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 09:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's always Steak & BJ Day on March 14th. Look it up.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 28 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
I live in Missouri, which is core midwest, and I've never heard of Sweetest Day. Sounds like a bullshit holiday made up by women so they can get more jewlery. Howsabout a "Shit Exploding and Asses Getting Kicked" day for guys? Hmm? Or howsabout making Winter-Een-Mas a federal holiday?

The holiday was created in Ohio I think which is why my girlfriend knew of it. It may have been Illinois, but either way the holiday has a very small kill radius. And now to quote some crazy old guy in an episode of Mission Hill: "A man like Harry Truman doesn't care if your kill circle is elipsoidal or not"

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 01 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Is it really a big thing out there?

It's no where near as big as Valentine's, and very easy to forget - especially because it's not a fixed day of the year, just some Saturday in October.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 01 2007 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm a bastard, I would never get my grilfriend flowers, even if she liked them. The main reason being that they are highly impractical beyond scoring points with the lady. They die quickly and they do what else? Oh yea, cause allergies. I'm not allergic by any means, but some people are, and they wouldn't be able to come over for a week or so until those damn flowers died.

Also, I refuse to buy jewelry unless it's highly inexpensive and incredibly unique. I feel that if a girl needs jewelry to feel loved, she's not my type.

If I do get my feminine pal anything, it'll be something that can be used, like software or something. My girlfriend is very artsy, so I could get her acrylic paints or something like that.

But as I said, I'm a bastard. This is my view, not advice.

RIP Hacker.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 01 2007 02:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I had a choice, I would never buy flowers again. They may be pretty to look at, but they smell awful to me, and don't last like you mentioned...But, I buy them anyway because it makes her happy.

Jewelry itself is too expensive to be really worth it....But, I buy it anyway because it makes her happy.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 01 2007 02:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
If I had a choice, I would never buy flowers again. They may be pretty to look at, but they smell awful to me, and don't last like you mentioned...But, I buy them anyway because it makes her happy.

Jewelry itself is too expensive to be really worth it....But, I buy it anyway because it makes her happy.

And we all know that a woman's happiness = blowjobs and roleplay.

Reply to topic

Jump to: