"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Doink the Clown

Reply to topic
Mick Bynes
Title: The Death Metal God
PostPosted: Dec 07 2012 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember WWE's Doink the Clown? Yeah surprisingly, I was into wrestling from the early 1990's to about 2000. I didn't care for it that much later. However, in my opinion... wrestling in the 90's was the best.

Anyhow, Doink started out as "the clown" who would be in the crowd and no one knew who he was. Later on he'd pull pranks on wrestlers. Then he said his name was Doink and he was a heel-wrestler from that point on. I remember his feud with Crush. It was quite funny.

I remember there were multiple Doinks too. In his match with Crush at Wrestlemania IX, he won when another Doink entered the ring. Of course the ref didn't see that and I thought it was hilarious how Bobby Heenan said it was an illusion.

He won most of his matches during his heel run (mostly he won against jobbers and superstars like Koko B. Ware who were jobbing), but he lost against Marty Jannetty, Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P.) and then I think he got disqualified in his last match with Crush.

He was okay when he became a face wrestler... but he wasn't that entertaining. Then some other guy portrayed Doink... I think it was the guy who The Brooklyn Brawler. The guy who was Doink first was "evil Doink" was Matt Borne. He was dismissed by the WWE due to his cocaine usage (the pre-cursor of Dr. Rockzo? LOL!).

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 07 2012 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reply to topic

Jump to: