SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Return to Ravnica

Reply to topic
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 02:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played Magic since 1998, but I'm looking to get back into it, and now seems like good timing because of the new Return to Ravnica release. Does anybody have any advice for somebody just getting back into Magic Also, please discuss Return to Ravnica amongst yourselves so I can see get back down with the hip slang phrases you crazy kids are tossing out and jiving to.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Played Rakdos at the prerelease. Went 1-2, 2-1, 2-0 and finally 0-2 (vs Azorius) in my matches.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 06:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I also played Rakdos at the prerelease. I went 4-2. My two losses were to Azorius (0-2) and a guy who signed up for Izzet, but his deck was Azorius with a couple of burn spells (0-2).

As for getting back into MTG, I recommend starting with draft and/or sealed events. You will relearn the rules, and while you may play against competitive opponents, you will not be playing against the Tier 1 competitive decks you might see at a constructed event.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What guild do you recommend for someone who hasn't played in forever and might need a bit of training wheels? Selesnya looks it might have the lowest learning curve to me.
Reply to topic

Jump to: