SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Never Let Me Go

Reply to topic
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Aug 19 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Last night my wife suggested that we watch this movie based on a book she had read. I had never heard of it (currently wish I had still never...) but I went along for the ride.

Never Let Me Go was possibly the most aggravating movie I have ever seen.

[SPOILER:533d71e51f]I don't understand why no one fought back... it seemed like that was the only fucking reason that the movie should exist. Everyone just goes along with being killed as though they are cattle... well, guess what? I am not going to feel bad people who don't have the will to live.

Before we watched the movie we had some friends over swimming. They had a dog that was hanging around, but never wanted to go into the pool. As soon as we put the solar cover on the pool the dog thought it was a solid top and began to run across it. It engulfed the dog's legs and began to drown the dog. The dog kept fighting and scurried its way to the other side where we were able to lift it out of the pool. Now, worst case scenario we would have dragged the cover off the pool onto the lawn. And we were getting ready to do that. However, the dog had the intense will to live on its own. In my opinion, that is part of what life is about.

The people in this movie lacked that characteristic and I just don't understand.[/SPOILER:533d71e51f]

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 19 2012 01:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like that movie would aggravate me as well.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Aug 19 2012 06:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just read the summary in wiki out of curiosity, and that alone was enough to piss me off. I can totally see why this was aggravating as heck.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 19 2012 09:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just think of DiCaprio's character drowning in Titanic.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: