"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
W.A.S.P.

Reply to topic
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jun 30 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody into W.A.S.P.? Before now I hadn't ever really checked them out, but I recently saw a thread about them over on metal archives where people were discussing the fact that in spite of their Glam metal image, they're metal as fuck. I gave them a listen and picked up the Crimson Idol album. Good shit.....can't believe I've been missing out on this band up until now.

Any other fans with suggestions?

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 30 2012 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Some of their more well-known songs include:

I Wanna Be Somebody
L.O.V.E. Machine
Animal (Fuck Like a Beast)
Mean Man
Blind In Texas
Wild Child
Kill Fuck Die
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Jun 30 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WASP is a highly underrated metal band. Part of their underratedness may or may not have to do with the fact that Blackie Lawless is the biggest asshole in the history of heavy metal. He's also a born again Christian, which in the entertainment business usually means that you've become such an asshole that people stop associating with you. And when mortals won't speak to you, you search for a higher power.

WASP's 90's output is generally more highly regarded then most of Blackie's contemporaries, but I haven't heard much of it for whatever reason.

I used to think Crimson Idol was WASP's best album. It's a great concept lyrically, but it's very repetitive musically. Especially with the drums, pretty much the same fill over and over again. I'd pick the debut as their best with The Headless Children as a close second.

Best songs:
Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The Rue Morgue)
Heretic (The Lost Child)
The Torture Never Stops
Blind In Texas
I Wanna Be Somebody
Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)
Thunderhead
Hellion
Wild Child
Forever Free

I'm also not entirely sure I would call them glam. They definitely teased their hair like most bands in the 80's, but it wasn't a case where you couldn't tell if they were guys.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 30 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to mention Forever Free, but a lot of people don't like it. I dig it though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Jul 01 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Like fucking who?

Also, their cover of The Real Me is pretty good, but it lacks the bass shredding awesomeness of the original.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Jul 01 2012 08:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

It must have been 2005, i went to an Iron Maiden concert and this girl i didn't know came with us, friend of a friend.

Me: What bands do you like?
Her: W.A.S.P.
*Proceed to laugh in her face*

I'm glad the early 90s killed off this crap.

/contributiontothethread
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 01 2012 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's a ballad, JRA, and ballads are "gay".
JRA
PostPosted: Jul 01 2012 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So is Sleeping In The Fire, and don't most WASP fans love that song?

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jul 10 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sleeping in the Fire is BAD ASS. The self-titled debut is probably their best, and The Last Command is decent too. I've been a fan of W.A.S.P since I was about 5 or 6. I even own the infamous "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" single on vinyl.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
JRA
PostPosted: Jul 15 2012 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Of course Blackie won't play that damn song anymore because it makes his God cry.

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Aug 30 2012 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Picked up the Headless Children album, and I've gotta say.......Crimson Idol is good, but HC kicks its ass all over the place.

I'd post some vids as evidence, but I can't figure out how to embed All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Skinr
Title: Minituae Guru
PostPosted: Sep 13 2012 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The way I originally found out about W.A.S.P. was their appearance in The Dungeonmaster (aka Ragewar). In that movie, the drummer literally explodes on stage.

Mick Bynes
Title: The Death Metal God
PostPosted: Dec 06 2012 03:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

W.A.S.P. rocks! I have their Animal (Fuck Like A Beast) and their first couple of albums (WASP and The Last Command). I need to get more of their albums. They're quite an essential metal band.

Reply to topic

Jump to: