"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
GNR Bans Slash Shirts at Concerts

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jun 04 2012 02:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110

"The division between Guns N' Roses' current line-up and their former members is well documented, with the fallout between singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash particularly infamous.

However, the current line-up's management team have taken extreme steps to distance themselves from their classic version, by banning anyone coming to their UK tour from wearing a Slash t-shirt.

During the band's gig at London's O2 Arena last night (May 31), an NME source noticed that a member of the crowd was bare-chested under his jacket. When asked why, 18-year old James Revell said he was told to remove his top because no one was allowed in wearing a Slash T-shirt.

The source then asked security if this was the case and was told by a member of the venue's team: "We were told by the management not to allow anyone into the O2 Arena who is wearing a Slash T-shirt and we are asking anyone who is to remove it and if they refuse they will be turned away."

Then asked what about the people sitting at the back who cannot be seen from the stage, the security guard replied: "This is what we were told."

Speaking to NME today (June 1) about his ordeal, Revell described what had happened. He said: "I felt very angry because I was looking after my little brotther at the time and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me, however i did not react angrily as I didn't want to spoil the show for him."

Then asked why he thought the band had acted in this manner he said: "I believe they asked me to do this because Axl Rose has some problem with Slash and if he saw me wearing the shirt he might have stormed off stage."

Revell then spoke of his anger about the request and revealed that the band were also so late onstage that he only saw three songs.

He added: "I have never experienced anything as insulting as that at a concert before and I had to sit there in my little brothers jumper and wait for Axl to turn up well over an hour late, which we could only stay to watch 3 songs as we had to catch a train back. I think that Axl Rose doesn't appreciate his fans or anyone for that matter, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a child."

As well as this, the band have been roundly criticised on their UK tour for their late starts, even taking to the stage at 11.15pm in Manchester on Tuesday (May 29)."

Obvious bait to get Syd in here and defend it.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Jun 04 2012 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Axl Rose: shittest person in the music industry since 1985.

How anyone can stand up for him in the light of stupid and immature shit like this is beyond me.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jun 04 2012 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Either demand a refund, or wear a T shirt that says Axle is a dickhead, problem solved!

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 04 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like... come on.

Axl is famous for taking the stage late and not liking Slash. If either of those things are a surprise to you, you're obviously not a Guns N' Roses fan, and you shouldn't be at the show. End of story.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 05 2012 04:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Like... come on.

Axl is famous for taking the stage late and not liking Slash. If either of those things are a surprise to you, you're obviously not a Guns N' Roses fan, and you shouldn't be at the show. End of story.

yeah. those are obvious points.

still doesnt detract from the fact that axl rose is a total fucking douche prima donna. paying customers who went to see you in concert and then you have to make them go thru all those hoops? fuck that noise. if i see him, im punching him.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 05 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The late show syndrome does suck, but acting surprised about it is foolish. The band is abusively late to their shows and that is just the way it is.

As far as the shirt thing goes, it sounds like the managerial staff made a call so they can limit Axl's excuses for getting upset and throwing a temper tantrum. Enabling much?

I don't condone his actions, but at the same time, I am a GNR fan. I want to hear the music. BTW... it is kinda like wearing a Yankee's jersey to Fenway Park... were consequences really not foreseen?

Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Jun 05 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never knew Slash had his own t-shirts.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 06 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

In addition to Snakepit and Blues Ball, yes, there are just Slash shirts.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 07 2012 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice2SeeYou wrote:
I never knew Slash had his own t-shirts.

https://www.slashmerch.com

Gabrielhummus
PostPosted: Jul 15 2020 02:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. Most official merchandise has a date stamped somewhere on the design in fine print. Aside from that, the actual "fit" for t-shirts back then was considerably different. Sleeve length was 2-3 inches shorter and the fit itself was tighter compared to today's standards.

The GN'R seal was always printed in gold until the greatest hits album was released in 2004. My guess is that this shirt was made sometime after
Reply to topic

Jump to: