SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
What games are you currently playing?

Reply to topic
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jul 31 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Decided to pre-order Street Fighter V, it turns out I did so two hours too late...

Fucking Capcom. You were allowed into the beta as a pre-order bonus and then they put the servers offline indefinitely because they felt it "Wasn't ready yet for the public beta". Okay, pretty surely Street Fighter fans like myself could give less of a fuck and play it anyways no matter how broken it is...

I reverted back to SFIV and my girlfriend decided to play me. She had never played any Street Fighter what so ever before and quickly got frustrated. Me having played with some pretty high level players in my youth (like the founders of shoryuken.com at Sunnyvale Golfland for hours a day) I sort of had an advantage; but God bless her soul, she spent hours just learning out to properly pull off a Dragon Punch in training mode. =)

Also decided to buy Splatoon and have to admit it's pretty fun. My girlfriend loves it.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 05 2015 03:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
Also decided to buy Splatoon and have to admit it's pretty fun. My girlfriend loves it.

is it? ive been watching a lot of videos online & it does look fun. my girlfriends nephew has been begging me to get it recently. ive been holding off cuz hes been acting like a brat lately so im just forcing him to wait haha.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Aug 06 2015 01:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Probable Muppet wrote:

is it? ive been watching a lot of videos online & it does look fun. my girlfriends nephew has been begging me to get it recently. ive been holding off cuz hes been acting like a brat lately so im just forcing him to wait haha.

Yeah it is pretty addictive and light hearted. It's basically a first person shooter for people that don't want to deal with the Counter Strike/Call of Duty/Halo ect. assholes that make up those communities. It has very creative mechanics and it's just one of those games you can pick up and play for a few minutes and have fun with or play for hours and not get annoyed with.
slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Sep 09 2015 02:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Been playing Zelda Goddess of Wisdom and Tales of Phantasia on SNES.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Sep 11 2015 03:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Super Mario Maker, second game I have gotten early from Amazon. Got Mteal Gear V early and
now this.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 11 2015 09:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Still on the first disc of Legend of Dragoon.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Sep 11 2015 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just started MGS V. I'm liking it so far, still has that classic MGS feel, but so far Keifer Sutherland really hasn't said all that much and I'm about two hours in. He doesn't feel as charismatic as David Hayter, but the game just started and he might surprise me.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Sep 11 2015 06:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:

Finished LoD for the first time last year. The final boss took over an hour to beat.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 11 2015 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SSNintendo wrote:
Valdronius wrote:

Finished LoD for the first time last year. The final boss took over an hour to beat.

I've never played it before either. Picked it up last summer at a garage sale for $10 or something. Now I just need to find a copy of Xenogears and Valkyrie Chronicles in the same fashion.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 15 2015 01:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Got back into Super Mario 3D Land, rolling through the special worlds. Pretty enjoyable so far, though the Tanooki powerup is definitely broken as far as the challenge goes.

Also, finally got around to the Plague of Shadows DLC in Shovel Knight, which allows you to play as Plague Knight. I'm falling in love with the game all over again.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 15 2015 05:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to like the Plague of Shadows DLC but I just don't find Plague Knight to be fun to play as. Glad it was free.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Preng
PostPosted: Nov 15 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

The whole "hold the attack button to charge a jump" thing is admittedly odd. Though I'm quickly getting used to it. Though I keep wanting to shovel-jump on enemies!
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Nov 15 2015 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I find moving around that way a chore. Maybe I'm just more out of practice as I think but I am dying far more often missing jumps with such an unintuitive method.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Preng
PostPosted: Nov 16 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

One of the upgrades you can buy early on slows your decent immensely (think the Dixie Kong helicopter spin), and I've been using that as training wheels.

I haven't formally tested it but I think that Plague Knight takes way more knockback that Shovel Knight on hit. It's felt like enough to mean the difference of falling into a pit or not. Several of Plague Knight's weapons and magic have ridiculous range or area-of-effect; and very early you can acquire a method of absorbing health from enemies. So I think this was the developers' way of trying to balance stuff out.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Nov 16 2015 07:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just got Star Wars: Battlefront, pretty good looking/fun game.

Still need to get through Halo 5, Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Starcraft 2 and a bunch of other games but have no time. Should probably stop buying games that I only play for a few hours before the next one comes out but that just isn't going to happen.
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Nov 19 2015 09:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody on Fallout 4? Christ.

I'm playing on low quality, but it's engaging so far. The stories you find on computers are the best part for me, as usual.. The intro is pretty good too, but it's so abrupt. Maybe that's part of the hook.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 19 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been all about that Yoshi's Woolly World of late. Not sure I have a better word to describe that game with than "delightful."
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Nov 20 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

The thing I like most about Woolly World is that Nintendo went all the way with the premise. Even the "TM" sign on the logo is sewn into a fabric tag.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Jaks
Title: A very confused person
PostPosted: Nov 22 2015 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Splatoon is a lot of fun.

History is made by stupid people,
Clever people wouldn't even try.
If you want a place in the history book,
then do something dumb before you die.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 22 2015 02:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
The thing I like most about Woolly World is that Nintendo went all the way with the premise. Even the "TM" sign on the logo is sewn into a fabric tag.

Agreed. The attention to aesthetics is so spot on throughout.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Dec 04 2015 09:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

still jamming on smash bros for wii u and mario maker too... random games on the 3ds that i have downloaded for the virtual console. loooking forward to the new nintendo ID or whatever they decided to call it

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 12 2015 03:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Currently addicted to Resident Evil: Outbreak and Outbreak: File #2. I've never really understood the hate a lot of people have for these games. I'll also note that one of my biggest complaints about the series as a whole is that most of the games are way too easy, and both games on Very Hard difficulty are easily the hardest the series has ever been, and probably will be.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 12 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Currently addicted to Resident Evil: Outbreak and Outbreak: File #2. I've never really understood the hate a lot of people have for these games. I'll also note that one of my biggest complaints about the series as a whole is that most of the games are way too easy, and both games on Very Hard difficulty are easily the hardest the series has ever been, and probably will be.

You playing co-op or solo?
Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 12 2015 01:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You playing co-op or solo?
It's been my understanding that the servers have been down for years (and I don't have the tech savvy to mess with the newer fan servers), so I'm playing solo.

Cameron
PostPosted: Dec 29 2015 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Someone got me a Microsoft Points card for Christmas, so I got the remastered edition of the REmake (originally for Gamecube, now on 360). Normally I'm pretty skeptical of remasters/re-releases of games in general (I haven't played/owned a lot that I felt like I really needed), but I'm actually impressed with how much better the game looks. I never really noticed until I played the new one, but the original Gamecube version has a lot of noise/fog-like low-resolution problems that made a lot of the details hard to see (or at least it did when I played it on the giant CRT-TV in my mom's living room). The new version looks like a work of art; all of the textures have been revamped, and the lighting actually looks even creepier than before. And since I don't own a Gamecube, I'm just happy to be able to play it again.

Reply to topic

Jump to: