"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Music Artists That Are Unfairly Hated

Reply to topic
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: May 01 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

These are artists that you like but a lot of other people hate.

Lady Gaga immediately comes to mind. I don't get why everyone likes to jump on the "I hate Lady Gaga so much" bandwagon. She makes some great music.

Michael Jackson is another one. People always attack him for allegedly molesting kids. The fact is, none of us know what happened, so we can't truly say he molested them, and he's one of the greatest Pop artists of all time.

Green Day is a great band that gets judged by punks for being Pop-Punk instead of "real" Punk and signing to a major label, when many of the bands they liked, such as The Ramones and The Buzzcocks helped create Pop-Punk, and some of the most respected bands in Punk, like The Stooges The Ramones, The Clash, and The Sex Pistols were all signed to major labels.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

GPFontaine
PostPosted: May 01 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lady Gaga is fucking huge, has tons of fans and makes lots of money. She is an original artist who makes all of her own music and has her own thing going on. I don't particularly like her sound or style, but I can respect her as an artist. I don't think there is enough hate against her to consider her unfairly hated.

Michael Jackson isn't hated as an artist.

Green Day went from disturbed to political. No one gets to make that jump without having a few people that dislike them. Even still, they have retained a large fan base and aren't immensely hated.

Now... lets talk about a band that deserves more hate. Nickelback. Fuck them.

[YT:da9c68441f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ[/YT:da9c68441f]

Patrick Carney wrote:
Rock & roll is dying because people became OK with Nickelback being the biggest band in the world, so they became OK with the idea that the biggest rock band in the world is always going to be shit

HardcoreGamer4Ever
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go to an average YouTube music video and you see a lot of Gaga bashing. There's a shit ton of Lady Gaga hate comments on music videos. There are a lot of people who like to bash her and call her the worst artist ever, when she's far from it. She gets almost as much hate as Justin Bieber. Yeah, she has a lot of fans, but there's also a huge amount of people that hate her.

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Green Day went from writing songs about committing mass genocide (FOD) to bitching about political bombings. That's my gripe with them.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Beach Bum
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing I hate about Lady Gaga is that her songs are fucking catchy as hell. They get stuck in your head and you can't get them to go away. Heard "Bad Romance" on the radio the other day and the whole time I was trying to read a book for my Lit class I kept getting distracted by my brain suddenly bursting into the song. That book was fucking boring as hell though so I really didn't mind much.

As for Green Day I've never been much of a fan. Even less so when they got super political.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:

Laughing

HardcoreGamer4Ever
PostPosted: May 02 2012 09:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
The only thing I hate about Lady Gaga is that her songs are fucking catchy as hell. They get stuck in your head and you can't get them to go away. Heard "Bad Romance" on the radio the other day and the whole time I was trying to read a book for my Lit class I kept getting distracted by my brain suddenly bursting into the song. That book was fucking boring as hell though so I really didn't mind much.

Haha, yeah. Another song that's incredibly catchy is "Paparazzi." Love that song.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: May 02 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen it on these forums, but it seems like it's pretty popular to call The Doors overrated. I can understand that some of their more well-known songs have been played to the ground on radio stations, but overall I think that the group had a lot to offer, and Riders on the Storm always seems to magically appear on my iPod's shuffle whenever I'm out in the rain.

That said, having read most of No One Here Gets Out Alive, I'm not too fond of Jim Morrison on an individual level. The guy certainly seemed to be well-versed in philosophy and abstract thought, but I was not impressed by the drug and alcohol-fueled lifestyle he led.

GPFontaine wrote:
Green Day went from disturbed to political. No one gets to make that jump without having a few people that dislike them. Even still, they have retained a large fan base and aren't immensely hated.

I can't ever say I had ever strongly followed Green Day, even before their increasing orientation towards politics, but this pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

GPFontaine wrote:

Ah, this comic will probably advance your Reddit-approved mindset. If you're still looking to quench your hatred, there's also this somewhat edited video.

In their defense, I have heard many friends argue that their first album was quite respectable.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 02 2012 01:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think what people hate about Lady Gaga is that she's a fucking attention whore. If she just wrote catchy pop songs, people wouldn't bash her. But she takes every single opportunity she can get to dress like a complete doofus and then she runs around screaming "Hey, look at me! I'm a doofus!"

So yeah, of course people hate her.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: May 02 2012 01:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Logan wrote:
Go to an average YouTube music video and you see a ...

Ton of people who bitch about everything.

There is almost no positive feedback on YouTube unless it is a cat video or someone getting hit in the nuts.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 02 2012 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lady Gaga isn't the most hated musician on YouTube. It's Bieber. Go to the comments for any non-Bieber music video and you'll see "SO MUCH BETTER THAN BIEBER" at least once.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:
Green Day went from writing songs about committing mass genocide (FOD) to bitching about political bombings. That's my gripe with them.

YEAH! I hate it when people grow up and mature. Fuck that. Everyone should stay the same vapid person that they are when they're 20.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Beach Bum
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Lady Gaga isn't the most hated musician on YouTube. It's Bieber. Go to the comments for any non-Bieber music video and you'll see "SO MUCH BETTER THAN BIEBER" at least once.

Well at least he is deserving of the hate. He's like the Nickelback of teen pop, no talent at all.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The anti-Bieber stuff seems really weird to me. It's like people are jealous that he's successful and they aren't or something. I've never understood hating a 16 year-old so viciously.

To say he has no talent seems incorrect. Just because we don't like it at all doesn't mean he is untalented. It's such a waste of time and energy to hate someone like Justin Bieber. How does he affect your life at all? Who gives a fuck.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I mean the kid can sing, he's got talent and he has smart parents that know how to market that. None of us are the intended audience for that shit, so it's moot to even bitch about him.

justdrop
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
justdrop wrote:

YEAH! I hate it when people grow up and mature. Fuck that. Everyone should stay the same vapid person that they are when they're 20.

The hypocrisy of their statements is what I was referring to. I didn't expect you to understand that, though.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 02 2012 04:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's pretty obvious Green Day were more or less going with the flow of what was popular to benefit their career, though you can't hold that against them too much. When they were a raw garage punk band, they sang about raw garage punk band things. When they were a top billing pop/rock act, they sang what the masses wanted to hear. Not really a fan of either time period for them to be honest.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: May 02 2012 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:
Klimbatize wrote:
justdrop wrote:

The hypocrisy of their statements is what I was referring to. I didn't expect you to understand that, though.

I understood it perfectly.

I also find it stupid that people hate when others change their opinions about something over time. It's called maturing. I didn't expect you to understand that, though.

justdrop
PostPosted: May 02 2012 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
justdrop wrote:
Klimbatize wrote:
justdrop wrote:

I understood it perfectly.

I also find it stupid that people hate when others change their opinions about something over time. It's called maturing. I didn't expect you to understand that, though.

Yep, because I said I hate them and it's because they matured, not the fact that they didn't give a shit at one point and sent completely different messages to people. Like Josh said, they go with the popular opinion and have shown that they don't really give a shit about music anymore.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 02 2012 05:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You two should just fuck and get it over with.

justdrop
PostPosted: May 02 2012 05:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I only have eyes for you sweetheart

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: May 02 2012 06:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Green Day got political because it's what the masses wanted? Haha, if you say so.

My point, based on the original comment, was that having a "gripe" with a band because stuff they wrote almost 20 years ago contradicts their message now sounds close-minded and ridiculous. Expecting people to hold true to the ideals they had at 20 is just plain dumb, and quite frankly...is not unexpected from justdrop, actually.
JoshWoodzy wrote:
You two should just fuck and get it over with.

I think it's illegal to fuck a mentally-handicapped person; it falls along the lines of statutory rape. Then again, this is Vegas...

justdrop
PostPosted: May 02 2012 07:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go cry about it in a subforum I don't have access to

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: May 02 2012 07:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:
Go cry about it in a subforum I don't have access to

One of those exists? I must join.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: May 02 2012 07:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of the Bieber comments on youtube, another type of comment I see everywhere is driving me fucking nuts. It seems like every song on youtube from the 80s and below have these types of comments that are always at the top.

It's guaranteed. I just looked up the first 80s song that came into my head and sure enough it had those comments. I guess kids today are a bunch of kiss asses. Sure, their music sucks ass but the least they could do is own up to it.

Also, I see Beiber hate everywhere too but the fact of the matter is, I've never heard a single song from this twat so I don't know what there is to bitch about. Where are you guys hearing him? I don't hear him on the radio for sure. Maybe you guys are too old for the Disney Channel.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Reply to topic

Jump to: