SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wrongful Hype

Reply to topic
Vert1
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ever read a review by someone who hypes a track up sooooo much that you get the album greatly anticipating said track only to find out it isn't good? This has happened to me again. The track that was supposed to be really good? 'Blue Amy' by DJ Sharpnel. Finally bought the Mad Breaks cd from someone online. And what's this?Don't really care for this track outside one special moment in it. Singing at such high bpms is fucking stupid. Drop a sample then hit with high bpms.

The biggest offender is the Eurotrash album by Zeromancer. I see too many idiots hyping 'Send Me An Angel', so when I got the cd for free (Borders 7 day shipping or it's free) I was anxiously waiting for this "killer track". After I listened to track 7 I was like there is no way anything can top this. Is this the track? Nope. Track 8 is 'Send Me An Angel'. That track is the second worse track on the album. Hilarious.

Anyhow post away.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 09:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Every track by MIA. My friends constantly said, "Oh, you have to listen to her, she's so original and great." Yes, so original she sampled Straight to Hell by the Clash. I can taste it, oozing out of the speakers, the originality. Her voice irritates the shit out of me.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 24 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
Every track by MIA. My friends constantly said, "Oh, you have to listen to her, she's so original and great." Yes, so original she sampled Straight to Hell by the Clash. I can taste it, oozing out of the speakers, the originality. Her voice irritates the shit out of me.

Have you heard anything else by her? I love all three of M.I.A.'s albums but I've always kind of thought "Paper Planes" was a boring song. None of the other songs on the album sound like it, if it's any consolation.

And when I was younger and I had dial-up/didn't have access to things like Youtube, I had no way of previewing an album and had to go off word of mouth, so this kind of thing would happen a lot. Example: I remember reading a rave review of Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Arcadium, then when I listened to it a few times I couldn't really get anything from it other than boredom. Also, I refused to listen to anything off Pearl Jam's newest album, Backspacer, before it came out, and it kind of ended up feeling over-hyped for me, especially considering how brief and unsatisfying the album seems, to me.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 25 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have Kala burned and got sent a few songs from Arular as mp3s; none of it appealed to me, but I'd say Paper Planes was definitely the "most hyped" track from Kala. I would rather listen to Stadium Arcadium (which was, to me at least, pretty much "Oh, wow, this sounds like every other RHCP song ever" on every track). To illustrate further, when I went to go see them and the Mars Volta play a few years back, I left after Mars Volta performed. Felt like the ticket price was still worth it.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Reply to topic

Jump to: