"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Boys

Reply to topic
Rake
Title: Guitarrorist
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 03:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else uncovered this gem of a series?

I dont think the term Anti-hero has ever been so carnally interpreted. I mean this is literally a group of cunts (<--you'll understand what I did there after you read your very first page) who "manage" the superheros or "Supes". Who watch the watchmen. The Supes, whose powers and major corporate backing basically grant them the status of societies untouchables accordingly go about doing whatever (and whoever) they want, and fuck anyone who gets in thier way. All except The Boys.

Originally taken on by DC, they moved to Dynamite after DC said they were pushing it too far. Heh, I guess I can understand that, since we are talking about chicks having to take super-crack to be able to stand up to Supe sex without getting holes blown through them by superhero ejaculate. We're talking beatings so severe eyes are popping out, faces are being torn off to reveal bewildered skeletons and hamsters are being rescued from anuses. We're talking Russian midget nympho gang leader chicks being blown up by thier dildos here man..

In short, you need to read The Boys.

Top 3 bands of the week

Rake
Title: Guitarrorist
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 03:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

A preview.

While this version is not in english, it translates to

"You fuckin' BURN ME?.. You fuckin' burn me with your electric fuckin' WANKING THUMB!?"

..while the offending and 'forementioned digits are enthusiastically re-purposed.

Top 3 bands of the week

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 05:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a huge Ennis fan, so I'm current on The Boys up through The Big Ride, but I haven't read further than that. It's definitely more graphic than even Preacher was, but I think he pulls it off without it devolving into just gorn; can't say the same for Crossed, even if it was a really good comic.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jun 13 2012 02:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love The Boys. It's stupid and crass, but there's just something I like about it enough to keep going. Maybe it's because it portrays superheroes as a lot of them would be (Imagine Charlie Sheen if he could rip people in half), instead of as pious do-gooders or extravagant supervillains. I'm glad I caught the series pretty late, as a lot of the early stuff wanks around, but the last several issues have been great, and have had me eagerly anticipating each issue.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Jun 26 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, I haven't seen this but it looks pretty cool. I might have to look it up later

dddddddd
PostPosted: Sep 16 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

i read a few issues and thought it was ok i did get a kick out of the super hero league initiation process and i thought this comic was canceled
Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 16 2012 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've missed the last issue or two, but it's getting close to a finale.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Liza2
Title: a
PostPosted: Jun 07 2013 02:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed the post, you have a nice site. In my free time, i am always search like this useful sites on net. I found your post, that was very great to visit. Thanks for the information. Keep update like these information in this forum.
Reply to topic

Jump to: