SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
A much less stupid best albums of the 90's list.

Reply to topic
Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Mar 05 2012 08:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Streets is a very good album. I would consider it similar to Dead Winter Dead as they are both concept albums, although it is slightly heavily. It is way better than Dungeons are calling, a little better than Poets and Madmen, a little better than Mountain King, and as I said before, on par with Dead With Winter. But I am a huge Savatage fan, and I absolutely love every album from Mountain King up through Poets. You know it's funny that you mention Testament but you don't own Handful of Rain, the Savatage album that Alex Skolnick played on.

That's because I never saw any of the albums between Mountain King and Dead Winter Dead on the shelves when I was looking to buy Savatage (a decade ago). Which is why I haven't heard Streets, either. Sad And, I like Savatage, but I was never a big enough fan to actually want to know anything about them and their lineup (if that makes sense Laughing ) so I wouldn't have known Skolnick played on it anyway. Unless it was on the packaging....I'd probably know then.

Syd Lexia wrote:
Going back to Alex Skolnick, I'd pick The Ritual over Low for best 90s Testament album.

It was pretty much a toss up but, at this point in time, I think Low is marginally better. Either one is good, though. Smile

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

JRA
PostPosted: Mar 13 2012 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sepultura's Roots and everything after it can die anally bleeding in a fire. Fuck that groove monkey bullshit. If any Sepultura album would make that list it would be Arise.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Reply to topic

Jump to: