JRA
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

10. the Iron Man match at WM12
9. vs. Chris Benoit vs. HHH at WM XX
8. vs. Chris Jericho at WM19
7. Ric Flair's retirement match at WM24
6. Undertaker vs. HBK I at WM25
5. vs. Kurt Angle at WM21
4. vs. Chris Jericho at No Mercy 2008 (Ladder Match)
3. Razor Ramon Ladder Match at WMX
2. Undertaker vs. HBK II at WM26
1. vs. Undertaker at Bad Blood 97 Hell in a Cell

talk shop.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 02:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

My top isn't even on the list. Vs. HHH at Survivor Series 2002. My single favorite wrestling match of all time.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You need one of his matches with Hart on there, as Hart was arguably his career defining rival.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
You need one of his matches with Hart on there, as Hart was arguably his career defining rival.

The Iron Man match at #10?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 01:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My bad. It was the only one you didn't list an opponent for, and I was looking specifically at names.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I distinctly remember the USA vs. Canada match where Sean Michaels and I believe DX fought Hart, Vader and someone else in Canada and won. So many boos. Also the last time I ever watched wrestling.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

JRA
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

justdrop wrote:
I distinctly remember the USA vs. Canada match where Sean Michaels and I believe DX fought Hart, Vader and someone else in Canada and won. So many boos. Also the last time I ever watched wrestling.

Wow. Laughing

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why Vader? Vader's not even Canadian. Why wouldn't it have been members of the Hart Foundation?
JRA
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 04:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Because Vince Russo thinks if you want lucha libre go to Japan?

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Jan 24 2012 04:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Why Vader? Vader's not even Canadian. Why wouldn't it have been members of the Hart Foundation?

At the time I think they were aligned against America. If I remember right, Triple H was the third party in the Canada group just before joining DX.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Jan 25 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

No WM14? And is it just me or was the ladder match at Summer Slam slightly better than the one at WM10?
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 25 2012 04:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
No WM14? And is it just me or was the ladder match at Summer Slam slightly better than the one at WM10?

I wouldn't count that as one of his greatest matches, wrestling-wise. For him personally yes, because he fucking wrestled a WM main event with two slipped discs and that is beyond hardcore (I still have trouble watching him do the elbow drop in that one , knowing how much that must have hurt), but because of that injury, I don't think it can be put on the level of any of the other matches mentioned here.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JRA
PostPosted: Jan 25 2012 06:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
No WM14?

I almost put that one there, but to be honest it doesn't really hold up under "excellent." It was definitely a top 10 moment for Austin but not so much Michaels.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
PostPosted: Jan 25 2012 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
No WM14?

I almost put that one there, but to be honest it doesn't really hold up under "excellent." It was definitely a top 10 moment for Austin but not so much Michaels.

For the story it was one of the best. It was the Hogan vs Savage of the attitude era.
JRA
PostPosted: Jan 25 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
JRA wrote:
Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
No WM14?

For the story it was one of the best. It was the Hogan vs Savage of the attitude era.

Um...not really?

Bob Dylan`s Blues
PostPosted: Jan 26 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
JRA wrote:
Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
No WM14?

Um...not really?

Maybe not as big but from what I remember (although I was only a kid at the time, so my memory might be fuzzy) it was still pretty big, what with the buildup and Tyson being involved. I think it was featured in national news programs, too.

That was actually the only WWE PPV I watched from that time. I was hardcore WCW.
Reply to topic

Jump to: