"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I found out my uncle is a cartoonist/writer

Reply to topic
Crazy_Bastard
Title: CeeBee
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, during my stay in California, I found out my uncle, Mike Diederich, is a cartoonist. His filmography is found here. Kind of amazes me that I'm related to a guy who worked on character and storyboard art for Johnny Bravo, The Real Ghost Busters, Captain N: The Game Master, and others.
AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Jul 19 2011 03:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm gonna assume he must've been a distant relative because HOLY SHIT I'm amazed you just found out based on his filmography.

I mean, look at that list! Unless you fast forwarded every single end credits for 20 years, there's no way you couldn't at least grew curious of the name.

Man, I gotta admit I'm kinda jelaous... Would he mind looking at portfolios by any chance? <:3
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 19 2011 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't know how you didn't know this. Your parents were never like "Oh by the way, my brother is a famous cartoonist/writer." Do you actually know him or is he a distant relative?

Crazy_Bastard
Title: CeeBee
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

No, I didn't find out by looking at his filmography. I've been in California for about a week now, seeing all my family out here, and my grandmother mentioned it in passing. I have around nine or ten aunts and uncles, and I only see a couple of them on a regular basis Razz

I met him once long ago, I'm not entirely sure why my mother never mentioned it. Not exactly a distant relative, just one I rarely ever see.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody mentioned to you that your Uncle won an emmy? Or nominated for another one just recently? You have a shitty family news feed.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
Nobody mentioned to you that your Uncle won an emmy? Or nominated for another one just recently? You have a shitty family news feed.

LOL.

But that's very interesting... Is it possible he didn't want people to know, maybe for obscurity or privacy reasons? I don't know, I'm not smart in stuff like this.

But still. That's pretty cool. The best I can say of my extended family is that my uncle works as a nuclear physicist for the government, in that he makes models of nuclear catastrophies (he worked on Chernoble, I think) and that gives people an idea of where to go to avoid radiation poisoning and whatnot. Nothing like a cartoonist, which is obviously the better career. Laughing

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 01:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. Is he still alive? So could you get to see him and talk to him a bit about his work? That must be really interesting.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Reply to topic

Jump to: