[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
HARRY FUCKING POTTER 7.2

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Flaming Schnitzel wrote:
Alan Rickman may be one of the best actors ever....I wish he got more credit than "Oh that one guy who played Snape :O"

Oh he does. He's been in quite a few great movies. Most people just know him by face (or voice) and not by name.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

The Flaming Schnitzel
Title: Tsar of all Russias
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 05:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Alan Rickman may be one of the best actors ever....I wish he got more credit than "Oh that one guy who played Snape :O"

Oh he does. He's been in quite a few great movies. Most people just know him by face (or voice) and not by name.

All I'm saying is that he is an underappreciated genius.

Image Image Image

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 07:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:

All I'm saying is that he is an underappreciated genius.

Actually, I'd say more adults recognize him as Hans Gruber, the bad guy from Die Hard, Metatron from Dogma, Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves or Alexander Dane from Galaxy Quest.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I liked Alan Rickman in Galaxy Quest. D:

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Hey, I liked Alan Rickman in Galaxy Quest. D:

This will always be my favorite role he's done. I love his serious acting, but by GOD can that man do a farce. "I played Richard III..." Classic. Laughing

That said, I adore his Sheriff of Nottingham if only because of its batshit insanity. (Course if I had my role chopped into tiny bits thanks to the ego of a non-talent like Kevin Costner, I'd go into "not giving a fuck" mode as well. In fact, I think it makes both him and the performance all the more awesome.)

militarysignatures.com

Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Jul 17 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love Rickman as the villain in Quigley Down Under. Magnificent.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

The Flaming Schnitzel
Title: Tsar of all Russias
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 01:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

He also proved he can sing with his role in Sweeney Todd. Very Happy

Image Image Image

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 08:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it last night.

A few notes.

1. I hate the fucking movie theaters. I can't stand people chomping on food as loud as possible while I want to watch a movie. I especially can't stand it when they time their chomping and slurping along with the quiet whisper portions of the most intense portions of films. Also, talking during a movie for any reason other than an emergency should be a crime punishable by public lashing.

2. The movie itself was the only Harry Potter film to take place in a short durration of time. Every other one took place over a period of about 8-9 months. This one lasted for about two days. This single fact made it a very different feeling as far as movie length. I personally felt that the movie was about 20-30 minutes too long...

3. 3D will fucking ruin everything. Why did I think the movie was 20-30 minutes too long? Because there were scenes like the Gringotts roller coaster. That could have been a 2 second scene, yet they had to show it for several minutes... I have to imagine if I were in the 3D version of the film, it would have been a very specifically designed 3D scene. In the 2D portion, it was just added length.

4. Cast a few cases of poor directing...
[SPOILER:afdf15ab99]The part where Molly kills Bellatrix was ridiculous. They showed the battle between Bellatrix and Hermione, Luna, and Ginny for only a brief moment and then Molly called her a bitch and it was done. I'm not saying that the book has to be exactly like the movie, but I read it as a moment of absolute rage an anger that Molly had when Ginny was almost murdered. Not a comical floppy wristed "you bitch".[/SPOILER:afdf15ab99]

I know that this movie was supposed to be the action packed ending to a slower Part 1, and it wasn't a bad movie. I did enjoy it outside of the above complaints. If you have watched all the movies thus far, you need to see it. If not, then wait until it comes out on DVD.

Atma
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed it.

Something that PISSES me off that GP didn't mention about movie going folk:

I had this chick somewhere in her 20's sitting next to me, and she felt the need to Clap her ass off everytime something "good" happened in the battle. I literally had to lean over and basically tell her to shut the fuck up.

I could understand it if she was a Highschool or below losing her mind, but it's a damn grown ass woman. There is no damn need to clap every time something good happens to the cast. We get it, and you ruin my experience.

This is one of the reasons I dodge the movies at the Theater as often as possible. I fucking hate dealing with the people.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
I enjoyed it.

I had this chick somewhere in her 20's sitting next to me, and she felt the need to Clap her ass off everytime something "good" happened in the battle. I literally had to lean over and basically tell her to shut the fuck up.

I could understand it if she was a Highschool or below losing her mind, but it's a damn grown ass woman. There is no damn need to clap every time something good happens to the cast. We get it, and you ruin my experience.

This is one of the reasons I dodge the movies at the Theater as often as possible. I fucking hate dealing with the people.

The thing is, I want to enjoy the experience, and I want others to as well, but everyone should just agree that when the lights go down in a theater, it is time to be quiet. Involuntary screaming or laughing is acceptable, but no words or voluntary gestures.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the movie, but I thought the first part was better. This was basically all action and no plot. Also, I saw it in 3D because that's what I could get a ticket to when I showed up 30 minutes before it started, and the 3D added absolutely nothing. It was really good 3D and wasn't distracting at all, but it wasn't worth paying an extra $4 per ticket for.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 01:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
Atma wrote:
I enjoyed it.

The thing is, I want to enjoy the experience, and I want others to as well, but everyone should just agree that when the lights go down in a theater, it is time to be quiet. Involuntary screaming or laughing is acceptable, but no words or voluntary gestures.

Oh god yes. We had this in my theatre too and it drove me INSANE.

Course I should talk. When Aragorn decapitated Lurtz, I cheered like a dumbass too. (Also when Gandalf showed up at Helm's Deep, but I don't feel bad about cheering for that one--after all that buildup, the movie EARNED it.)

militarysignatures.com

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 02:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:

This is why I always go to movies as late in their showings as I dare, to weed out most of the jackasses. The downside is that there are some people who think a near-empty theater is a license to talk at full volume the whole movie. Evil

Atma wrote:
I had this chick somewhere in her 20's ...but it's a damn grown ass woman.

These days, people don't seem to 'grow up' until they reach thirty...if even then.
Especially girls. At college I spent my days wanting to scream "You aren't twelve anymore! Stop the fucking tittering and giggling like a retard!"
....like nails on a chalkboard... Evil

also, this:
Atma
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Etch wrote:
This is why I always go to movies as late in their showings as I dare, to weed out most of the jackasses. The downside is that there are some people who think a near-empty theater is a license to talk at full volume the whole movie. Evil

We went at 2pm on a Sunday. I figured we'd be ok.

Nope. Theater was PACKED.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 06:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

you guys must live in small towns, cuz i never have to deal w/packed theaters down here in phoenix. downtown theater is mostly empty. the harkins by my house is about half full some days, but nothing packed.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jul 18 2011 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, I liked it, but I think they could have done some things (particularly the final confrontation) better. I agree with Jeebus, it was pretty much all action and no plot.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Jul 19 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

I gonna watch it when it is aired on tv maybe. The movies aren't to bad.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

Atma
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
you guys must live in small towns, cuz i never have to deal w/packed theaters down here in phoenix. downtown theater is mostly empty. the harkins by my house is about half full some days, but nothing packed.

Pretty small town of 1,394,842 as of 2011.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
username wrote:

Eh. 2,160.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jul 20 2011 04:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally saw it!

Ithought it was amazing Very Happy They actually really did justice to the books this time. No willy nilly time setting things, just jumped right into the action. I was very happy with this! Very Happy

They went out the way they should have. I'm not disappointed at all.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 21 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
username wrote:

Mine is only 120,000... Smile

And there are only 7 theaters, and two of those are dollar theaters. There is stage theater that sometimes plays movies, but I don't count that one, because the movies shown are all over the place from brand new to old black-and-white movies (always romance, too Sadly no never action, comedy or horror).

And new movies only play at one particular theater, so everybody has to go to that one if they want to see the movie. Crowds usually thin out mid-second week.

I think it's a fair trade off to having to live around a million jackasses cramming themselves into a tiny city. Razz
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jul 21 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

This was by far the most awkward part of the movie:

[SPOILER:d3e7248537][/SPOILER:d3e7248537]

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 09:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I came out of this movie with some questions (SPOILERS BELOW).

-How did Nigel get the sword? All I remember is the goblin takes it... then he dies and it dissolves... then Nigel pulls it out of a bag and kills the snake. Did I miss something?

-Somehow I got it in my head that only Harry could destroy the Horcruxes but that's obviously wrong. So if anyone can destroy a horcrux and they make Voldemort incrementally weaker... then why didn't the powerful, good wizards just destroy them? Harry Potter should've been more of a secondary character. It should've went something like this:

(Harry is speaking to the head wizards)
Harry: I can see the Horcruxes. They're here, here, here and here. My friends and I want to go destroy them to stop Voldemort.
Wizards: Haha! No way! The fate of the world is at stake. If you kids went it would be a wild and dangerous adventure with a slim chance of success. We'll go instead... because we'd be fucking assholes to risk your lives, and the lives of everyone else on earth, on something that would be so incredibly easy for us.
(The wizards return about an hour later)
Wizards: Harry! I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that we've destroyed the horcruxes. They had some moderate protection which would have been a challenge for you and your friends... but it was really easy for us. The bad news is... you're the last horcrux. Sorry.
(ZAP!)
Good guys win.

And Alan Rickman is awesome!
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 29 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess I don't need to read any of these books or watch anymore of these movies, I think I have it all figured out now. Thanks!

Reply to topic

Jump to: