"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Post Secret: Frank Warren appearance

Reply to topic
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Jan 13 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not familiar with the Post Secret books or the site that spawned the books, people anonymously mail in their secrets on postcards and a different group of them is posted each week on this website.

Frank Warren is the one who started it, and I went to his appearance at a local bookstore yesterday. As much as I've like that site, I admit that I felt pretty uneasy about a guy who was making money off of a load of strangers' secrets.

Tons of people showed up, and it was a really different crowd. Maybe I was just surprised to see it wasn't all just dorks and goth girls. There certainly were a fair share of dorks and goths, but mostly just every day normal folks. I was surpsrised to see some tough looking thug guys there though.

Frank talked about how the project has affected his life and the lives of others, shared some cards he'd never put on the site, and took questions. If you read the first PS, there's a card in there about a kid whose friends were convinced by a bully to hold him down and spit in his eyes; Frank admitted that this was actually his secret and the most humiliating day of his life. I had no idea when I read it and I was shocked to hear it.

All in all, Frank seemed like a genuinely cool guy, who was more intent to talk about his experiences than do a simple signing. I did get mine signed though. Wink
Reply to topic

Jump to: