SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Steve Alten: Meg

Reply to topic
Vovad
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

So i'm new to the forums and I thought I'd introduce everyone to this audiobook I'm listening to, but first some background info for those unfamiliar with awesome prehistoric creatures.

A couple years ago I acquired an obsession for Carcharodon Megalodon (the greatest predator in the history of the OCEAN). Great white sharks were my favorite animal, then i found out there were prehistoric 45~ foot ones that raped everything for like 25 million years... so my interests shifted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon

Anyways sometime last year I stumbled upon this book and never wanted to read anything so bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meg:_A_Novel_of_Deep_Terror

Unfortunately I was too lazy to go buy a book, and they didn't have it at my library, so I put it off for a while, but recently I found it online as an audiobook (pm me if interested). Office "work" has never been so entertaining.

it reads like a bad ass action movie, complete with one liners. I feel like I'm listening to the script of a steven seagall movie, I'm waiting for the protagonist to dive in and break the sharks neck with his bare hands.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, you got the audiobook! I had to slog through the pages!

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Vovad
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

did you like it? I'm loving the audiobook it comes complete with awesome shark suspense noises like the movie Jaws

granted im a huge fan of shameless action and one liners
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

See, I had to make the noises myself. In all, it was a pretty solid read, a little simple but still enjoyable. I think we still have it somewhere amidst all the Stephen King paperbacks and D&D books on our shelves.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Meg but Alten's other books were a lot better in my opinion. Grim Reaper: End of Days was the most recent I've read and it was excellent. Domain is probably my favorite of his though, that book was just super.
Vovad
PostPosted: Apr 26 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i just chose meg because well like i said, i love megalodons and this seemed to be the only decent book about them =p

i agree its definitely an easy read, that is why i compared it to the likes of steven seagall xD

I plan to read his other books, sci-fi thrillers are my thing and im running out of crichton books
Reply to topic

Jump to: