[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Doctor Who Season 6

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 28 2011 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

A 2 minute starter for the new season, "The Impossible Astronaut"

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Mar 29 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
A 2 minute starter for the new season, "The Impossible Astronaut"

...RICHARD NIXON!?!?

Holy crap, they're actually gonna attempt the Watergate Scandal!
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Apr 27 2011 03:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

The premiere of the sixth season of the show – which features Matt Smith, who plays the titular Time Lord, and Karen Gillan as his assistant – beat previous BBC America ratings records for the first episode of the fifth series last year.

Stuart Milligan and Mark Sheppard guest starred in the two-part episode, entitled The Impossible Astronaut, which was partly filmed in America.

But the high US ratings were not reflected in the UK, as 6.5 million watched the BBC1 sci-fi drama, down by 17 per cent compared to the first episode of series five.

The episode features The Silence, one of the show's deadliest-ever enemies, according to the Time Lord.

He said: 'I think they're very scary. With anything in 'Doctor Who' it tends to be the sum of its parts, on this one I think the idea behind them is particularly clever and they're realised very well, so physically they're brilliant. Hats off to all the design team and the production team for making it happen.'

So almost 1 in 5 British Whovians skipped out on the new season. What gives?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 04 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently Christopher Eccleston (#9) has no plans to return for the 50th anniversary show, stating "Never bathe in the same river twice."

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 05 2011 04:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, they'll talk Eccleson into it. There's repeating yourself, and then there's the 50th anniversary of frigging Doctor Who. When you're one of the Doctors, you'd BETTER be there.

Also, loving the new season so far in spite of being quite confused at least 50% of the time. (I'm watching the Eccleson series on Netflix when I have time too--so parallel viewing. Between the two, I'm slowly starting to figure out who the Doctor is and what he does.) The Silence absolutely scare the shit out of me--I almost lost it during the scene in the orphanage, when Lucy (that's her name right?) stumbles into their nest. *SHUDDER*

Most anticipated ever: NEIL GAIMAN's EPISODE! Two more weeks! Very Happy He's a huge Who fan and a phenomenal writer, so I can't wait to see what he came up with. Apparently the Doctor has a wife...

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 05 2011 06:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hawk, I wasn't sure if you watched this or not. I'm sure they can find some way to persuade Destro to show up. The companion's name is Amy (Amelia) Pond. But I will agree with you that moment in the orphanarium when The Silence is roosting like bats creeped me out as well. And yes, River Song is the Doctor's Wife (you're going to enjoy the 5th season).

"That's really it? Really? 'Out of sight, out of mind' and force lightning? Wow." -my thoughts on explaining The Silence

leegrace
PostPosted: May 06 2011 06:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have watched premiere episode and enjoyed it. The second episode was also good. Now waiting for episode 3 to air, which is gonna air today, Looking for some predcitions about this episode?
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 09 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 14 2011 01:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 25 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 26 2011 05:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Aug 26 2011 06:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

CAN we kill Hitler, Mummy? Oh can we PLEASE?

militarysignatures.com

JimmyLazer
Title: Always bored
PostPosted: Aug 27 2011 05:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TODAY! Yes... I heard it was good, but a bit disjointed... Oh Moffat.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 27 2011 07:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am excited about this, as my cable provider just got BBC America like two days ago and now I will be able to watch Doctor Who again.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 27 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

atomjacked wrote:
I am excited about this, as my cable provider just got BBC America like two days ago and now I will be able to watch Doctor Who again.

Also give a look into Top Gear and I think they still show Being Human.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Aug 28 2011 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was amazing.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

ImageImage

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's awesome if intentional. Knowing the people who do who, it is.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Sep 04 2011 03:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my gosh I loved this episode. The Doctor and the little boy were so cute. And holy Crapdid Matt Smith have some great lines. "See these eyes? They're old eyes and they have seen a lot. And one thing they can tell you for sure is that monsters are real." The idea that the Doctor would cross time and space for one little boy is the reason I love him more than almost any character out there.

militarysignatures.com

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Sep 04 2011 05:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Oh my gosh I loved this episode. The Doctor and the little boy were so cute. And holy Crapdid Matt Smith have some great lines. "See these eyes? They're old eyes and they have seen a lot. And one thing they can tell you for sure is that monsters are real." The idea that the Doctor would cross time and space for one little boy is the reason I love him more than almost any character out there.

"Never interfere in the affairs of other planets, unless there's children crying."
Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Sep 07 2011 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes with this Doctor.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 24 2011 08:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

From sfx.co.uk:

It may be a mere slip of the tongue, or just a bit of speculation, but the idea of moving on is clearly on [Smith's] mind

Could we be seeing a new Doctor for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary? Although it’s dangerous to read too much into these things, Doctor Who News has discovered a interview that Matt Smith has done with VH1 during his latest visit to the USA . In it he’s asked about his future plans on that side of the Atlantic.

He replies, “Well, hopefully soon, you know. I’ve got another year of Doctor Who, but then I’m certainly going to come and give it a shot – come and hang out in LA… as you say, people like Andy [Garfield] have come over, and he’s a mate of mine. I’m very proud to see him doing Spider-Man, ’cause we did a play together, and, you know, Spider-Man now. It’s incredible. And he’ll be brilliant, he’ll be so brilliant.”

If you take his comments literally, it would seem he is planning on leaving after the next series of Doctor Who. But since no one is yet certain whether Doctor Who series seven will be broadcast entirely in 2012, or whether it will be split over 2012 and 2013 (as many are speculating) it’s unclear whether we’d kick off the 50th anniversary year with a new Doctor, or whether regeneration would form part of the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Who knows, maybe after series seven, Smith’s final run as the Doctor could be in a series of Tennant-style specials for the 50th anniversary and the end of his era in the titles role?

But clearly, his post-Doctor career is something he’s giving serious thought to at the moment.

ChaoticIgnorance
PostPosted: Dec 03 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps having a new doctor would be good for the show (I'm still enjoying it, but a lot of people think it's only been so-so with Smith), however I would like to see a doctor last for longer than three seasons. Didn't a couple last for near seven seasons, back in the day? As much as I love Amy Pond and Rory, I think what we need more than a doctor is a change in companion.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 03 2011 06:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

ChaoticIgnorance wrote:
I would like to see a doctor last for longer than three seasons. Didn't a couple last for near seven seasons, back in the day?

1 movie: #8 Paul McGann
1 year: #9 Christopher Eccleston
2 years: #6 Colin Baker and #7 Sylvester McCoy
3 years: #1 Willam Hartnell, #2 Patrick Troughton, #5 Peter Davison
4 years: #3 Jon Pertwee.
4.5 years: #10 David Tennant

#4 Tom Baker was the only actor to stay for 7 years (74-81).

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor
ChaoticIgnorance
PostPosted: Dec 03 2011 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, we're counting Tennant as 4.5 years? if the .5 is the year when he finished up with the last 4-5 episodes, then where did the other four years come from? He was only in seasons 2,3 and 4 otherwise.
Reply to topic

Jump to: