"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
My First Article On My Newish Website.

Reply to topic
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it took me forever to come up with an idea for my first article, and to be honest, I'm not completely satisfied with it since my writing is not all that great and my review is waaaaay too short, but I am certain my articles will eventually improve. Well, here you go: http://popcultureheaven.webs.com/articles.htm
Again, please tell me what you think and please give me suggestions for improvement.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 06:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That... was short for an article, yeah. It felt more like one of those gamefaqs' short reviews. But then again, for a review to be longer, you would need to either throw in a few jokes and pictures, or do a written LP of sorts.
Even if you choose to go the non-joke way (and, why would you do that jokes are the best Razz ), you should still consider more visual aids, specially if you're gonna focus on how good the game looks, and how stylish the graphics are.
Lastly, you say it's a review, but it feels more like a conversation you would have around the water cooler with someone who has already played the game. You throw a lot of names at the reader without elaborating further, and that will only annoy people who haven't played it.
And double lastly ( Razz ), it takes a while to develop a writing style, so keep at it Smile
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I have to admit my old blog posts that I have on the site from the blog I used to have are far better.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 08:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You should talk more about the differences in gameplay, for starters. Treat the article as if you're explaining the game to people who have never heard of it before. Entice them to want to learn more. Give examples. Throw some pictures in to illustrate what you are trying to explain. Don't be afraid to go in depth.

Good first shot though. Keep at it! I've been looking back at some of my older articles (I've been doing this for a loong time now) and it's always exciting to see how you've improved.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 18 2011 08:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god, I remember the Mortal Kombat song. Thank you for the memories.

Reply to topic

Jump to: