SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Christmas Ornament Showcase

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheDave
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 01:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First off let me say, great website Syd. I really don't remember how I stumbled upon it but reading it at work makes the time fly by.

Now, onto the article, what's really odd is that I have that same ornament that commemorates the baby's first christmas. I was reading through the article and damn, I have most of those same ornaments on the tree right now. (I did, however, miss out on the Star Trek ones just because at that time I was a big Star Wars nerd and we all know you can't like both... That just isn't Canon!)

Also I'd like to know what some other people's weirdest ornaments are? I have a weird little eskimo that is apparently ice fishing which isn't that weird except where his butt is, is a bell. I think one of my grandparents gave me that. Still kinda freaks me out. His butt is a freakin' bell?!?
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have that same Baby's First Christmas too.

Most of my weird ornaments are the ones I made in elementary school. Man, I sucked at arts and crafts back then.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 05:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had the 1980's Baby's first Christmas, the Turtles one, and all of the Star Trek ones - even the Galileo, but I didn't get the original Enterprise when it came out. Those go for $150 on Ebay now. I think I might have gotten it as a present last year, but I haven't bothered getting all of my old ornaments from my parent's house.

And I disagree with Syd, TOS is better than TNG. The latter got me into Trek, but nothing can beat the combo of Kirk & Spock, especially in the movies.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having rewatched a lot of TNG on Spike, there were some unforgivably preachy/cheesy episodes. Like there was one where some alien chick that Riker was banging gave him a VR game and everyone on the enterprise quickly became addicted to it and it was up to Data and Wesley Crusher to save the day. Then there was the one where some ancient artifact starts turning the Enterprise into a magical sun temple.

Till, there were great episodes of both series. However, TOS definitely had the better movies. I mean, Insurrection? What the fuck was that?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite is actually DS9.

Anyway, I had to rush an ornament during my lunch period for math class, and it had to be something math related. I bought a granola bar, and wrapped it inside a notebook cover. I called it a "minus sign".

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 06:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
My favorite is actually DS9.

Anyway, I had to rush an ornament during my lunch period for math class, and it had to be something math related. I bought a granola bar, and wrapped it inside a notebook cover. I called it a "minus sign".

I couldn't stand DS-90210. Too much cheese for me.

That's a fucking hilarious ornament though.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Dec 26 2006 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was worried that it would start to go bad. I hope my math class doesn't smell like shit next week.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: