"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mass Effect 3

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I beat the first one but haven't started on the 2nd yet.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 09:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's a sexy looking trailer. Are these games any good?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the first, not so much the second. Hope the third one is better.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was kind of cold on Mass Effect 1 originally, but I've grown to like it over time. The plot and character interaction seemed to focus on Liara and Shepherd, both of whom had pretty bleh voice actors (except for female Shep, who did an awesome job in both games). The plot was good, the gameplay was fun (if a bit overdependent on random stats and the awful inventory system), and the conversation with Vigil is permanently locked into my "games are art" argument.

Mass Effect 2 was a huge leap forward. The gameplay was more focused and fun, the characters were far more interesting (I want to party with Zaeed, Garrus, and Tali), and the art direction was stunning in many points. The only complaint I had was that it didn't feel as "big" as ME1, relying more on the Diablo-style "towns and dungeons" style of gameplay settings. I still put it in my top 10 games.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't really vouch for Liara's voice in the first game since my main party was male Shepherd (paragon engineer), Garrus and Wrex. When I get a chance at it again, I'm working on a Renegade version of the same character with Ashley and Kaiden.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Spanish Meatloaf
Title: Denim Clad Road Warrior
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What the fuck! When did mass effect 2 come out!
I need to dust off my 360 something fierce.

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Spanish Meatloaf wrote:
What the fuck! When did mass effect 2 come out!
I need to dust off my 360 something fierce.

A year ago.

Also, as a PS3 owner, I am super stoked about this launching on the Playstation and 360.

I am also stoked about ME2 finally coming out for PS3 next month.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Greg the White
PostPosted: Dec 14 2010 07:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I can't really vouch for Liara's voice in the first game since my main party was male Shepherd (paragon engineer), Garrus and Wrex. When I get a chance at it again, I'm working on a Renegade version of the same character with Ashley and Kaiden.

Same, but I had a Tali/Wrex party in ME1 (seriously, with Wrex soaking up damage and Tali wiping out geth/opening lockers, I had a powerful, well-equipped team). Most of the interaction is on the Normandy, but it seemed most character interaction focused between Liara and Shep, while in ME2, Shepherd had unique interactions with each character when it came to romance, friendship, rivalry, working relationship, etc.

InvaderDim
Title: Dispondent Adolescent
PostPosted: Dec 14 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

oh man, I want it bad. I really had a blast with the first game, but the second one totally blew me away

It's not illegal, it might give you some cavities

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Dec 15 2010 04:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

So the second one is pretty good I take it? I was kinda meh about the first one, felt like it had great potential but didn't really pan out.

Also very KOTORish but then again the same crew made it right?

Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Dec 15 2010 05:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Insane deal that everyone with a 360 but doesn't have ME2 should jump on, Amazon is selling it right now for under $11!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1292404654&sr=1-4

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Spanish Meatloaf
Title: Denim Clad Road Warrior
PostPosted: Dec 15 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HOLY FUCK! Getting that!

aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: Dec 16 2010 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There are no words for how stoked I am that this title is finally making its way to the PS3. I'm probably gonna scoop the PS3 ME2 up as soon as it drops. Also very excited for ME3 Very Happy

You and me, Andrew, we're gonna go nuts over ME2 together. Who cares that we're a year late. ;D

天上天下唯我独尊

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 17 2010 08:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

My sympathies to those PS3 owners getting only a crappy motion comic of the first game or something to that effect in lieu of the actual game.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Dec 17 2010 05:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My jealousy to those PS3 owners who get ME2 done with the ME3 engine.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 01:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

So it was leaked and even shortly available on the respective consoles' online shops of some DLC for ME 3 that is pretty cool...and ass that you have to pay for it. On the surface it sounds like I could be whining about DLC, except that this particular DLC includes a new party member [SPOILER:5ff42c0903]whom is a freaking PROTHEAN!!! The most nebulous and interesting race in the entire Mass Effect setting, and they make you pay for something that important to the game world.[/SPOILER:5ff42c0903]

Here's a video mentioning this and how it's forcing the guy to boycott the game for making such an important character to the setting cost extra.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
So it was leaked and even shortly available on the respective consoles' online shops of some DLC for ME 3 that is pretty cool...and ass that you have to pay for it. On the surface it sounds like I could be whining about DLC, except that this particular DLC includes a new party member [SPOILER:90051932fc]whom is a freaking PROTHEAN!!! The most nebulous and interesting race in the entire Mass Effect setting, and they make you pay for something that important to the game world.[/SPOILER:90051932fc]

Here's a video mentioning this and how it's forcing the guy to boycott the game for making such an important character to the setting cost extra.

Oh wow DLC on release.

Bioware are really up for sucking the money out of you.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

EA is publishing it, and it's kind of been their routine to offer free DLC to people who buy the game new. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that's the case here. I don't spurg over DLC like a lot of the dwellers, especially if it's free (then it's just more inconvenient than anything). This is just a case of devs/pubs wanting to get paid for their game, and as long as nobody's really being screwed over, what's the problem?

justdrop
Title: Supreme Overlord
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 01:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
EA is publishing it, and it's kind of been their routine to offer free DLC to people who buy the game new. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that's the case here. I don't spurg over DLC like a lot of the dwellers, especially if it's free (then it's just more inconvenient than anything). This is just a case of devs/pubs wanting to get paid for their game, and as long as nobody's really being screwed over, what's the problem?

Except you didn't watch the video. He says that unless you buy gold edition which costs more anyway and is limited edition then you have to pay $10 for the content which is available at launch.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Then that is stupid.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So basically you buy the more expensive collector's edition where the only real benefit you get is an additional character or you spend 60 bucks and then drop 10 for the additional character, which will actually be cheaper in all likelihood. I find it ridiculous that there is content that is done at launch and not included in the game still, but if you are that desperate for an additional character then 10 bucks isn't a huge deal. Really if you wait long enough they'll probably release a version in a few years with all the DLC included at 30-40 bucks, which is the version I'll be buying.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The DLC content that's available on launch should be that big gay story that fat chick wants to push on all of us. This way we can choose if we want to put up with this leftist agenda and be turned gay.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

justdrop
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You get an art book or something from the collector's edition as well (dunno about you but the only one I've ever wanted was the unavailable to the US Assassin's Creed: Revelations LE which I don't regret not buying because I can't even play online on the version I paid for.)

Look, if a game is worth it to you, cool. 60 bucks is a lot considering most games nowadays have little replayability once you've done everything. I feel the game warrants the initial cost. 10 bucks for content that has already been produced prior to the release of the game is horse shit, and apparently there's another 10 dollar DLC. On GFAQs someone said something about $15/mo or else your game becomes invalid and while I don't believe everything I read I wouldn't put it past EA.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."- Winston Churchill

justdrop
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 04:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
The DLC content that's available on launch should be that big gay story that fat chick wants to push on all of us. This way we can choose if we want to put up with this leftist agenda and be turned gay.

Wasn't that one of those Inquirer stories? "Mass Effect Turned Me Gay"?

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Feb 23 2012 05:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, remember how Sebastian Vael was a Day 1 DLC character for Dragon Age 2 that came free with the Signature Edition?

Hey, remember how you only got Shale, a $15 DLC character, in Dragon Age Origins if you bought it new?

Hey, remember how you only got access to the Cerberus Network DLC ($10 value) if you bought Mass Effect 2 new?

Hey, remember how the Collector's Edition of Mass Effect 3 also has other DLC that isn't available anywhere else, ever, in addition to the premium physical objects?

People need to stop being surprised by this.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: