SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Sydlexia Minecraft Server! (SHITLOAD OF PICS)

Reply to topic
Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Oct 09 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as you may know, Fernin started a private Minecraft creative server. If you don't know what minecraft is... it's basically a huge online game of infinite Legos. At least, that's what creative mode is. Alpha has more structure and shit, but that's not important right now. I took a shitload of pictures of all the cool stuff we built, so this is those.
(If you want to play on our server, either come into the IRC room and ask for the URL, or PM Fern and he'll give it to you. We don't want any random people coming in and breaking shit.)

This is where it all started, the Obsidian Tower. Fern built this as soon as we started playing. Not long after, some modders came in and built a second tower right next to it. It was deleted, but I kept the bridge that went between them since it looked cool. This was the first of 3 major contributions that the modders made before we banned them. Also pictured, Fern's 9 story tower of mazes, with some sprite on it. He says its name is Spiffy. You'll also notice his wonderful attempt at bringing Spiffy into the 3rd dimension. Last thing to note in this picture: a few of my tunnel entrances, those golden things. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

The SkyBridge!!! The modders made it in about 12 seconds, and it really helps with getting around. Looks sick, too.

Just the first house I made. Not sure what the gold shit is.

The Olympic sized pool, and Hack's deformed tower. You may notice something off about his sign. I don't.

CB's Pokeball. He made it hollow, and you can see through the button in the center. Also, a huge fucking cannon I built. And some tunnel entrances.

A better shot of the cannon, plus some dude I made with a sword. and yup, more entrances.

A lavish pink house I made, plus a small tree house in the corner.
Just that bridge from the last shot. NS made it, I think.

Fern and NS being eaten by Jaws! NS made this one.

This is Vald's first Party Sphere. people partied in it, but it was kinda small...

AND SO PARTY SPHERE 2.0 WAS BORN! This pic was taken while still uner construction, it has since been finished.

EDIT:
The 2nd Party Sphere has been finished!

And then we buried Vald's wife.

Windmill? Sure. Fern made it, it sucked, then he remade it and it sucked less.

Huff Caverns. Pretty fucking huge and lavish. Also the victim of some cock graffiti at one point.

This is ManinBlackXIII's cave/house. It has like 4 tunnels in it to other places.

A strange little structure we found, we think Hack built it. There was an H on the top when we found it, but I decided to tag it with a TG, just to assert my dominance a bit.

My huge tree house, and NS's Rubik's Cube. It's hollow, and has a staircase leading inside somewhere.

The inverted glass pyramid! Fern built this, and it marks the center of...

SPRITE VALLEY!!! The Goombahs in the last pic were by Huff.

Mega Man and Wily! I made Mega, NS added Wily on after.

A Zoomer, by Fern. Supposedly some Metroid monster.

The Zelda sprites! Old Man by NS, Triforce by Hack, and Wooden Sword by yours truly.

Mr. Saturn! By our pal Fernin.

A shroom! Hack made it, I think.

And now, a special thanks to the dude who took all thes screenshots (except this one, this was Fern), Aaron Barret!

More pics to come, probably!

Come on down to the server!

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 02:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey that looks pretty cool!

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 05:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

It definitely looks pretty cool.

But what exactly is the point of it?
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 09:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pandajuice wrote:

There is no real point to Minecraft, though everyone pretty much goes bonkers over it.

Imagine being handed an infinite amount of legos, and being told to do whatever the fuck you want with them. But watch out for the zombies. That's the game in a nutshell.
Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 01:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Pandajuice wrote:

There is no real point to Minecraft, though everyone pretty much goes bonkers over it.

Imagine being handed an infinite amount of legos, and being told to do whatever the fuck you want with them. But watch out for the zombies. That's the game in a nutshell.

That's not entirely true, the infinite amount of legos and the zombies don't exist in the same world. Currently, there are two forms of Minecraft, Creative and Survival. Survival is the current alpha form, where you start the game with nothing and have to mine/gather to build tools and collect resources, which you can then use to build what you want while fighting off the creatures which show up at night.

Creative is the very old version of Minecraft (0.30 compared to the current 1.1.2) in which you have no health bar, there is no day/night cycle, and you have infinite resources of most of the game's block types. Both versions are currently just pure sandbox games, there is no plot, no story, and no goal. For Creative, it'll always be like that, since it's just the old version of the game that's kept around for people to do massive projects (like this or this or this) and as a free version for folks to dip their toes in to see what it's about.

Survival is the version that is, as mentioned, in alpha, and is being updated usually on a weekly basis. Currently, though, updates are halted as a huge Halloween update has been planned, adding tons of new stuff to the game. Survival costs 10 euros to buy right now, and the price is doubling to 20 euros when the game reaches beta, but there's currently no planned date for that. If you buy it now, though, Notch, the creator and lone developer of the game up until just recently, promises that you won't have to pay for the game again.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SNESGuy
Title: El Duderino
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 01:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is their any free versions of it?

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 02:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know anything about this, but last night I took a stroll through the server and I have to say a lot of stuff people have built is really fucking cool. It's fun to be able to run around among these huge structures that fellow sydlexians made. The controls are really easy to figure out, and after a while I was exploring and digging out some stuff myself.

That exploring also led to me accidentally flooding LordHuffnPuff's throne room (ToG posted a pic of it in the original post) when I removed a brick that was holding a bunch of water back. OOOPS. It's fixable, I think. Confused

When I left last night AtmanRyu was working on a huge sprite. It was fun checking in on him every few minutes to view his progress. I need to go back tonight and see how it looks now.

I'll definitely be checking it out some more, though I am not artistic and doubt I can match anything these guys are doing.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

SNESGuy
Title: El Duderino
PostPosted: Oct 10 2010 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind im dumb

Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Oct 11 2010 04:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

This looks completely awesome, but it doesn't work on my PS3.Sad

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Fernin
PostPosted: Oct 14 2010 02:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hope nobody here is on dial-up, because it's picture update time!

Hmmm... I wonder whose house this is? (Hint: Read the windows)

The birthday cake Tog made for me, which we then partied inside of. Good times were had by all. ...I'm noticing, we party inside a lot of things, don't we?

A gigantic Canadian flag, made by Vald. Damn good job making the maple leaf, I say.

A creepy thing, made by Vald. The eyes follow you, it's awesome.

A Balloon Fight fish, made by me, seemingly about to chomp on an upside down house, made by Vald. Yay, forced perspective!

Master Higgins, made by Nekkoru. Unfortunately, the top hit the max height limit, so there's one line of pixels missing, but who can tell?

Andrew Man's house, identifiable by the AM, Nekkoru's house, identifiable by the N, and Cam's house, identifiable by the... oh wait, it's hidden. The pink blocks there spell out CAM, and you can go in under the A to enter Cam's house, which is buried in the sand. Also, a lighthouse made by me.

A Klimbatize sprite, made by Klimbatize, and a Boo sprite, made by Andrew Man.

A lifeguard to watch over the pool, made by Vald. No matter where you swim, it can see you. It's watching.

A martini glass, by Crazy Bastard, complete with olive and toothpick.

Vald's evil mountain. While it certainly looks pleasant from the outside, on the inside...

Clearly evil.

A mushroom retainer, by Andrew Man (remember, they weren't called Toads yet at that point), as well as a dragon sprite by AtmanRyu.

RUN! RUN! RUN! (made by me)

A Starman, made by me, a Fire Flower, made by Andrew Man, and the mushroom you already saw up ^ thataway.

Excitebike Guy and a Snifit, made by me, and a Black Mage, made by Nekkoru. Welcome back to Sprite Valley.

Sponge City, created temporarily while clearing out the flood that filled the area in front of Sinistar. Demolished quickly with Aika's help.

Vald's tower, with conveniently marked In and Out doors. Races are held to see who can reach the top of the tower first.

An aerial map of our little world. The skybridge that modder made makes a dandy little grid for us, here's everything that exists topside...

A1: Lighthouse, Andrew's house, Cam's house, Nekko's house, small wooden bridge
A2: Maze Tower, 3D Spiffy
A3: Pool, lifeguard, Hack tower and castle
A4: Tog's small treehouse, Fire Flower, Mushroom, Starman, Triforce
B1: Canadian flag, brick house 1, dong cannon, Pokeball, sword guy
B2: Obsidian tower, martini, MiB tunnels, Fig Newton
B3: Brick house 2, Party Sphere
B4: Lavish house, cake, Old Man, Wooden Sword, Master Higgins, Snifit
C1: NS bridge, Fish
C2: Shark, Party Sphere 2.0
C3: Aika's house, Ryu's sprite
C4: Mushroom Retainer, Zoomer, Mega Man, Dr. Wily, Black Mage, Excitebike Guy
D1: Windmill
D2: Evil Mountain, Half of Sinistar
D3: Half of Sinistar, Tog's large treehouse, Rubik's Cube, Vald Tower
D4: Inverted Pyramid, Hack's Tomb, Goombas, Mr. Saturn, Klimbatize, Boo

As for everything underground... there's too damn many tunnels and caverns to identify who made what anymore, or guess where they are. Definitely worth seeing Tog's gold and silver (...okay, technically iron) cavern and NS' freakin' huuuuuge underwater/underground cave system.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Oct 14 2010 04:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really dig the little map.

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Oct 14 2010 09:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda wish you could take a cross-section, because almost everything I've done is underground.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Oct 14 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, a lot of the coolest is stuff is underground.

Great pics, Fern. And thanks for putting that map together. I like that you can actually tell it says 'A Winner Is You' at the top of the tower maze.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Oct 24 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

So can you walk around, or does the camera fly, or what?

Fernin
PostPosted: Oct 24 2010 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Normally, you can only walk around. Tog, Hacker and I grabbed a special fan-made client called World of Minecraft, which allows you to run, triple jump, and fly.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 24 2010 03:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Someone's made Rapture (obviously not on the SL server).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Oct 25 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This looks pretty cool, I'd like to check it out. What do I need to get involved?
Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 27 2010 05:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just register at minecraft.net then click the link in the IRC.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 03 2010 04:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very impressive stuff, guys. Especially the sprites!

This game looks very interesting, and I wish I could have enough time to buy it and join you guys in building cool stuff, like a gigantic Q sprite. Oh, college, you life-sucking bitch.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys create next!

Also, here's the Rapture creation that lordsathien mentioned. If you've played Bioshock, it's a must-watch. The video even uses the game's soundtrack.

Edit: Also, this is relevant.
Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Dec 05 2010 04:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

ANNOUNCEMENT:

R.I.P Sydlexia Minecraft Server
August-Septemberish?? TO November? I honestly don't know

Something fucked up with the server shit or something, and the server went away forever. We started a new one, and once there's more stuff I'll do pictures again.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 05 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gone but not forgotten.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Dec 05 2010 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Where can I get a link to the new server? I finally registered and would love to help out.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Dec 05 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
Where can I get a link to the new server? I finally registered and would love to help out.

This, definitely. I'm hooked.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 07 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the easy way is to go into the chat and !define Minecraft, which I can't currently do because I'm not in the chat, but yeah. Our new server is already getting some love (I made a neat little house).

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I need to get in on this, you guys have done some fucking amazing work.
Reply to topic

Jump to: