[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
THE rpg. (Updated Versions 6.20.11)

Reply to topic
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 23 2011 01:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've seen up to now, though I don't know if it was said before :

- Swamps don't deal damage.
- I can't seem to use items in battle. And loading a save resets items to "Herb x5", making it pointless to buy any.
- Magic doesn't work either, though I don't know if I'm actually supposed to have a spell yet...
- "Upgrade" for the Knife is blanked out. I'm pretty sure it was available when I bought it. And yes I have enough gold.
- "Run" never seems to work when it would actually be useful. The encounter rate is low enough to make running away almost useless against weaker monsters.
- I got a game over for staying idle too long on the world map :O
- Crazy_Bastard could give better rewards for his difficulty. In the first area it's the only monster still able to deal over 1 damage (level 4).
- The screen sometimes ends up behind other windows when entering a town. Usually that window is Firefox.
- Loading a save should probably make you resume where you actually saved the game, not always at the beginning.
- Nothing to do but kill the first two bosses since level 5, and still not even close to beat the first one at level 7. No armor probably doesn't help, but this needs harder and more rewarding random encounters.
- Are stat growths completely random? On one "level 2" levelup I got 5 strenght, and when I tried again I got 1 strenght. Can't remember the other stats.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 23 2011 02:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

I may be completely lost here, but when I upgrade an item and go to another town, it says I didn't upgrade it, but when I go to do it again, it says I don't have enough gold for the upgrade I needed before I left another town. (to clarify, if I'm a level 2 sword carrier or whatever, then it's like 200 for another upgrade. I can have 100 and go to another town, where an upgrade is 50 or something, and it'll say I don't have enough). Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jun 23 2011 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lavalarva wrote:
From what I've seen up to now, though I don't know if it was said before :

- Swamps don't deal damage.
No real point as a new world map is being created, but they will.

- I can't seem to use items in battle. And loading a save resets items to "Herb x5", making it pointless to buy any.
Items should work iin battle, is anyone else having that issue? I can easily fix the Herbx5 thing.

- Magic doesn't work either, though I don't know if I'm actually supposed to have a spell yet...
Magic hasn't been programmed yet.

- "Upgrade" for the Knife is blanked out. I'm pretty sure it was available when I bought it. And yes I have enough gold.
That's still an issue I'm working on. Is this upon buying it initially, after a save, or later during play?

- "Run" never seems to work when it would actually be useful. The encounter rate is low enough to make running away almost useless against weaker monsters.
The Run forumla isn't in place yet. Basically it is if you are faster you can run.

- I got a game over for staying idle too long on the world map :O
Never heard that. I may have to try that. The only way a game over should happen is from battle, since there is no call to it on the world map.

- Crazy_Bastard could give better rewards for his difficulty. In the first area it's the only monster still able to deal over 1 damage (level 4).
I need to work on the monsters stats a bit so they actually deal some damage.

- The screen sometimes ends up behind other windows when entering a town. Usually that window is Firefox.
I think this is another easy fix. Should just be a fix to the call of the Town screen.

- Loading a save should probably make you resume where you actually saved the game, not always at the beginning.
Another "easy" fix

- Nothing to do but kill the first two bosses since level 5, and still not even close to beat the first one at level 7. No armor probably doesn't help, but this needs harder and more rewarding random encounters.
Are you saying you can't kill the boss? If so then yea the refer to the monster stats.

- Are stat growths completely random? On one "level 2" levelup I got 5 strenght, and when I tried again I got 1 strenght. Can't remember the other stats.
Yes it is all random. I haven't set the cap, but the cap will be 255.

Answered in your quote

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 23 2011 05:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
I may be completely lost here, but when I upgrade an item and go to another town, it says I didn't upgrade it, but when I go to do it again, it says I don't have enough gold for the upgrade I needed before I left another town. (to clarify, if I'm a level 2 sword carrier or whatever, then it's like 200 for another upgrade. I can have 100 and go to another town, where an upgrade is 50 or something, and it'll say I don't have enough). Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Knife is the only thing "working" in the most recent build so that is not surprising.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jun 23 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. Ok...

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Disgaearulz12
Title: A Dragon At Heart.
PostPosted: Jun 28 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the lack of talking from me, I have been distracted by many things.
Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Apr 28 2012 08:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

So as I've been trudging along, I've found that all my files no longer fit in Dropbox anymore. Basically I've run out of space, which kind of hampers my ability to collaborate with the other people I'm working with. Since I'm basically the central hub, I need a little bit more space, but not enough to warrant spending $10 to upgrade Dropbox.

In essence I'd like to ask any and all of those who do not have Dropbox to use this link so I can get more space. You don't have to use it, just sign up and install it then uninstall it if you'd like. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I try to get this thing out of the basement. If you sign up I'll give you the finished game and all updates for free even!

Please help!

http://db.tt/avsIYCo8

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Apr 28 2012 03:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
In essence I'd like to ask any and all of those who do not have Dropbox to use this link so I can get more space. You don't have to use it, just sign up and install it then uninstall it if you'd like. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I try to get this thing out of the basement. If you sign up I'll give you the finished game and all updates for free even!

Please help!

Done.
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Apr 28 2012 04:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Douche McCallister wrote:
So as I've been trudging along, I've found that all my files no longer fit in Dropbox anymore. Basically I've run out of space, which kind of hampers my ability to collaborate with the other people I'm working with. Since I'm basically the central hub, I need a little bit more space, but not enough to warrant spending $10 to upgrade Dropbox.

Please help!

Do you have an android phone?

You can use USB to copy 3gb of your photos to the phone's photo folder. Then let it share them back over wifi. They'll give you 3GB of extra space.

http://blog.dropbox.com/?p=984

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Apr 28 2012 06:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do and i didnt know about that. Regardless thanks for using the referral Atma.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Apr 30 2012 04:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

google drive 5GB of free space

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Apr 30 2012 07:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
google drive 5GB of free space

For everyone except me... who can't seem to get my drive setup. Seriously Google... what the fuck... everyone gets it except for the IT guy who is being asked every single day about the product?

Reply to topic

Jump to: