[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I love the Undertaker.

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A mixed blessing happened last night at MITB PPV.

Finally, after ten years Kane has won his 2nd world title! But, wait, he didn't have a title match? He won the Smackdown MITB ladder match, and then as soon as Rey successfully defended his title against Swagger, Kane cashed in and took Rey out to become champion.

At first, I was overjoyed! After all the hard work Kane has done, he deserves a title reign lasting longer than a single day. (See 1998 King Of The ring and the Monday Night RAW the next day)

Also, by him winning the World Heavyweight Title, he is the only person in history to have held the World Title, WWE Title, and ECW Title. So, at least he has that in the books.

But, then a horrible realization hit me...

Kane has the title. Which means, that I am now 99.9% positive that they will have him revealed to be the one to have taken out Taker, and they will have a match at Summerslam, where Undertaker will win and take the title off of his "brother." This makes me sad. The fued has been done to death, and Kane really needs to just be allowed to have a real title run before he retires. (Which probably isn't too far down the road.)
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Big Show held the WCW title(Which was confirmed via the WHC DVD to be a part of it's lineage), ECW title, and WWE title before Kane.

And MITB sucks ass just for the fact that Miz won the Raw MITB match, I swear to God that he is easily the most overrated piece of crap on the IWC. He is praised for having the best mic skills in the business, when in reality he talks in such a boring monotone voice that I can't take him seriously and end up falling asleep or lose interest in the promo he's delivering. It also doesn't help that he's the same thing in the ring, he's nothing special and he stole Jeff Jarrett's finisher and slapped on a stupid name. John Morrison and Christian have both been climbing the ladder for some time and have proven they can compete at a Main Event level, but the WWE just doesn't seem to give a crap anymore and just wants to give out random pushes like Sheamus and Swagger's.

That aside...I am happy for Kane, it's just kinda annoying that they left him flounder around the card doing nothing for five years until finally giving him a title or something.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, I forgot that Big Show held the ECW title.

Yeah, not thrilled with the Miz. I was really hoping that they would have given Borne or Morrison at shot at the main event.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bourne's push seems really weird, it's like Swagger he's been jobbing for so long on Raw and suddenly they start trying to make him credible and putting him in a little mini-feud with Orton. Kudos to him if he makes it, he's thrice better than Mysterio is at the moment and kinda wish they'd let him do more in the ring besides the SSP.

I apologize btw if I felt kinda assish in my post about MITB, the news was fresh in my mind once logging in and I had to vent at that point. I heard the event itself was good, so I should check it out sometime.

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 19 2010 05:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the event was good. Except for the divas (hors concours of suckage) and Usos vs. Hart Dynasty (you could hear a pin dropping in the building because the crowd was dead in all ways), everything else was fine. I'm perfectly okay with Miz holding the RAW MitB, so haters gonna hate. Unfortunately this means that Morrison is the Jannety of the old tag team.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 21 2010 02:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

You're out of your mind if you think the Miz is garbage. Overrated? I've been telling people for years that he has what it took to be a good wrestler, back when he was on the real world. Dude has a pretty big skill set and it's great to see him hold the MitB.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 21 2010 02:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Miz has potential in my eyes. He has gotten better on the mic and in the ring, but he still has a ways to go before he should be in the main event scene. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win a world title with the MitB, but if he keeps improving at the rate he has been, he should hold one at some point in his run with the WWE.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Jul 21 2010 03:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Chile Guy wrote:
Unfortunately this means that Morrison is the Jannety of the old tag team.

No, Joey Mercury was the Jannetty. Morrison is the HBK of the DX team known as Mizorrison.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 04:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Joey Mercury is 10x the wrestler Morrison is, and so is Miz.

JonSnow
PostPosted: Aug 02 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
That's true, he spends a lot of time in the match getting his ass kicked. However, once the 5 Moves of Doom start in(6 if you count the STF), it's over pretty much every time, unless it's a PPV, then it might stretch out a bit more. The last time he lost cleanly that I can remember is Hell in A Cell against Orton, which was well over half a year ago. And as for tapping out, I believe the last time that happened was against Benoit in either late 2003 or early 2004. Out of all his WWE Title reigns, only two of the times he lost the belt were legit, and one of those involved him eating 3 finishers in quick succession in an elimination chamber. Pretty much everything else involved interference or goonery of some kind, such as Batista and Edge taking the belt off of him after he won an elimination chamber. He's definitely talented, but what I see at the end of the day is what is put out by him and the writing - and that's Cena winning 19 times out of 20, and putting no one over. His feud with The Miz last year is a solid testament to this. I don't really feel like jumping through a table to lose the title helped put Sheamus over. I mean, come on, Cena has faced Big Show 5050350350 times, and I think Show has only pinned him once ever, after interference from Edge no less. Hell, the day after Show threw Cena through a light or something to cost him the World Title against Edge, he was up and walking around on RAW to cause Show to lose a match. They make him look like Superman. Cena losing a little more and looking more vulnerable would probably erase a lot of the hate sent his way.

I have hard time appreciating wrestling, mostly because i can't get into it, i need to have that suspension of disbelief hit so i can enjoy it. I need to think in my head this is real. I can do it in a movie, because the movie comes out and says hey i'm fake, but here's a story. Wrestling tries to come off as, we're professional wrestlers (we're not amateur wrestling, which is more legitimate test of talent than wwe), and this is a real show these guys are really going at it, and are really pissed off. If they were more like a movie, and said hey it's clearly acting, but we put on a good show for you all, if they came off like they're doing a play, which they are... I'd like it a lot more. They're telling me this is real, and i'm like no it's not. Secondly, the reason i can enjoy a movie which is equally fake, not just because the movie tells me it's fake, but they do a much better job of making it easy to suspend my disbelief. Firstly, at the beginning of the movie they establish to the audience a set rules and mechanisms, axioms, if you will that they say hold. For example they may assert at some point in the movie a certain character can fly, that's their axiom, now in a good movie he'll use his flying when it's wise, he's not forget his ability, in obvious cases where he should choose to fly. Essentially as long as they have internal consistencies, with their initial assumptions I can watch it without distraction. Second feature that movies do a good job of is having quality acting and special effects to help things look real, so I don't get distracted by certain "fake acts".

In a fighting movie, often times they aren't hitting a person hard, but with special effects, camera angles, and audio effects it looks seamless. I watch wrestling and the guys hand stops a foot away from other guy's chest, then that guy stumbles backwards (what do you have powers>) It's just bad acting, or I see them attempt a move, and i realize they mess up, and so they go to set up the same situation again so they can try again... the story line is at best and honestly described as a male soap opera. I want to like it my best friends really like wrestling, I can't watch it. I try.. I really try. I'll sit through hours of it just to hang out with them, and dammit!

In Short,

Bad Acting, Bad story, comes off as if the whole thing is real when it's clearly fake, if you're an observant watcher you see a lot of the fakeness in the execution of the moves, and how unrealistic the moves themselves are.

I realize a movie is also fake, but there are things movies do to suspend my disbelief, and that having a better story line helps.

Certain guys are entertaining to watch, like Ray Mysterio, there is a certain coolness to the undertakers gimmick, and interesting to see to incredibly strong guys go at it, or have Cena body slam the Big Show.

The One Truth Will Prevail
Brawl Code: 1805-1876-7506

Reply to topic

Jump to: