SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE did the coolest thing they've done in a long time...

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Numbers, numbers, numbers. Who gives a shit if you're a 20 time champion if you lose the belt all the time? That only shows you're a paper champion. Both Cena and Triple H have title reigns that lasted less than an hour. How am I supposed to count that as a reign?

And the WHT, there's no excuse. Rey had the audacity to cut a promo saying he's the fucking underdog. BULLSHIT. He beat WHC Jack Swagger clean twice on SD and then again last night. How the fuck is he an underdog?

There's a good 6 other guys on SD that could've been elevated including; Christian, Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston...all of whom are over with the crowd and could do with the belt more than Rey Rey. Seriously, fuck that piece of shit..he's getting into Lashley hatred territory from me now, and that's saying something.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Matt Hardy, seriously? Matt Hardy is a note for note parallel of everything you bitched about Rey for.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 22 2010 01:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

How is he a parrallel? Granted, I'm not a big fan of the guy, but he's not that bad. I don't see Matt hurting people and is constantly over. At least his matches are actually believable. And I have no problem with Mysterio winning, it's HOW he wins, plus it's WAY too common. The only thing that they have in common is they both suck ass on the mic.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 22 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Matt would be better if he had more airtime. Check out the promos he does on his own free time and posts on youtube.

He recently did one on Zack Ryder that was 10 minutes long and Matt was acting like he was f'n insane, talking about Matt Hardy and Mathew Hardy as two different people.

It's one of the reasons that Matt has such a strong following. He is always in character, and does so much promo work on his own dime, on his own free time.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jun 22 2010 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Matt has the acting skills of a parrot and is boring to watch. I will never understand how some people think he's better than Jeff, who has natural charisma and can work a good match. I tend to think people just hate Jeff, because they're jealous that chicks have the hots for him.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 22 2010 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, I hate Jeff because he's a fucking druggie and doesn't seem to give much of a shit about wrestling most of the time. The fact that he walked away from the WWE so he could spend time at home and do drugs, then get busted, now has to wrestle again...it's pathetic. Matt is the better mat wrestler (no pun intended) and can carry a better match than Jeff can, he's just not as exiciting to watch, because he's not doped up enough to do a shitload of ariel moves. In real life, apparently Jeff is a nicer person than Matt, but I only care about the characters they portray on TV. I couldn't care less about how much pussy Jeff gets, when he was doing the paint body shit several years ago, he was a total tool and I was very satisfied that he got fired. But I will agree that Matt can't act worth shit, those "Mathew" promos on Youtube are absolutely hilarious.

One last note, I do think that Jeff did deserve the WWE title when he came back,which before his departure again, he showed me he could carry a brand if given the chance. Unfortunately, Triple H didn't want to put him over for the belt, and when Jeff DID win a non-title match, Triple H responded by laughing, which is one of the reason I really don't care for Triple H anymore (and I supported the guy's 2003 reign of terror). Hardy finally won the thing off Edge, only to drop is again a few weeks later. I guess WWE knew what was coming from the guy, and after his arrest...I don't feel a bit sorry for him.
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jun 28 2010 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think it was awesome because I fucking hate John Cena. I think he's the most overrated fucking wrestler ever!

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

uncle joe
PostPosted: Jun 30 2010 04:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah . . . sure kid.

Sucks to hear about Barrett's Visa issues. The NXT angle is pretty much fucked now, even though their systematic beatdown of the legends was pretty fucking nifty.

It's a shame because they've been handling this awesomely up to this point. No Danielson and now No Barrett?

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 30 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...all they need now is for Otunga to have a quad tear as he walks across the ring, then Vince can come out the week afterwards and say that Nexxus is over and such.

But seriously, when you have someone like Barrett...who is getting pushed pretty hard....how the FUCK do you not realize your visa has expired? How does management not notice this? Is Wade that fucking stupid?
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jun 30 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised Vince doesn't just "arrange" marriages for his overseas talent so they can stay in the US indefinately. I wouldn't put it past him.
Medisinn
Title: King Awesome
PostPosted: Jul 02 2010 08:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Objection!

Barrett's visa issue was something they knew about, so they pretty much planned him to go back when he did. Supposedly he'll be back within a week or two.

As for Drew McIntyre, no one knows when he will be back...and no one probably gives a shit.

Apparently the same thing will happen to Sheamus at some point. This whole being culturally diverse thing is really biting WWE in the ass. Well, culturally diverse isn't fair, I suppose. To be diverse, your foreign wrestlers would actually have to all act differently, instead of every single person outside of North America being a heel simply because they have an accent and/or fluorescent light bulb skin.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Defaultuser
PostPosted: Jul 03 2010 01:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that Matt Hardy deserves a title reign. It pisses me off that his brother got one considering he is an average wrestler at best and doesn't give a shit about the product (how many times has he gotten "burnt out" after a year?!). He's my pick to win Money in the Bank in a week. Probably wishful thinking though...
Medisinn
Title: King Awesome
PostPosted: Jul 05 2010 09:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think if Matt was ever going to win the title, it would have been in 2005. His momentum and intensity were insane when he first came back, and in his promos online at the time. Obviously, it didn't last, and he started languishing in his current role, the role of the the token face that is solid, but predictable, and never seems to win the big one. He seems like an example of someone who would benefit from a NXT feud, except that the group apparently is only going to be on RAW, which seems like a waste to me.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 16 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bryan Danielson / Daniel Bryan is back baby!!!
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 19 2010 05:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and he looked great on both RAW and SS.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 19 2010 08:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was mostly happy with RAW, but disappointed with the lack of Bret Hart and the finish. After Summerslam, every one in Nexus needed to go over. Having Buckwheat Cena lose to Real Cena was lame.

Also, Nexus's catchphrase is fucking lame. "You're either Nexus or against us"? UGH.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Aug 19 2010 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, I've been kind of out of the loop for a couple months. What did Cena mean by Justin Gabriel having an "alternate way of thinking"?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 19 2010 03:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

YEah, the catchphrase is pretty lame. I think Black Cena wasnt a fit for the group, as he seemed to godamn goofy even when he was serious. Tarver needs to wrestle with his rape mask on though.

Oh and I think we didnt see Bret because after his half ass mini flurry of offense at SS, he seemed like he was going to just keel over and die right there, so I guess they took precautions.

And Cena was trying to call him gay.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Aug 23 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Summerslam was one of the weakest shows I've ever seen. Considering it's supposed to be the 2nd biggest show a year, I'm amazed they booked it so poorly. You don't do DQs at a PPV. You don't have Cena get DDTed on the concrete floor then have him miraculously come back later and win. The sad thing is...I was actually enjoying Cena's character, up until the PPV. Then of course, on Raw he has to be the person to go over a Nexxus member . He does so with a smirk on his face, it's ridiculous. What I don't understand is how is Darren Young the weak one? He picked the biggest dog in the yard and put up a valiant effort. Compare that to the Nexxus members who got DQ or countout victories...seriously? And if you're going to put over anyone, why Cena? Wouldn't it make more sense if you're going to kick someone out of Nexxus, you have it done to someone who loses to somebody like John Morrison? And how does this make Nexxus stronger?
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 24 2010 04:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

The booking was strong dude. Look at it this way; he capitalized off Gabriel's mistake, and caught Barrett in the confusion, and the rapid succession win actually worked in logic's favor. It was basically booked as a sucker punch. It would of made less sense of Cena got DDT'd on the concrete and then went toe to toe with Barrett for a few minutes.

Also, Miz's promo was fucking amazing.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Aug 24 2010 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I admit, I do like Cole's slow heel turn. That's what salvaged Summerslam. But the results weren't the best. I admit the booking up until the PPV was good, but it just didn't end well.

My problem with Miz, he really needs to drop the US title, he's a terrible champion.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Aug 24 2010 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Every second that Miz is touching any championship it's credibility dips at least twenty points, right now the US championship is below squirrel vomit level. I'm hoping AmDrag kayfabe breaks Miz' arms and steals his MITB briefcase and US championship.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Aug 24 2010 06:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is, Miz is fine with being MITB because he keeps going back to telling us he's MITB. He never references the US title nor does he ever defend it. He's easily the worst champion since Orlando Jordan.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 25 2010 03:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's a damn shame too. Then again, There seems to be two sides on raw; Uppermid to upper card guys, and low card guys.

And Im tired of people saying the Miz is garbage. If anyone watched his match with Bourne from like2-3 weeks ago, those two did more in 5-8 minutes than alot do in 15-20. He and Orton also put on a nice match when they faced off, as did he and Cena. When put in a position to have good matches, he can keep up with most on the roster. But that US title needs to be defended on a weekly basis between Regal, Koslov, Primo, Danielson, Chavo, Ryder and R Truth. Those matches would be great, and Truth is easily carriable.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Aug 25 2010 03:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was really disappointed when they took the US title off R Truth so quickly. I felt he was long overdue to carry the mid card and could very well do it.

I'm far from a Miz supporter and even I admit he's made incredible strides to get props from me. If I were to nitpick, I'd say he needs to at least change his hair. I mean sure, it makes him unique but it just doesn't look main event to me. Same applies to Sheamus, way too goofy for his character.
Reply to topic

Jump to: