"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Alexz Johnson

Reply to topic
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Feb 27 2010 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As many people here know I'm a big fan of Alexz Johnson. I run a fan site for her that has become surprisingly successful very quickly. I have a lot of passion for this website and put everything I can into it, so maybe that's why it's been such a success.

Anyway, she has released her first single(below) and her album, Voodoo, is set to be released on March 30th.

I got the chance to interview her. It was a big moment for me for my site and most especially as a fan. She's such a cool girl.

This goes to the Interview since apparently it's long Razz

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 03 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally had time to really sit down and read the interview--fantastic! I'm so happy this worked out for you, G. Very well put together, and I'm glad she was so awesome to you.

(I haven't been able to watch the songs yet, but I will soon! Very Happy )

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 05 2010 04:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dig the music and I also dig that she lists Peter Gabriel as a major musical influence, as he is one of my favorite artists of all time.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 08 2010 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzy wrote:
I dig the music and I also dig that she lists Peter Gabriel as a major musical influence, as he is one of my favorite artists of all time.

Glad to hear it Smile

Some live performances she did unplugged are going to be released soon. She did them in Toronto at the Orange Lounge. Apparently they were released too early onto a major website(seems to always happen) and I've seen them. It's really great stuff Smile

I think March 10 I'll be able to get them from her official site.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 09 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I saw that Peter Gabriel thing on the site. That's awesome; I love Gabriel. I haven't heard any of the music and I'm headed out the door right now, but I'll have to come back to this thread tomorrow.

RIP Hacker.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 10 2010 01:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Those performances got officially released. Obviously, they made their way to YouTube. I'm not sure how long these will stay online. She performed 5 unplugged versions of songs from her album Voodoo, here's 2 of those performances:

Hurricane Girl

Voodoo

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 08:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I necro'd my own post... but for an important reason.

I landed an audio Skype interview with her TOMORROW!! Very Happy

I may be shouting in an empty hallway, but I don't care. I'm going to get to ask her questions and talk to her. Smile Oh man, I'm stressed. I think I'm hiding it well though.

It's a huge accomplishment for me that still leaves room to improve.

Here's hoping I get to Necro this thread again sometime later with even bigger news Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i dont really know who she is, even after visiting that website, but that is still cool news. good job man. and congrats. good luck too.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Right on, man. My wife loves her and Instant Star, I showed her your website after seeing it in your sig on here, so I at least got you one extra hit.

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
i dont really know who she is, even after visiting that website, but that is still cool news. good job man. and congrats. good luck too.

I'll work into fixing that Smile It's mainly for people who are fans and know who she is. Easy to forget when I handle news and stuff about ehr every day Smile

And thanks Jack Slater Very Happy That's probably why I got this interview. The website.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
Here's hoping I get to Necro this thread again sometime later with even bigger news Smile

Like you and her are engaged? Razz

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Mar 01 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got any nudes of her?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 02 2011 01:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just going to ignore those last two comments and post her newest music video.

The Demolition Crew remixed her entire Voodoo album and this was chosen as the single for Voodoo Reloaded. It's a retro-70s party song, Boogie Love:

The Trip Around The World remix was released to iTunes and digital places March 1. It was originally for fans who bought Alexz's Premium Packages(which included an autograph signed to you) with her album through her official site and later released to everyone.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Mar 02 2011 02:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Best of luck with your interview, Ghandi!
Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 02 2011 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Interview went awesome Very Happy I just finished it a few minutes ago.

45 minutes recorded, about 2 pages of questions, LOTS of stuff to transcribe.

Wow. Smile Everyone should get to interview their favorite musicians.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Sehkmaenzo
PostPosted: Mar 03 2011 06:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations man! Mr. Green
Ghandi
PostPosted: Mar 07 2011 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My interview with Alexz is now posted on my site and is linked in my signature Smile It's the 2nd one.

If you look at the first and second one, the first one was conducted through email while this past one was done over the phone.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jun 29 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How does one top an interview? Well I'll tell you and Necro this thread up from the far away 1st page since I know no one reads that far back anymore.

This is what I posted on my website about the experience:
http://www.alexz.net/?p=2653

No one here besides me really has anything invested into Alexz Johnson as much as I do, so I understand if you don't understand. The easiest way to understand is to replace her with your favorite musician. For this reason I'll be going into other aspects.

Oh wait, experience about what?

I drove over 800 miles to Toronto, Canada from North Carolina to see Alexz Johnson put on a concert at a place called The Drake Hotel for my birthday. It was my birthday present to myself and I was willing to move mountains to make it happen.

Alexz Johnson is an indie artist so I'm not surprised if you've never heard of her, though I'm sure some day everyone will know her.

Alexz live is incredible. Her voice is so strong, she sings passionately, she really wants to be there. Someone got the entire concert recorded and uploaded it here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL7250A0177CE9B29D

This is the show I was at and here are some of her performances from June 27.

A Little Bit

Gonna Get It

Back of the Room

Look At Those Eyes

Her concert was amazing. She did 12 or 13 songs.

Alexz was aware that I had drove up to Toronto to see her and after finding me in the audience wished me a happy birthday on stage. Smile People go nuts when she gives them birthday wishes or replies on Twitter, so maybe the gravity of that will sink in. She then dedicated her last song of the night to me, in her encore performance, which is a song called "L.A. Made Me".

I met her after the show and she is the most humble, down to earth person you'll ever meet. She's extremely attentive, patient, and kind, just an amazing person to be around. The night would have probably ended there in most situations. I had a hotel room booked at her venue, the Drake Hotel, so had nowhere to go technically.

After talking with the woman who was running her merchandise booth for awhile Alexz gave me an invite to hang out with her upstairs at the bar. The Drake Hotel has, on its roof, a bar called The Lounge. I followed her up there and got introduced by her to some of her family, friends, her band, anyone who came by. Everyone in her "camp" seemed to already know me, primarily through Twitter.

Twitter is good and powerful, don't discount it Razz

I hung out there until after she left. We both had long drives the next morning. Myself back to Sylva, NC and she was headed to Nashville, TN. I couldn't sleep that night, unsurprisingly. I didn't want the day to end.

The "actual beginning" I allude to on my website post is the culmination of work. I set the balls rolling that laid the groundwork for these events long ago. A few years in some cases. I had to lay the groundwork BEFORE I could lay the groundwork in pretty much everything I've told you guys about in this thread. It's dull because it reads like a self-help book.

I don't care who you are. Anything is within your reach.

And once again, should I top this, another necro-bump is coming.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 29 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Start me a Diane Lane fan page, so I can meet her. Sounds like your birthday was most excellent.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jun 29 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi, that is a pretty cool story. Meeting one's favorite musician and getting to spend time with them is pretty f'n awesome.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jun 30 2011 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys Smile

@Douche It's got to be something you're passionate about. My Alexz site never work for me. You'd be the best person to run that.

@GPFontaine I'm glad you understand Smile I have a feeling this past experience is the start of more amazing things happening for me.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jun 30 2011 09:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just said make me one, I didn't say run it Razz Plus I want her whole body in and around my mouth.

Ghandi
PostPosted: Jul 02 2011 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Of minor importance, but I asked her that night if I could interview her again. Her face lit up and she was definitely all for it Smile

So tentatively(going to contact her manager after the 4th of July weekend) I'm going to aim to set something up for the end of summer. I can't wait to talk to her again Smile

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jul 03 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gah how did I miss this?! Ghandi, congratulations! That is so awesome. It's so cool to meet someone you admire so much, and have them actually be cool people.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jul 03 2011 06:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ghandi wrote:
Of minor importance, but I asked her that night if I could interview her again. Her face lit up and she was definitely all for it Smile

So tentatively(going to contact her manager after the 4th of July weekend) I'm going to aim to set something up for the end of summer. I can't wait to talk to her again Smile

You know it's probably a creepy thing to do, but why don't you ask her out to coffee or something sometime? You never know, she might be up for a little 1 on 1 time with you.
Reply to topic

Jump to: