"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Pokemon Discussion Thread

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 25 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

So it's been a while since anything worthwhile popped up regarding the current games. However, it's recently been revealed that Nintendo will be releasing a new Vivillon pattern, "Fancy," once the GTS hits 100 million trades. At last check, it was around 85 million.

There was also that whole ruckus with Nintendo finally releasing remakes of the Hoenn region games.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Generation 7, Sun and Moon, announced yesterday. Also announced is the ability to transfer Gen 1 Pokemon from the new WiiU/3DS virtual console releases of RBY to Gen 7 via the PokeBank.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 07:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the titles of the new games are indicative of a heavy emphasis on the day/night cycle.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I wonder if the titles of the new games are indicative of a heavy emphasis on the day/night cycle.

One of my friends is guessing that Moon will feature a Dark type legendary, and that this gen will feature a new Light type, with a corresponding legendary in Sun.
Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 09:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
Cameron wrote:

and that this gen will feature a new Light type, with a corresponding legendary in Sun.

Man, I hope not. While I'm not that thrilled with the concept of Fairy type pokemon, it did bring other types into a better sense of balance, and adding yet another Pokemon type would just disrupt that.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 29 2016 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have mixed feeling about Fairy type. On the the one hand, Normal never fully made sense. Half of all normal types were just animals, and the other half were strange pink blobs with no connection to reality. It made sense to give different typing to what were clearly different Pokemon. On the other, I had a pretty solid joke routine about this fact, which is now useless.

Also, I hate all changes that have ever been made to Pokemon. I've played Gen II and Gen V, but only once each. Gen I is the only one I ever replay.
Cameron
PostPosted: Feb 29 2016 06:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I adore all of the improvements Gold and Silver made, but I haven't truly enjoyed a Pokemon game as much as the first two generations. Black & White came pretty close, but I loathe the experience system in that game and the random encounter rate.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 10 2016 08:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My road to recovering after a bricked 3DS has me up to gaining my final badge in Alpha Sapphire and a dex of 173. Nintendo's been doing a monthly distribution for legendaries since February and all the way until December; it's currently Celebi in case anyone missed out with the Pokemon Bank promo.

Also, this is a thing that might interest even the people who got out around Gen 2's emergence:

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

LeshLush
PostPosted: Mar 22 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody pick up Pokken Tournament yet?
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Mar 22 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't figure out how to extract a GIF from Twitter, but this should be known and perhaps studied.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Mar 23 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

So you're telling me I should buy this game.
Cameron
PostPosted: Mar 23 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I want to hear someone well-versed in fighting games talk about Pokken Tournament's fighting system. I'm pretty sold on the character roster but I'm curious as to how it plays.

Reply to topic

Jump to: