[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Pokemon Discussion Thread

Reply to topic
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Oct 11 2013 04:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot fucking wait!

For me, I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, no doubt about it. Yveltal is far superior. However, I think Mega Mewtwo X looks better than Mega Mewtwo Y and Mega Charizard X is better than Y. Also, Tyraunt may just be my new favorite fossil Pokemon. Sorry, Aerodactyl.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 11 2013 08:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Logan wrote:
Also, Tyraunt may just be my new favorite fossil Pokemon. Sorry, Aerodactyl.

You can't form the Power Ranger team without both of them though.
Red: Tyraunt
Blue: Bastiodon (close enough, my second choice would've been Rhyperior)
Black: Mamoswine
Yellow: Raikou
Pink: Aerodactyl
Green: Dragonite

Alts
Zordon: Glalie
Titanus: Lapras

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Oct 11 2013 08:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My bad, the name is actually Tyrantrum.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 16 2013 03:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

MASSIVE FREAKING WARNING!!!
"You may want to avoid saving in the streets of Lumiose City in Pokemon X and Y. Several users have reported encountering a glitch which renders the game unplayable after doing just that (via VentureBeat).

The glitch reportedly occurs when users go to save in the outer streets of X and Y's largest city: any attempts to load that saved game will result in the same frozen screen, a hard reset the only way to escape.

It doesn't seem to affect every player, but it still would not hurt to take precautions for now, and save outside the city or inside one of its many buildings. A Nintendo representative said the company is looking into the issue at the moment. We'll update this article with any further information.

In the meantime, several users on Reddit state that removing their 3DS system's SD card before starting the game fixed the issue. It's worth a try if you have a physical copy of the game and have already encountered the bug.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 19 2013 07:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Played for 2 hours and loving it so far.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Oct 29 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, Pokemon X and Y is really good so far.

[SPOILER:b041b4d350]Image[/SPOILER:b041b4d350]

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 02 2013 03:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about anything non-Pokemon right now. I am super into this game.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Nov 20 2013 02:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back, for no good reason. And I just wanna say that this is definitely the best Pokemon game to date. Anyone up for battling/trading or whatever?

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 20 2013 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see you again, Teralyx/ToGdor!

Also, I found this on some random corner of the internet:
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 29 2013 07:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Teralyx wrote:
I'm back, for no good reason. And I just wanna say that this is definitely the best Pokemon game to date. Anyone up for battling/trading or whatever?

I'd be up battling sometime maybe. And if you need any of the friend safari Pokemon, I can breed you one, if you're looking to fill up your Pokedex. Rare abilities and good IVs, you're on your own.

I've finished the Kalos Pokedex. Now I need to wait till 12/26 so I can try and finish the National one.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 05 2013 05:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

All Safari pokemon have two good IVs and you can catch Hidden ability versions once both you and the relevant person have been online within the games at the same time.

I've already caught Mewtwo and Zygarde, I suppose upgrading the Mega Ring and the Looker quests are next.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 05 2013 08:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any point to the Looker quests? As far as I can tell as it does is fill up your Pokedex with a couple more uncatchable Pokemon (main game trainers have Eelektross and Koffing), and it might probably counts towards a medal on the PGL website for doing everything in Lumiose City.

Also, have you caught your Legendary Bird yet? Because that is a thing to do.

I was surprised how easy it is to catch Mewtwo and Zygarde. Caught them both with Timer Balls. I still have my Master Ball, and nothing to do with it.

My one big complaint with the game is the costume options. Every outfit should have way more palette options. And then for some reason, the black frame sunglasses are only available to the boy player, which is dumb.

I'm pretty sure there's either an event area coded into the game or an additional area they're going to release later on. Because:

1) The defining feature of a Couriway Town is a train station you can't use
2) The editor of the Lumiose Press is absent for the entire game and never returns. A note on her desk says she went deep into the mountains to look for mythical Pokemon. One might assume this is talking about Zygarde in Terminus Cave, but she isn't found there.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 05 2013 08:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

1. Re: Looker quests. Unless you care about the story, you're fine with stopping after battling Essentia four times.
2.Re; Legendary birds. I'm working on catching Articuno. My technique is to keep flying to northern Lumiose since it's connected to three routes (switching between North and South causes it to change routes).
3. Zygarde took me a while to catch, but I think I used a Dusk Ball.
4. Re: Events. Just like in Black/White, there are three legendaries that will likely be events down the line.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

My goal is finish the National Pokedex. This is the first Pokemon game I've beaten since Red. How plausible of a goal is this? Aren't there like 80 legendaries at this point?

I'm hoping Nintendo will release Mew in some fashion so that I can finish the Gen 1 Pokedex at least.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 06 2013 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
My goal is finish the National Pokedex. This is the first Pokemon game I've beaten since Red. How plausible of a goal is this? Aren't there like 80 legendaries at this point?

I'm hoping Nintendo will release Mew in some fashion so that I can finish the Gen 1 Pokedex at least.

If you're just concerned about filling out Gen 1's Dex. I can trade you one of my two Mews once the Pokemon Bank and Transfer App are available.

Here's the full list of all the pokemon that there are no methods of receiving within X and Y. http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

And here is a list of all the possible pokemon you can get through the Friend Safari system. Some of which can ONLY be gained this way: http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2013 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would love a Mew. I've been hoarding Mewtwos, Xerneases, and Yveltals, and I have a shiny Dragalge as well.

I've got all the guys currently obtainable in XY. I imagine most of the rest will become common once the Poke Bank releases, except the previous gen Legendaries.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 06 2013 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've decided that once I can bring my White 2 stuff over, I'm going to let the people on here have first crack at all my spare legendaries before I launch them out into the ether of Wonder Trade.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2013 08:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bring over all the Eelektrosses. If you can get on GTS fast enough, you can probably get like 30 Xerneases and Yveltals.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

So which wing patterns for Vivillon can you guys catch?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vivillon has all 18 versions.

I can catch Modern, but I've also procured Meadow, Polar, and Elegant through trades.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've got Meadow, Polar, and Tundra. I don't remember which patterns I can catch, these I all got through Wonder Trades. I had Elegant and High Plains, but shipped them back away through Wonder Trade because they're ugly.

Question: What does a Shiny Vivillion look like?
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I've got Meadow, Polar, and Tundra. I don't remember which patterns I can catch, these I all got through Wonder Trades. I had Elegant and High Plains, but shipped them back away through Wonder Trade because they're ugly.

Question: What does a Shiny Vivillion look like?

This is what Serebii has for the shiny version's appearance:

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Picked up a 3DS recently, this is probably at the top of my want list now. Wasn't sure if it was going to be great, but from everything I have heard, it sounds like a great game.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 01:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

anorexorcist wrote:
Picked up a 3DS recently, this is probably at the top of my want list now. Wasn't sure if it was going to be great, but from everything I have heard, it sounds like a great game.

What's your friend code? Mine is 3823-8690-1265

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 01:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sathien, I just picked up a Marine Vivillion if you want it. I'll take literally anything for it.
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Dec 08 2013 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
anorexorcist wrote:

What's your friend code? Mine is 3823-8690-1265

I'll have to check, I think I put the slip of paper it's on back in the box and that is back at my parents home. Looking forward to the end of exams so I can really get into the 3DS and its games. Still want to get this before Christmas even though I could save money by waiting and asking for it for xmas.

When I had heard they had a number of the original pokemon in the game early on, I was pushed on board to definitely wanting this.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Reply to topic

Jump to: