SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
So, who wants to revive an E-fed??? :D :D

Reply to topic
IceWarm
PostPosted: Feb 26 2010 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I found that old CD. Here are the results I typed up for our version of the Royal Rumble. I can't believe this is from 2001. I posted it to my blog as to not have a ton of text in this post:

http://blog.icewarm.org/?p=693

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 26 2010 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

is it jsut me, or was this pinned and then unpinned?

also, the best way to get exciting matches in no mercy aside from using a gameshark is to set teh difficulty to the hardest. I know this sounds funny, but it really makes a difference in CPU v CPU matches.

IceWarm
PostPosted: Feb 26 2010 02:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
is it jsut me, or was this pinned and then unpinned?

also, the best way to get exciting matches in no mercy aside from using a gameshark is to set teh difficulty to the hardest. I know this sounds funny, but it really makes a difference in CPU v CPU matches.

That is what we did. We put it to the highest difficulty and then just let the computer control both wrestlers. If you looked at the results from the Royal Rumble we did using No Mercy you'll see many matches that were really good. Some of them were a bit on the short side because some of the wrestlers were more powerful than their opponents.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 05 2010 05:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Would you guys be interesated in me posting my EFW shows here and giving me input?

I've been struggling to find an audience for EFWas I think my writing is really good (better than TNA at least) but I can never find a good venue to share my works.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Mar 06 2010 01:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a problem with this. it's more than soldierhawk seems to be doing.

Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 06 2010 03:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Next Week's EFW Ignite I'll write so it's an introductory episode and I'll post some classic EFW. Or when I start the thread I'll have a page with Bios for all the big players.

EFW uses a combo of real wrestlers and people I made up. Nobody from TNA or WWE appears (TNA used to be allowed but I changed that seeing as how they are now WWE light)
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Mar 06 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

i guess post it in the nwo so the moderators shut up.

Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 06 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I don't have access to the NWO.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Mar 06 2010 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ask optimist.

Godofhardcore
PostPosted: Mar 07 2010 01:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

I posted the thread several hours ago. Nobody's really done anything with it. It's still there so...take a look comment whatever. For now it's under sports Mods can move it where ever I'd like the whole forums to beable to read it though.

It's not an E-fed though I write you and you guys are the fans and give me feedback and I book as close to what you ask me as I can. (However I already decided who the next Champion is)

Basically doing what TNA doesn't Give the fans what they want.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: May 25 2010 04:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to bump, but I've thought of restarting the HWA many times, this time using a decently recent version of SmackDown and capturing from my 360. I'd just have to have a regular schedule that I could deal with, but I think that I'm much better equipped now to create the episodes than I was in the past. I'm game, if everyone else is.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 25 2010 04:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

If it is a simulation thing I would be down, not sure if I would be up for an RP kind though.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 25 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I would say to look through the old HWA threads, but they are all gone.

Basically, matches are simmed via AI in a videogame and that is posted. All you are responsible for is doing the promos and such for your wrestler. So it's a SIM and you have to RP.

Here's an old HWA match:

Char Aznable
PostPosted: May 25 2010 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Those vids are gone, too. I got rid of them from my YouTube account.

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: May 25 2010 08:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is that how it was done? Clever.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 25 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd still totally be down for this. the create a story mode in smackdown vs raw 2010 is awesome.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: May 26 2010 02:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's a create-a-story mode? I honestly haven't touched that game at all since I bought it at a video store closing.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 26 2010 04:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

uh yeah. it's the only thing worth doing in that game.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: May 27 2010 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is this still happening? Because I'm down, if that's the case. I haven't participated in a wrestling sim before, but I've got 20 years of RP experience and know pretty much any system as well as doing freeform. I was also a huge wrestling fan until WWE started to munch testes. If you're not going to use a game to simulate matches, I'd also suggest the Mutants and Masterminds system (minus powers, of course, unless you want to get more MUSCLE or something instead of just pro wrestling).

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jul 12 2010 08:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thread, I command thee to rise from the grave!

Okay. Since this seems to be dead in the water again. I have a proposal:

SWW

Sydlexia Worldwide Wrestling

I have spent some time trying to create a stats/chance based system specifically for the forum wrestling league. Basically, it's kinda like a tabletop RPG version of wrestling.

The E-Fed would be setup as thus: (Are you ready?)

It would be text based. While this doesn't make for as visually stunning fed, it does create a far more vast and limitless fed. Nothing is off limits or un-doable. Matches can do anything. And, there are no limitations to the "engine".

Also, in the real world, matches are pre-booked and thier outcomes are pre-determined. This doesn't make for a good game to play however. So, there will be a strategic as well as a chance based structure to the fed.

All Wrestlers will have the Following stats: (To be the man...)

CHA - Charisma = A workers ability to talk on the mike and draw fans as well as heat.
STR - Strength = A wrestlers overall power and ability to lift/carry other workers.
SPD - Speed = How fast a wrestler moves in the ring. Helps to dodge and avoid attacks.
TCH - Technical Ability = The higher the stat, the more technical ring knowledge the worker has. Helps with reversals and chain wrestling moves.
FLY - Flying Ability = Skill regarding high flying arial moves such as diving moves, and top rope/turnbuckle moves.
AGL - Agility = Nimbleness of worker. Helps with reversals and avoiding attacks. As well as posistioning to setup moves.
CON - Constitution = How much damage a worker can take before being pinned, and how long they can resist submission holds.
SUB - Submission Skills = The higher the stat, the harder it is for opponents to resist and escape from submission holds.
HRD - Hardcore Ability = How well the worker uses weapons and the eviroment against opponents.
BRL - Brawling Skill = Workers ability to throw punches/kicks and fighting ability.
INT - Intelligence = Helps worker in cheating and countering cheating moves. As well as other things such as playing possum.
COM - Comliness = How good looking your worker is. Helps with your workers drawing power and heat.
LCK - Luck = Universal stat that can help with anything. Always in effect in some manner.

Everyone will start with the same ammount of points to distribute among all of their stats. With each match, the worker earns more points to spend. The winner gets a % bonus to thier points earned.

SPECIAL
Each Worker will start with one of the following specials that will help them:

Luchador = Gives permanent bonus to SPD, AGL, anf FLY skills.
Shooter = Gives permanent bonus to CON, SUB, and TCH skills.
Masked = Eliminates COM skill from worker, and the penalities it might impose.
Monster = Worker can ignore the first few weapon attacks, and gets one free kick out per match. Slight STR + CON boost.
Daredevil = Worker can take sick bumps and damage with less chance of injuries. Also, gives boost to FLY and HRD skills.
Brawler = Bonus to STR, BRL, CON skills.
Manager = If a Heel, give bonus to CHT skill and allows for ref-distractions, helping in kickouts and submissions. If a face, gives a bonus to CHA + CON skills.
Former Athlete = Bonus to AGL, CON, STR skills.

The way matches work: (It's time to play the game!)
Prior to matches, the workers will have a chance to give promos and other interactions to build up interest in the match. The better the promos and effort put into the build-up, the higher points the match will be worth to both workers. It is up to the players to cut promos and PM each other to setup confrontations and such.

Once it's match time, the Judge (Me, or perhaps one of a few other forumers) will PM the players to let them know how the match will play out. (The determining is done pitting the stats against each worker, as well as stats + dice rolls to reolve events durring the match.) The Judge will roll up the match, and give the workers the outcome. Then the workers will have to RP out the match. This can be done by them posting back and forth the details of the match. Or they can PM each other and have one of them make a full rundown post of the match.)

Rewards: (The winner and new champion is...)
Awards will be given after the event that will earn even more points for the workers. The awards will be voted on by everyone in the fed. Awards such as Best promo, Best match, Best Fued, "Holy Shit" moment, etc. will be decided.

(Who's Next?)
Tell me what you think, and feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.
Char Aznable
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 06:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for it. This would be much less of a bitch to do, as well. And if we did want a video component, a highlight reel could be done at a later date.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 06:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be down for this. It sounds like a unique take on the idea.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 02:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sign me up. i want in on this. also, are the stats percentile based, or just off of a chart of some sort?

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Would you be able to run a dummy example to show how it would work?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jul 14 2010 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sure. Give me a day or so, and I'll have a match and workers setup for you guys to see.
Reply to topic

Jump to: