"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Issues with FRAPS

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Dec 17 2009 08:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I've already contacted FRAPS tech support, but figured some of you LPers here might have a solution before they do.

I naturally downloaded the recent update to version 3.03. Until this update, I had little trouble with performance hits while recording with FRAPS--there was a small frame hiccup on starting recording, but it was pretty smooth and very playable/watchable after that.

Since this update, while the game is still fairly playable, there are CONSTANT frame rate freezes and drops while recording, and they don't smooth themselves out or go away. It makes it very difficult to LP, and isn't a product I would want to put up for people to watch, as it irritates the crap out of me.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know a way around it? I've considered rolling back to the previous version, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Dec 17 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's been doing that to me alot lately. That's why I had to switch over to Hypercam instead of Fraps... I'm not sure what it is, but since I know it's not just me know, I'll try doing some troubleshooting on my PC since it's offline now and the updates won't affect it. I would normally think that it's got something to do with the coverting process or the amount of memory needed to hold the file... My only other thought is did you obtain Fraps through legal means?
If you were like me and got it from a friend, then maybe it's an anti-pirate measure so that the videos won't work.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Dec 18 2009 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lol no, its legal.

How is hypercam? I've heard iffy things about it which is why I went with Fraps. And I was really happy with it til that stupid update.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Dec 18 2009 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hawk find out what the old versions number is and type into google

FRAPS Version <insert number here>+megaupload

its a good trick

just look around and you can most likely find the old version

then uninstall it and install the old version

Slayer1
Title: ,,!,, for you know who
PostPosted: Dec 18 2009 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Lol no, its legal.

How is hypercam? I've heard iffy things about it which is why I went with Fraps. And I was really happy with it til that stupid update.

Hypercam is fine for soundless recording as well as things like mouse involved Tutorials. I haven't really played around with it much but it's a nice substitute for Fraps, until it gets fixed. The only issue I found through my own work is the whole Hypercam watermark.
Has Frap's Messaged you back at all?
Reply to topic

Jump to: