Reply to topic
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 03 2010 03:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Damn that thing is a beast!

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 11 2010 08:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so apparently there's now a Prince of Persia LEGO line.
In short, toys based off the movie based off a game that may or may not be related to the rest of the games in the later series.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 12 2010 04:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Spanish Meatloaf
Title: Denim Clad Road Warrior
PostPosted: Apr 18 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god, legos... I remember when I was 7 I got out my tinker toy collection and lego collection and decide to build something (in my county fair they had a category for just lego sculptures), I built a boat using the tinker toys as the frame and legos as everything else. I named it TITANIC 2 (i was 7) and won best of show (for the category) I got a check for $32 which I Immediately spent on the tarzan game boy color game. I wish I had a picture of it. I'll call my mom and ask her some other time.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 18 2010 02:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:

Laughing

It's never a good idea to look for legos in a tub, it'll take you FOREVER. I usually just scattered them all over the floor and would routinely sort by color if I was having a very hard time.

One of the worst things that can happen is trying to build something with a piece that is in use for another custom you built, but you don't remember using it before and you spend half a fucking hour looking for it, before you start sorting through your creations.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: May 12 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So I had a wicked Lego craving the other day and after browsing available sets, I settled on the Power Miners Rock Wrecker
Which that's a tiny ass picture, but you get the idea. The thing's badass, like a big ass dump truck covered in saw blades. Plus the mini figures have really advanced since last I knew Lego! The driver has two faces printed on his head; one angry, one scared, and his helmet hides the back one so you can have him actually express some emotion! Which I thought was really cool. It also comes with a big rock monster to give the pilot a use for his scared face and run over with his murderous dump truck.

I also bought the Magma Mech yesterday which I'm too lazy to find a picture of but is a large mechsuit resembling the power loader from Aliens. I'm already planning on getting a second one to improve upon the flaws of it's design.

I'm a little Lego crazy right now...

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 12 2010 01:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty cool Zarak, I'm guessing the truck could double as the special machine the survivors build in a zombie scenario,

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 12 2010 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the new Lego heads. It mostly started in 1996, but nowadays it's almost impossible to find someone that has a simple smile and maybe a few different characteristics. That's one of the reasons I stopped collecting to begin with was because of all the goofy expressions these guys were making. Legoland is supposed to be a happy place.

Also I designed an 8 Bit Mega Man out of legos the other day using Lego Digital Designer (downloadable). It came out looking fantastic and I might upload pics later. I thought about buying the pieces to make him, however it'll cost me around $40.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: May 12 2010 08:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I bought another Magma Mech and succeeded in creating a superior mech from the two of them!

To review, this is what I started with:

This is what I built:

My camera's not the best but you can see what I've done here; added ball joints for the knees, made both arms longer and ending in drills, beefed the cab up with a bigger roll cage and fold up side plates that double as boarding ladders, gave the feet extra toes and extended the heels for better balance, added a jetpack/flood light rig the back, etc. I put the pilot of the Rock Wrecker in it because he looks more like a grizzled mech pilot than the fruity silver suited space man the mech has to begin with.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: May 12 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm telling ya dude, try and build one of these. I'd pay good money for one.
*edit* Yours is indeed superior to the model on the box.

Black Zarak
PostPosted: May 13 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have enough parts to build that thing yet! Give me time...

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 13 2010 01:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:

I like the addition of the Oust, Parliament cigarettes and popcorn bag. You should put a cig in the robot hand (drill)...to make him look cool.
Black Zarak
PostPosted: May 13 2010 01:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, I was trying to find the best lighting around the apartment (which clearly I did not) and didn't feel like clearing the table off first.

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 13 2010 05:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

I decided I might as well upload my Lego Designs that I will eventually buy/build. I wanted to keep with an 8-Bit theme, namely Nintendo. And while I wanted to keep with a possible Nintendo theme, I didn't want to go the obvious route and choose direct Nintendo characters ie. Link, Samus, Mario, Pit.

It was a given I would need to have Mario, but while deciding on which one to use, it was obvious to keep with my theme, it would have to be SMB3, simply because he had an outline, like the other three characters I chose. I couldn't find a good picture of what I wanted, as many SMB3 pictures always show him with the Raccoon suit or something, and while I wanted to have his look from SMB3, I wanted it to represent the Mario games as a whole. Also I didn't want him to stand there, so I finally found a picture of Racoon Mario jumping and I edited it to just be Super Mario. To add to the effect I put a few blocks to have him slightly air born.

Megaman was actually the first one I decided to do and was quite possibly the hardest and biggest. Originally I wanted to have the basic standing design, however once I was done, I was unsatisfied. I went back and worked it so that the arm cannon was shooting.

I also wanted Simon from Castlevania, simply because he was different looking than the other cartoony people I had in mind. I had little problem finding a picture and overall the easiest to build.

For the 4th person, I was not sure (and still kind of on the fence). Originally, I was going to do the Giggling Dog from Duck Hunt, but he ended up turning out to be too big, so I decided on Bub from Bubble Bobble. I think it helps because he's not humanistic like the others and has more of a stubby look.

Piece by piece, this will cost me around $125 altogether, so I might wait a little bit before I go about buying them.

I might also add a 5th person, however I don't know who would work. Like I said before, I would like to cover a variety of people (protagonists) while trying to not cover any of the same areas (Capcom, Konami, Nintendo and Taito). I don't want to do anyone is too far unknown. Any suggestions?
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 13 2010 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How about:
Lolo from the Adventures of Lolo
James from the on-foot portions of Blaster Master
Kunio-kun, especially from River City Ransom/Rampage

Doddsino
PostPosted: May 13 2010 01:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about doing Ryan from River City Ransom as well as Simea from Crystallis, however I believe they were both one off characters and not sure how recognizable the latter would be to most people.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 13 2010 01:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

so u want someone esoteric then? you can always do the dragon warrior guys.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: May 13 2010 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone from River City Ransom would work I think Dodds. Even if people don't recognize the particular character, that style is very recognizable I think as made famous by that game. Those models look cool though and I can't wait to see your pictures of the builds if you do get them done.
jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: May 13 2010 07:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with River City Ransom as well. I would laugh my ass off if you did a Lego version of Ryan in the sauna.

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

Black Zarak
PostPosted: May 14 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Do a black mage from FF

Reply to topic

Jump to: