"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hulk Hogan signs to TNA

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 09:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Just popping in to say that I loved Hulk being featured so positively in last night's episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Brought back good memories.

Okay, carry on.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
Macho hates Hogan, for reasons that no one seems to know outside of Macho. Hogan has repeatedly tried to make amends with him, but Savage flips out every time Hogan attempts to contact him.

Allegedly, Hogan and Linda had a 3some with Liz, and from there she turned to drugs and fucking other wrestlers. Whether that's true or not, who knows. but with some of the fucked up shit I've heard, I would be inclined to say that more than half these wrestling rumors are true.

Savage was insanely over protective of liz, now I don't doubt he might believe that but I think its more likely someone told him that than it actually be true.

phantasmzombie
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
uncle joe wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:
Macho hates Hogan, for reasons that no one seems to know outside of Macho. Hogan has repeatedly tried to make amends with him, but Savage flips out every time Hogan attempts to contact him.

Allegedly, Hogan and Linda had a 3some with Liz, and from there she turned to drugs and fucking other wrestlers. Whether that's true or not, who knows. but with some of the fucked up shit I've heard, I would be inclined to say that more than half these wrestling rumors are true.

Savage was insanely over protective of liz, now I don't doubt he might believe that but I think its more likely someone told him that than it actually be true.

What happened was, a few years ago Randy Savage wanted to do a charity event where he wrestled Hogan in the main event. Hogan didn't show up and Savage has held a grudge about it ever since. Savage even made a rap song about it called "Be A Man", a rap dissing Hogan.

As far as Liz goes I never heard that rumor about Hogan & Linda having a threesome with her. I just know her and Savage got divorced in real life before he even came to the WCW in the mid 90s. She remained his manager for a few years even though they were divorced. She ended up marrying Lex Luger and she died of a drug overdose at his house. He ended up going to prison for drugs and from what I hear he is in very bad health, and has to get around using a walker.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Savage has absolutely no heat with Luger, though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
uncle joe
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 04:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I mean one of the original Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton I believe) used to pay hookers to shit on a glass table while he jerked off underneath. Benoit used to piss on Rookies backs while they did pushups back in JAPW.

Liz, Hogan and Linda having a 3some isnt that far fetched.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
I mean one of the original Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton I believe) used to pay hookers to shit on a glass table while he jerked off underneath. Benoit used to piss on Rookies backs while they did pushups back in JAPW.

Liz, Hogan and Linda having a 3some isnt that far fetched.

First off, it was Jimmy Valient who did that under the tables. Yes, I've read that whole sheet and it's full of BS. It also says that Savage "slept with a very underage Stephanie McMahon and that Vince holds a grudge to this day". Being that Savage was with the company until after 1994, Stephanie was 18, plus if he did such a thing, then why is he in not jail? Then the sheet also says Jimmy Snuka killed his girlfriend/hooker by pushing her out a window. The whole thing is a joke, it's an angelfire article that's been all over the internet since 1998. Since there is no actual source for it, I do not believe it one bit. It's just like the rumor that Mr. Rogers was in the marines as a sniper and had 38 legit kills and the reason he wore sweaters was to cover up his tattoos.

Here's the page:

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

Some of them, might have some validity but still blown out of proportion like Kerry's foot.

It looks like it's been edited a lot over the years, but most of the stuff looks the same. Hell, even the author says about 10% seems real and the rest isn't.
Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Oct 30 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Savage has absolutely no heat with Luger, though.

true, but they are both crazy

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not as good as when Ric Flair had a match against Mick Foley's book.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Not as good as when Ric Flair had a match against Mick Foley's book.

Or better yet, accidently throws the mic down and tries to talk into the book.

What's funny is, I've never liked Mick Foley outside of his original incarnation as Mankind, but his heel turn in 2006 was great, and was very disapointed they allowed for Flair to win every encounter they had.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 02:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

After talking with a friend of mine(a fellow smark) our concerns are pretty much the same. He thought about the old WCW correlations of things:

Quote:

Interesting Wresting Blog

History is definitely repeating itself, and that may not be good. A major pro wrestling company with a nationwide tv show wants to challenge the monopoly of WWE. Vince Russo and Ed Ferarra are the creative team. Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Eric Bischoff are together again. Sting was recently in the World Heavyweight title scene. Does all this sound familiar? It should. However, those of you jonesing for a new chapter in the Monday Night Wars, where TNA gets a Monday night show to go head-to-head with RAW and WWE has to improve its own product to compete, are missing the point. Look at the people now in place. Now think about the complaints that you always read about TNA. “The booking is crap.” “The shows are so stupid.” “The new guys never get pushed properly.” “Too many run-ins and overbooked gimmick matches.” “The booking is crap.” And so on. None of those things will change if TNA gets a Monday night program. Why would any of those things change with Hogan and Bischoff added to the TNA picture? While we’re on the subject of repeats, another rumor is that Ric Flair is right behind Hogan, and could turn up in TNA at any time. After the sorry, sorry way that Flair treated Ring of Honor as a promotion, he should not be invited to use TNA in the same manner, however legendary and revered he may be. Part of being a legend is that you aren’t in your prime anymore.

I'd say we're undecided if this is a good move by TNA or not. I think it will definitely hurt TNA's home grown talent, particularly AJ Styles. Who, after Sting's endorsement, can't be pushed any more. Even IF they decide to have Hogan elevate him more. Unlikely, but Hell is in Michigan and it does snow there.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm willing to bet that TNA won't last a year against WWE head-to-head, WWE has a very firm grip on the mainstream audience and TNA doesn't have near as half as the same production budget WCW had.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will say this, at this point I would rather watch Monday Night Impact over Raw. I'm in the very small minority there. I just can't handle Raw anymore, it's such a bad show...never any progress...same shit for over a year.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 04:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to agree.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 04:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA has the distinct advantage of not being TV-PG

The problems that killed WCW were that they gave wrestlers full creative control and let them book themselves. TNA has had no qualms about punishing guys for going off script or refusing to do what they're booked to do. Booker T is done after refusing to job to Matt Morgan.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 06:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA isn't going against raw anytime soon.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. Even if Dixie Carter wanted to, Spike is happy with Impact's current timeslot and performance. A second TV show on Spike is a definite possibility, but probably not up against RAW.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 09:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA suspended Nash for going bonkers on creative and the dudleys.

Sabin suffered a stinger and a concussion and was legit knocked out, and the Dudleys kept fucking him up.

The creative saw this and let the match continue.

Hence Nash ripping on them.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Oct 31 2009 09:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

When they say Flair might join TNA now, that pisses me. This is a guy who repeatedly said in interviews that TNA is just a small little company and not even worth talking about, and repeatedly put over how awesome the WWE is the best company that he's ever worked for and how honored he was to be working for them.

This is a guy who spent most of his career, not to mention the prime of his career, in NWA and WCW. And the people who watched him in those companies, those are his true fans. When he says the WWE the best company he's ever worked for and sucks Vince's dick, he's shitting on NWA/WCW, he's shitting on his legacy, and he's shitting on the fans. No one wants to hear him say that his favorite matches were his ones in the WWE. Because when he does it proves that either: 1) he's completely full of shit or 2) he's fucking senile.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 01 2009 02:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've always respected Flair for the wrestler that he was, and really seemed to be in top of everything, before he became Triple H's lapdog. He's done nothing more in these several years then just piss away his legacy because he just doesn't care. He criticizes anyone who talked bad about WWE , and stayed on WAY past his due. I love the way he went out, but it should've been a match that happened as early as 2005. His IC title reign was one of the worst I've ever seen and his inconsistant babbling and nonsense was too much as times. And the antics outside the ring just make me disgusted. Here's a man who should be the epitome of what a wrestler should be, and at the same time he's proven he is incapable of doing anything else. He's the real life Randy the Ram, and have no doubts that if he does return to the ring, he will eventually kill himself in there, much like he said before. While some people might think that's fine, I can't think of anything worse than doing something so sick. People shouldn't have to think that they're owed anything other than what they've already gotten. Bret Hart's career got cut short and it is a shame that there are matches we'll never see like him and Angle going at it, but at the same time..it's a great thought to have..."what if?"
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 01 2009 03:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
When they say Flair might join TNA now, that pisses me. This is a guy who repeatedly said in interviews that TNA is just a small little company and not even worth talking about, and repeatedly put over how awesome the WWE is the best company that he's ever worked for and how honored he was to be working for them.

This is a guy who spent most of his career, not to mention the prime of his career, in NWA and WCW. And the people who watched him in those companies, those are his true fans. When he says the WWE the best company he's ever worked for and sucks Vince's dick, he's shitting on NWA/WCW, he's shitting on his legacy, and he's shitting on the fans. No one wants to hear him say that his favorite matches were his ones in the WWE. Because when he does it proves that either: 1) he's completely full of shit or 2) he's fucking senile.

Scott Steiner's shoot-promo on Monday Nitro pretty much says it all.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 01 2009 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The real interesting to watch in TNA will be when Hogan/Bischoff clash with Russo. And it will happen. Last time it happened, Russo fired Bischoff, fired Hogan, and made a complete mess out of the final Bash at the Beach. But now they're in a company that isn't in the hands of a glorified accountant and one that's riding the Hulk Hogan publicity train. This could be very bad for Russo, and that's a good thing.
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Nov 01 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well Russo is probably easier to deal with since he found religion. The problem back in the day was he made bad decisions and is an asshole.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 02:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I do think Russo tries too hard at times, and things end up being a real mess. He actually tries to cater to the online rumors and such, which ends up confusing the normal viewers. Part of the reason I didn't watch Nitro in it's dying days was because it felt like if you missed one week, you missed EVERYTHING. Heel and face turns for no reason, titles being dropped back and forth continually...it gives you a headache, and how can I get behind anyone? The problem I have with Russo now is that he still thinks putting the belt on Arquette was a good idea, as well as That 70's Guy...as well as other bizarre bookind decisions.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 03:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mike Awesome was full on win.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Even with Russo having religion, he is still Xenophobic, and borderline racist.

He was once quoted as saying:

Quote:
"I'm going to tell you something right now that you will absolutely not agree with, but I've been a wrestling fan my whole life and I will live and die by this. It's hard enough, believe me, I write this shit, it is hard enough to get somebody over. You will never ever, ever, ever, ever see the Japanese wrestlers or the Mexican wrestlers over in American mainstream wrestling. I’m an American. If I’m watching wrestling here in America, I don’t give a shit about a Japanese guy. I don’t give a shit about a Mexican guy. I’m from America, and that’s what I want to see."

Hmmmm... And now, in TNA under his booking, damn near every foriegn wrestler is in a heel group. (World Elite)
Reply to topic

Jump to: