[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Top 100 NES: spelling errors?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 12 2006 03:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In the mind-boggling diatribe that also accused us of being homophobic and misogynistic, one commenter on a site that greeneyedzeke found complained about the spelling on the Top 100 NES Project. He did not cite any examples.

So my question is this, did anyone notice any glaring spelling errors? I would assume not, since none appear under typos, but this one really bugs me. I occasionally leave out words or leave in extra words from re-worded sentences, but my spelling is generally quite good.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Oct 12 2006 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I think that commenter is full of it. I didn't notice any spelling errors. And even I missed a few, there still couldn't possibly be enough to make a point of it. Don't sweat it.

Homophobic and misogynistic, eh? I think they probably just meant "homophonic" and "massage-eriffic"!

We all know how much you enjoy words that sound alike and getting your back rubbed.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Oct 12 2006 04:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
In the mind-boggling diatribe that also accused us of being homophobic and misogynistic, one commenter on a site that greeneyedzeke found complained about the spelling on the Top 100 NES Project. He did not cite any examples.

So my question is this, did anyone notice any glaring spelling errors? I would assume not, since none appear under typos, but this one really bugs me. I occasionally leave out words or leave in extra words from re-worded sentences, but my spelling is generally quite good.

I'm not as far along reading as I'd like to be, but I'll let you know. Skimming directly to the articles I wanted to read were looking good though.

Homophobic?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Misogynistic?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Oct 12 2006 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

The only "glaring" error I noticed was "I hope" for metroid. To be honest, after you explained how you were looking for hope while going through the winding maze of zebes, looking for the ice beam, I liked that BETTER than what you have there now.
Reply to topic

Jump to: