"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
That 80s show Rebirth?

Reply to topic
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you're a regular "that 70's show" watcher,and fan,you will know that the new season in which donna finds her true love while eric is in africa,and a stripper moves into the foreman house (don't know if that will really be funny at all) will also know that last season was the majority of 1979. that means this year when they do the new year special,it will officially be the 80s. after the recent failure of the 7 aired episodes of "that 80's show" that featured all new characters,what would you think if that 70s show changed to an 80s theme with the same characters to run out the series even longer?

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That might be OK. The few times were they've done flash forwards to the 80s, it's been pretty funny. The problem with the original That 80s Show was that it didn't really showcase the 80s in the way people wanted it to. The biggest flaw by far was the show didn't really embrace 80s rock at all. It really needed a Wayne Campbell type character to put it over, but the producers had an agenda that didn't involve that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
B.B.King
Title: Total Fucking Loser
PostPosted: Oct 25 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it was mostly New wave stereotypes. i watched like 3/4ths of an episode and was so pissed off i turned off my tv. it was a terribly cast,and written show.

and yes,the flashforwards to the 80s in that 70's show are hella funny.

"everybody wang chung tonight! everybody have fun!" - fez.

I am a worthless piece of crap.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 19 2006 03:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That 70s Show has been officially cancelled and I'm not surprised. Without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher, the show just isn't as good.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 19 2006 04:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never cared much for either show. So... there, I guess.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: