75%  [ 3 ]
Lame
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

tomrussell
Title: Chief Bottle -Washer
PostPosted: Feb 16 2008 01:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

The first issue of Russell's Quarterly, my video gaming magazine, with its first issue focus on that most seminal of platformers, M. C. Kids. Also featuring a short discussion of power-ups and several reviews of freeware games.

C'mon. You know you want to.

Download quarterly1.pdf
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Feb 16 2008 02:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I loved it. My only issue was that it sounded like a lecture, you should make it more personal. Also, you should have it up on a website because I had major problems trying to get it.

Anyways, it was great. Makes me wish it was monthly, so the next issue would come faster.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 16 2008 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I could host these on THI if you'd like. I don't understand why you went with making a whole PSD instead of just making HTML pages on a website like most.

tomrussell
PostPosted: Feb 16 2008 09:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarknessDeku wrote:
I loved it. My only issue was that it sounded like a lecture, you should make it more personal. Also, you should have it up on a website because I had major problems trying to get it.

Anyways, it was great. Makes me wish it was monthly, so the next issue would come faster.

Thank you for the very kind words. I will admit I do get a little scholarly at times, and I tried to leaven that with some humour in the footnotes. I'll try to do better with the next issue, and there will hopefully be more contributors that time around which will give a number of different writing styles.

JEW wrote:
I could host these on THI if you'd like. I don't understand why you went with making a whole PSD instead of just making HTML pages on a website like most.

I know it's possible to put a PDF on the web, accessed through a webpage, but frankly I'm computer-illiterate. Thank you very much for the offer and I'd be more than happy to take you up on said offer.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 17 2008 07:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well, I mean, instead of doing a PDF at all, you coulda done it just as an article. I'll probably get around to uploading the book for you on THI tonight when I get back to the SUPER GRANDE UPDATING. I'll post the link or something when I do.

tomrussell
PostPosted: Jul 04 2008 09:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The second and third issues of my free game design-centered magazine are available for download at rquarterly.blogspot.com . My second issue concentrates rather heavily on RPGs, while the third covers a variety of topics, including religious video games.
Reply to topic

Jump to: