[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Pirates - Dead Man's Chest

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 09 2006 01:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Might as well start a thread on it.

Once again, please either mark spoilers or wait until the weekend is over/one week before posting unmarked spoilers.

My non-spoiler quick thoughts:
Very entertaining. A little dragging, but all was forgiven for two big action set pieces. More discussion to come.

STAY AFTER THE CREDITS for one cheap laugh!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jul 09 2006 06:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw it Friday. I seem to remember enjoying the first one more. I felt a bit annoyed that the storyline finally gets going just in time to end and make you wait for the sequel. The special effects are pretty slick. I don't know how I feel about "the captain who's sailed to the ends of the earth" and all that being in it, just doesn't make a lot of sense...

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Jo_thepirate
Title: the Great Bob
PostPosted: Jul 10 2006 09:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

if i'm lucky im going to see it tonite !! Razz
Kurt
PostPosted: Jul 12 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD MAYBE BUT MAYBE NOT ARRR

I sort of only liked the first movie because it had Geoffrey Rush saying, and I quote; "Arr". Dead Man's Chest's apparent lack of Arr's depressed me to no end. I still thought it deserved my money, though, even with that ass-crapping of a cliffhanger.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 13 2006 04:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kurt wrote:

I sort of only liked the first movie because it had Geoffrey Rush saying, and I quote; "Arr". Dead Man's Chest's apparent lack of Arr's depressed me to no end. I still thought it deserved my money, though, even with that ass-crapping of a cliffhanger.

Or does it just promise more "ARR!"s for the third film? Smile

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 13 2006 07:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Kurt wrote:

Or does it just promise more "ARR!"s for the thrid film? Smile

Maybe enough for an ARR rating? *rimshot*

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 15 2006 03:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can usually respect all opinions about movies, but there's one I can not.

That's "Ask a Ninja"'s rather unninjatastic review. His Matrix review was amusing, because it came from the heart of a pissed off ninja-wannabe. But the "Dead Man's Chest" review was just plain unninja-like. For the most part, he avoids ninja allusions in his review and when he does finally make one, it's very limp. It's the kind of ninja allusion a politican might make if he wanted to get the vote of inter-tards 11-18.

'Ask a Ninja' Ninja is usually on his game being an uber-pumped ninja, but you can tell that his personal thoughts overcame his ability to be a ninja. What a letdown, man. If you can't be a ninja, what good are you? For shame.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jul 15 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
That's "Ask a Ninja"'s rather unninjatastic review.

I agree. However, I still thought it was fairly entertaining.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 16 2006 03:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
Tebor wrote:
That's "Ask a Ninja"'s rather unninjatastic review.

I agree. However, I still thought it was fairly entertaining.

It didn't come close to matching the greatness which was Ninjas moving at 84,000 fps. That's the kind of humor I was looking for. Not to mention, he is a ninja. And they are pirates. Shouldn't he be boycotting the film or something? And then go into a summary of what he thinks the movie would be about, which would roughly be random statements of wussy action and incoherent drivel? Man, I feel like flipping out and killing that guy with some totally rad electric guitar wailing.

rj815
Title: Dslycixe
PostPosted: Jul 16 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Back on topic towards the movie itself, does anyone have any idea why Barbossa is still alive? If I recall, he was shot and killed in the first.

(Oh, and that little joke after the credits was unexpected, but decent.)

Permanently under construction.
"We have to kill the animals, or else they die!" ~ South Park
"The Window is now open, may the rain drizzle in." ~ RegalSin (slightly edited)
S. McCracken wrote:
Fuck, you really are a retard.

RegalSin wrote:
The retard who plays Mortal Kombat.

Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 16 2006 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

rj815 wrote:
Back on topic towards the movie itself, does anyone have any idea why Barbossa is still alive? If I recall, he was shot and killed in the first.

It seems death is only relative. The simple answer is the fans demanded it. Either an explanation will be given in part 3, or we'll just assume that it is possible to travel back from the dead with a voodoo pristess' help. Besides, if Sparrow is in Hell, they would need the Max Von Sydow character to lead them through it. Since Barbossa obvious came back from there, he's supposed to lead them to Jack. Why? Well, I hear he's a good guy in part 3... and he wasn't really evil in the first film. He just wanted the curse to end... and kill Sparrow... who's now dead, so mission accomplished. Now to make friends again.

This is all speculation.

Jo_thepirate
PostPosted: Jul 16 2006 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[Spoiler]

Man that movie is fuckin awesome !! no more comment I dont want the explaination why barbossa still alive (or being resurrected) He's back that the only thing matter !!! That movie got every thing that i wanted: pirate, evil dude , zomkey ( a monkey who became a zombie lol), cannibals, a dog, spongedude, an hammershark headed freak, ....!! The only things that i wouldn't want was sparrow death but well without it there can't be a third one lol and the scene while he die IS SO FUCKING AWESOME !!

Me and my friend speculate that in the 3rd it could be a Undead vs Sea food death match (hey dont forget that Sparrow got cursed Aztech Gold that they can use even if that gold lie beneath the sea :\ )..

It sure that I cannot wait to see the third movie so i will storm Dysney studio and plunder the Third movie DVD and bury it into my courtyard after watching it Wink
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 16 2006 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jo_thepirate wrote:
It sure that I cannot wait to see the third movie so i will storm Dysney studio and plunder the Third movie DVD and burry it into my courtyard after watching it Wink

Careful Jo, you're sounding a little Regal with that post, j/k. Wink

Glad you enjoyed the movie and I salute your way of thinking that explanations aren't need for frickin' awesome movie moments.

However, I mght be misreading your post, I do believe the Aztec gold curse was broken back in the first film, so Depp is indeed mortal in "Dead Man's Chest". I'm not sure if they'll bring those cursed coins back in part 3.

Jo_thepirate
PostPosted: Jul 17 2006 08:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Jo_thepirate wrote:
It sure that I cannot wait to see the third movie so i will storm Dysney studio and plunder the Third movie DVD and burry it into my courtyard after watching it Wink

Careful Jo, you're sounding a little Regal with that post, j/k. Wink

Glad you enjoyed the movie and I salute your way of thinking that explanations aren't need for frickin' awesome movie moments.

However, I mght be misreading your post, I do believe the Aztec gold curse was broken back in the first film, so Depp is indeed mortal in "Dead Man's Chest". I'm not sure if they'll bring those cursed coins back in part 3.

man its a pirate joke AAar Wink plundering treasure and bury it Wink sorry for the typo Rolling Eyes but when you're a pirate you live with R Wink (and i will correct it immediatly after this post Cool )

well its totally hypothetical about the aztec gold but dont forget that they do not have a lot of way to beat the crap out of Davy Jones and the other motherfucker who took Port Royal. How they can beat an immortal squid, the kraken, the army of seafood monster and a British Lord ?? I think that Aztec Gold is a good solution or maybe Jack will bring something back from Hell (if ever they bring him back ( and they surely will cause if they dont there is no 3rd movie Twisted Evil ))
Avian
PostPosted: Jul 27 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Since I saw the movie but left during the credits, would someone tell me what the joke after them was all about?

"Wolfman's got nards!"

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jul 27 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Avian wrote:
Since I saw the movie but left during the credits, would someone tell me what the joke after them was all about?

It's the dog getting worshipped by the cannibals, sitting on the throne with the headdress on and a bone in his mouth.

Not nearly as good as the zombie monkey extra bit from the first one.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 28 2006 01:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Not nearly as good as the zombie monkey extra bit from the first one.

God bless that zombie monkey. Hated it in the first film, loved it in the second. An undead stress ball Wink

Reply to topic

Jump to: