"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Was this a scrapped idea?

Reply to topic
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jun 04 2008 08:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First of all SYD, hurry up and add an article or something because I am resorting to reading the DAMN FAQ for christ's sake.

Found in this sites FAQ...

How do I show an image below my username?
There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank; generally these take the form of stars or blocks indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the forums. Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!)

How do I change my rank?
In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users. For example, moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank -- you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.

How about a reputation set-up as well. That could end idiot posters and trolling.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 04 2008 08:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I did not write the FAQ. The FAQ was written by the phpBB people. I plan to go through it and change all the instances of "board administrator" to "Syd Lexia", but I have yet to do so. The only people with ranks currently are me, the moderators, and Murdar Machene.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Jun 04 2008 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I now those star things. I like being able to have a Custom User Title much more.

Though, on a slight tagent on this same line, have you ever thought of putting in a credit system for posts here? You know that you can use at a Store(built into the PHP) to get things like, I don't know, stuff. It's been awhile since I was at a forum that had that hack set up.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 04 2008 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

older forsums I've psoted on had it set so that oyu had to earn a custom title by getting a certain amount of posts.

Reply to topic

Jump to: