"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
GamerzLAN breaking world records.

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 02 2006 01:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The LAN place I go to on weekends, GamerzLAN, is going to close soon. But the owner decided, that to have it go out with a bang, we're going to try to break some world records.

First of all, we're going for the longest LAN party ever. I hear the current record is 2 weeks and some... but this place is going to be running for 30 days straight.

Also, the record for playing DDR is 28 hours, which we are going to also try to break. A few people, myself inclusive, are going to attempt to break this record... of course, I'll probably be doing light.

I think we're trying to also try to get the record for the most people in one MMO game. We're banking on Counter-Strike: Sourse having no limits in terms of players. We would need outside people to help on that, since we don't have the numbers here. There may be other specifics about this that I don't know.

People will be filtering in and out, but there are the regulars who will be here when they can. I will be here most of the time, since all I have going on is rehearsals and a show for playing piano in a Broadway revue. I hope we can pull this off.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 02 2006 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool! Good luck with the DDR record.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jul 03 2006 11:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

The HL2 playerlimit is like, 32, or 64. I never see a server greater than 32 players, and if I do, the rest of the slots after 32 are all spec slots. So, uh, use a different game, because half life 2 is a bad choice for that.

I'd suggest some kind of MMORPG, but none come to mind that aren't lame. If you bragged that you got the most people on Second Life they'd just think you were furry weirdos.

Why is it that cool LAN places always shut down?
Reply to topic

Jump to: