"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Uwe Wood Pitof

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 22 2005 05:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

After making my first silent film I have decided to no longer use my name on my films. So my new Hollywood name is: "Uwe Wood Pitof" after the three worst directors of all time. Let's analyze.

Ed Wood Jr. - Worst Director of All Time
Ed was an artist. Anyone who saw "Glen or Glenda" knows that his films have heart, soul, and some brain behind it. Alas, Ed was not Kevin Smith or Quentin Tarantino, so his dialogue tends to be awkward. The actors he get are also pretty stiff, as though they don't even know what film they're in. Bela Lugosi is arguably the best actor in his movies. Once again, "Glen or Glenda" showed that Bela still had charisma. The reason he is the worst director of all time is because his films are stiffly directed despite the epic scripts that were used to make them and his films are technically horribly made.

Uwe Boll - Second Worst Director of All Time
Germans are good for nothing. Uwe's movies are SO bad they aren't even enjoyable. Luckily, I find amusement that he keeps getting work and his casts get better and better. Look at his American resume:
House of the Dead: Clint Howard (Apollo 13, The Grinch)
Alone in the Dark: Christian Slater (Pump Up the Volume, Broken Arrow, Hard Rain); Tara Reid (American Pie, My Boss' Daughter); Stephen Dorff (Blade, Space Truckers).
Bloodrayne: Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines); Michael Madsen (Kill Bill, Die Another Day); Ben Kingsley (knighted and an Academy Award winner).
Dungeon Siege: Claire Forlani (Mallrats, Mystery Men); Matthew Lillard (Scream, Scooby-Doo); Ray Liotta (Goodfellas, Operation Dumbo Drop); Kristanna Loken (fucking Uwe Boll and many fine women); Jason Statham (Cellular, The Transporter, Snatch); John Rhys-Davies (Sliders, Lord of the Rings); Burt Reynolds (Dukes of Hazzard).

Holy Crap! How is he still making movies that people want to be in!?

Pitof - Nominee for third Worst Director of All Time
Koas is his only running mate, but I suspect both people are one and the same. Catwoman. Enough said.

Wong Kar Wai or WKW is another name I want to add to this list as the Worst, but Overrated, Director of All Time.

So, watch my movies, but please don't kill me... Rolling Eyes

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 22 2005 07:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Albert Pyun is another guy who one might consider when listing the worst directors of all time. Then again, Brainsmasher is pretty damn entertaining.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Aug 22 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, the awesomness of Cyborg and Nemesis 1 elimates him from the running.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 15 2005 09:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mister Boll might have his days as a film maker numbered. The little tax law he's able to rape is going on the chopping block in January. If it's axed, he effectively won't be able to receive money for bombs like Alone in the Dark.

"Tara Reid and Christian Slater? It can't miss!"

I saw that piece of crap during a rather nasty ice storm here in Georgia. Wound up slipping on ice about three times coming and going.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 15 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
"Tara Reid and Christian Slater? It can't miss!"

The sad part is that Christian Slater used to be a bankable star. Even worse is that Uwe somehow got Ben Fucking Kingsley, the guy who won an Oscar for playing the titular role in Ghandi to be in Bloodrayne. I think he must have some sort of mind control device that he uses to coerce people to be in his movies... or in the case of Tara Reid, half a bottle of Jose Cuervo.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: