"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Urban Chaos: Riot Response

Reply to topic
rj815
Title: Dslycixe
PostPosted: Jun 25 2006 09:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone tried this game? It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be from the demo. Even though the dialogue is pretty crappy, it's a decent game.

If, you have no idea what I'm talking about, the game looks something like this:

Permanently under construction.
"We have to kill the animals, or else they die!" ~ South Park
"The Window is now open, may the rain drizzle in." ~ RegalSin (slightly edited)
S. McCracken wrote:
Fuck, you really are a retard.

RegalSin wrote:
The retard who plays Mortal Kombat.

Mjcool
PostPosted: Jun 25 2006 09:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think they improved the dialogue, except the enemies repeat themselves a lot.
rj815
PostPosted: Jun 25 2006 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mjcool wrote:
I think they improved the dialogue, except the enemies repeat themselves a lot.

Yup.

[aside] What I meant "from the demo" was that the retail game is better than I thought.

S. McCracken wrote:

RegalSin wrote:

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 25 2006 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

well to be honest form the picture this is something I will not be playing joyfully and if this is the game with the nice man who kinda reminds me of myself along with his nice looking girlfriend that kinda reminds me of a person I knew then this game just gets dumber by the minute.

I mean COME ON people with butcher knives and mask and then again who is killing who. I know for certain those people are not above 17 year old since in the city you would never see a scen like that.

What I am waiting for is the STATE OF EMERGNCY fan made expansion pack that takes place in New Orleans. If it was not for the heat I would be over there right now raiding jewlery stores. In fact most of the people that are being arrested is young men and for the love of gosH HOW in the world do you have Rapes and Murder in a dome. More recently a couple of people was fireing a special type of Gatling gun and blew up a car. Cops pinning down all people who LOOK like suspects. Then all the floating bodies. WHY have they not yet light up the town or anything and imagine the kidnaappings, rape, stealing, and syndicates being born from this.

LOL thats the only state of emergency game I want to play and for spray painting Jetset is up there.

Also CAPCOM is makiing a Evildead like game for the PSP and 360 called Dead Rising which I will not be playing.
rj815
PostPosted: Jun 25 2006 06:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
well to be honest form the picture this is something I will not be playing joyfully and if this is the game with the nice man who kinda reminds me of myself along with his nice looking girlfriend that kinda reminds me of a person I knew then this game just gets dumber by the minute.

I mean COME ON people with butcher knives and mask and then again who is killing who. I know for certain those people are not above 17 year old since in the city you would never see a scen like that.

What I am waiting for is the STATE OF EMERGNCY fan made expansion pack that takes place in New Orleans. If it was not for the heat I would be over there right now raiding jewlery stores. In fact most of the people that are being arrested is young men and for the love of gosH HOW in the world do you have Rapes and Murder in a dome. More recently a couple of people was fireing a special type of Gatling gun and blew up a car. Cops pinning down all people who LOOK like suspects. Then all the floating bodies. WHY have they not yet light up the town or anything and imagine the kidnaappings, rape, stealing, and syndicates being born from this.

LOL thats the only state of emergency game I want to play and for spray painting Jetset is up there.

Also CAPCOM is makiing a Evildead like game for the PSP and 360 called Dead Rising which I will not be playing.

That is a really old photo, and the people look nothing like that in the retail version or the demo.

And in any case, if you read or knew anything about the game, it's about stopping terrorists, not criminals. Well, the name Riot Response isn't too clear, but like I said, if you knew a basic overview of it you would understand it.

Also, that is a semi-crappy picture, it doesn't really show and of the game's diversity (which isn't too much outside of the story). I just picked it because that was the best picture I could find on IGN while doing a quick search. The trailers for the game are more current looking and far more interesting.

It's really not a bad game, although certain parts can be beyond frustrating, it is fun for the most part. If you like fast-ish action and FPS-s, it's worth a rental at least.

S. McCracken wrote:

RegalSin wrote:

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 02:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I saw some sceens and it was not the game I mentioned. Again this game looks pretty bland being in FPS and this is what New Orleans would have been like if the entire population was made up of criminals.

I do not see anything what anything has to do with terrorists in the photos besides people wearing masks ( who would look normal ) and Officers holding down the front line.

My guess is that your a Police Officer in the S.W.A.T. division and takes upon the role of defending the streets kinda like Link saving the village from bandits or theives but with guns and various other items.

Not much of a game from a 2d perspective.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 02:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
(T)his is what New Orleans would have been like if the entire population was made up of criminals.

Oh man, as offensive as that could be taken, I couldn't help but laugh. Ah, laughing at other people's misery and national tragedy Laughing

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

rj815
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Well I saw some sceens and it was not the game I mentioned. Again this game looks pretty bland being in FPS and this is what New Orleans would have been like if the entire population was made up of criminals.

I do not see anything what anything has to do with terrorists in the photos besides people wearing masks ( who would look normal ) and Officers holding down the front line.

My guess is that your a Police Officer in the S.W.A.T. division and takes upon the role of defending the streets kinda like Link saving the village from bandits or theives but with guns and various other items.

Not much of a game from a 2d perspective.

Erm, I don't know if you noticed during any of those screenshots, but ALL of the "criminals" are white/caucasian, so I have no idea what that has to do with the problems/racism in New Orleans.

And I am not endorsing this game, it's just worth a try if you like fast-paced action.

S. McCracken wrote:

RegalSin wrote:

Loser Bugman
PostPosted: Jun 26 2006 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Regal, just wow. Oh well, I should know better. Anyway, back on topic. I think it was a pretty good game. The online features were kind of lacking, but the single player made up for that shortcoming.
Reply to topic

Jump to: