[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE Vs. ECW

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

shadowforce420 wrote:
They're changing Burchills gimmick so he won't be a pirate anymore, but if Warwick Davis showed up I'd mark out. Best. Leprechaun.Ever.

I heard that... what the hell? They've kept dumber gimmicks going way longer. If they want to revamp someone, it should be someone who doesn't get a pop or draw real heat, like say, Umaga. Oooh, it's a guy from Three Minute Warning with marked smeared on his face because that was the closest thing Vince could get to Samoa Joe.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be honest, I mark for Umaga. I think he's cool as hell. I'm pissed because I liked pirate Birchill , as long as he still uses the C-4 I guess I can deal with it but I won't be happy lol.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Jesse Ventura

R.I.P. Sherri

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to like Umaga, but I kinda do just because he's filled with 80s silliness. And his manager is awesome. Hell, the fact that he even HAS a manager is awesome.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's my deal, I think Armando is awesome so I like Umaga just because lol. Yesterday my cousin and I were watching the 2006 Hall of Fame and when we saw Sherri we talked about how Armando and Daivari are the only real managers these days, I guess you can count Melina as well but its a matter of principal.

R.I.P. Sherri

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather see Daivari wrestle personally, but I suppose someone has to be the voice for Khali. Unfortunately, I fear he will be stuck in that role as long as Khali is around. Lesnar eventually got good on the mic and dropped Heyman. There's no way I want to hear Khali talk for more than 15 seconds.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lesnar good on the mic? In what world? Not to mention the guy looked like a shaved gorilla.

(in the high-pitched effeminate Lesnar voice): Here comes the paaaaaaaaaain!
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 05:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lesnar had arguably the best one-liner ever on Smackdown! when he was feuding with Eddie and had a Mariachi band in the ring.

"Come on Eddie, these guys swam a long way to be here!"

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's a pretty good line. Still, my favorite Lesnar moment was in a backstage promo where he was talking about #1 contender match or something going on that night. He tried to say "one of you" but he ended up saying something that sounded like "one-is-ya".
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite Lesnar moment was when he tried to do a shooting star press and landed on his head. Good times, good times.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What about his Wrestlemania match against Goldberg where Lesnar had just quit and Goldberg had just been released and neither one of them wanted to get injured and they just sort of danced around for a minute before either one of them did anything? The worst part is that is could have been a great match. No wait, the worst part is that Goldberg took a stunner from Drunky McSpousal Abuse, the only man with worse knees than Hogan.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh, that 'dream match' was terrible, and the audience let them know it. Now, Rock vs. Hogan was an awesome dream match. Probably moreso because I saw Rock vs Hogan 2 live.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 06:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. The Rock VS Hogan matches were great, particularly the first one. Supposedly at Wrestlemania XX, Hogan and Savage tried to sell McMahon on a retro dream match based on their very real personal grudges. Vince didn't like the idea though, because Vince is a douche. And now Savage is going to be on the Surreal Life. I will probably watch it, because I am a huge Savage mark. Still, I'd like to seem him get one last run somewhere. If Hacksaw and Kamala can get TV appearances, why can't the second most prolific wrestler of the 1980s?
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 07:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It took me a moment, but when you were saying Savage I was thinking of Sgt. Slaughter.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 19 2006 06:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
My favorite Lesnar moment was when he tried to do a shooting star press and landed on his head. Good times, good times.

ruined wrestlemania.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 19 2006 06:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
What about his Wrestlemania match against Goldberg where Lesnar had just quit and Goldberg had just been released and neither one of them wanted to get injured and they just sort of danced around for a minute before either one of them did anything? The worst part is that is could have been a great match. No wait, the worst part is that Goldberg took a stunner from Drunky McSpousal Abuse, the only man with worse knees than Hogan.

ruined wrestlemania TWICE.

shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 20 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

ruined wrestlemania TWICE.

Lesnar should write a book called "How To Ruin A Wrestlemania"

R.I.P. Sherri

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Lesnar should write a book called "How To Ruin A Wrestlemania"

Too late. Pete Rose and John Cena already co-wrote it.

Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the Pete Rose Wrestlemania appearances, I thought they were great.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 07:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone catch ECW last night? I was kind of annoyed with it, particularly one match. They took three great things The Sandman, Macho Man Randy Savage, and Nacho Libre turned into one pointless squash match that lasted all of two minutes. Macho Libre pissed me off immensely, especially since I don't remember the Macho Man saying everything twice.

Hasn't the industry outgrown squash matches? They bring back bad memories of pre-taped Monday Night Raw crapfests from the early 90s. Hell, they've been doing it on WWE programming with alarming frequency. If I have to see Umaga or Khali or whoever come down to the ring to fight yet another unnamed opponent who's already in the ring, I'n gonna snap.
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 07:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like every week their gonna have the Sandman totally beat down a joke character. Last week it was Zombie, last night it was Macho Libre, and next week itll probably be Ultimate Alien. A Cross between Ultimate Warrior and an Alien, since they don't like the Ultimate Warrior...or maybe that Vampire they keep showing. Why did they mock Macho Man anyway? I don't read internet WWE rumors, so I'm not sure exactly what goes on behind the scences, but is there some bad blood between Macho and the WWE?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure... I've been wondering that lately too. As far as I know, Savage isn't in the hall of fame and the WWE seems unwilling to bring him, but they'll bring in just about everyone else: Hogan, Hacksaw, Piper, Tatanka, Kamala, Vader.... Savage can put as good a match as any of those guy.
Reply to topic

Jump to: