"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE Vs. ECW

Reply to topic
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did any one else just get done watching this tonight? I did and thought it was alright, but did the announcing bug any one else? I like Jerry Lawler, JR, Tazz and Styles, but listening to them bicker back and forth for two hours really got old after the first commercial break. It was kind of funny at first, but just seemed to get worse as the night progressed, I mean, during the Edge / Tommy Dreamer match, I think JR is the only one who called any moves while every one else just argued, and JR only called about 3 moves. I think it really ruined the special. I'm all for having them argue a bit, but they could at least call the matches and not argue during the entire damn thing.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the arguing definitely got old, but other than that I liked it, particularly the swerve with The Big Show. I think the card for tonight's special was actually better than the card for the upcoming ECW One Night Stand. The PPV really has no business being billed as an ECW PPV because every fucking match is ECW VS WWF. Supposedly the reason is because Vince McMahon doesn't think ECW can get over by itself.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sexton Hardcastle
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good point about the ECW PPV all being just WWE Vs. ECW..hell, Kurt Angle Vs. Randy Orton is just WWE Vs. WWE. But, it is great to have Orton back I think.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, there were a lot of good one-liners between the commentators. I was particular happy with Styles rip on Warrior and Luger. That and 'Listen to you Stretch! What are you 5'10"?!'

As for the matches, they were all fucking awesome. Aside from Edge getting dumped on his head that is....

Even the women's match was great, and it's not often I can say that.
R.I.P. Beth Phoenix's jaw.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 06:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I dunno, there were a lot of good one-liners between the commentators. I was particular happy with Styles rip on Warrior and Luger.

I wasn't. Crazy as he may be now, you know you marked out for The Warrior back in the day. It makes me mad that guys from the early 80s like Superstar Billy Graham who I've never seen wrestle have DVDs paying homage to them, but the only Ultimate Warrior DVD is one that Vince put out to bury him. I particularly enjoy the part where HHH calls Warrior the most unprofessional guy he's ever worked with. Um... WHAT? Dude, he beat you in a two minute squash match at Wrestlemania 12 back before you started fellating every McMahon you could get your hands on. He didn't have *time* to be unprofessional.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I was an Ultimate Warrior mark. Hell, at a friends brithday party, when everyone else was getting flags, hearts, and butterflies painted on their faces, I got the warrior's mask painted on, and wore it for days. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that he botched his career.

Quote:
The Ultimate Warrior. As a self-proclaimed pop culture analyst, I feel that no one is more qualified to address this complex and somewhat troubling issue than a roided-out 80s wrestler with a reputation for being hard to work with and mentally unstable.

Klimbatize wrote:

shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 03:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't a Warrior mark back then, I always went for the heels so I was all about Rude and Perfect lol. IMO the reason One Night Stand is WWE vs ECW this year is because last year was for nostalgia, this year they're trying to launch a whole new brand so they wanna get the people who watch WWE but never watched ECW to come check it out.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 04:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

shadowforce420 wrote:
I wasn't a Warrior mark back then, I always went for the heels so I was all about Rude and Perfect lol. IMO the reason One Night Stand is WWE vs ECW this year is because last year was for nostalgia, this year they're trying to launch a whole new brand so they wanna get the people who watch WWE but never watched ECW to come check it out.

I'm with you Shadow. Give me Rick Rude (R.I.P.), Mr. Perfect (R.I.P.), and any other dead heel over the Warrior, Roddy Piper, or...Hulk Hogan.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Piper may not be dead, but he was a heel and he ruled. I was also partial to Rick "The Model" Martel.
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Piper was one of the best heels ever, always good for a laugh.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bad News Brown was the MAN! He was awesome, always attacking his opponents before the bell rang. What a bad ass.

Klimbatize wrote:

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 11 2006 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Piper may not be dead, but he was a heel and he ruled. I was also partial to Rick "The Model" Martel.

Piper may have been a heel, but he's been back and forth so many times who knows what he is anymore.

I loved Rick Martel. His defining match will always be the Blindfold Match from Wrstlemania VII against Jake the Snake. Maybe it wasn't the most technical match (for obvious reasons) but it was one fo the most exciting for me because I was such a mark for both he and Jake the Snake. Too bad Jake's life has gone down the crapper.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 04:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

anyone see the PPV tonight? I marked out for sabu as usual, and although the finish was a terrible way to end a match, it sure was one hell of a move.

the crowd HATED cena though, and there was even a sign that said "if cena wins, we riot!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Supposedly RVD is going to drop the title tonight in the ring. As much as I like him, it definitely needs to happen. If RVD were going to defend it as the WWE title belt, that would be one thing. But as Cena pointed out on RAW last week, it's the same title belt that was held by the likes of Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, and Stone Cold. It can't just become the ECW title belt. And even though Vince McMahon has slowly gone batshit insane over the last 6-8 years, I think even he realizes that.
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 02:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Vengence will probobly be a triple threat with Edge vs RVD vs Cena after tommorow night. I win regardless because I like all 3 of them lol.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Jesse Ventura

R.I.P. Sherri

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 03:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was unaware that bruno samartino held a spinner belt.

shadowforce420 wrote:
Vengence will probobly be a triple threat with Edge vs RVD vs Cena after tommorow night. I win regardless because I like all 3 of them lol.

I can't stand cena, and kind of got bored with RVD, but I became a huge edge mark lately.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 08:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the deal? Is Cena the #1 contender after last night's main event?
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think they might actually let Edge carry the belt for a while, seeing as HHH is face, for now. I hope they do anyway. Maybe Cena will join ECW, I doubt it though.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I think they might actually let Edge carry the belt for a while, seeing as HHH is face, for now.

I wonder what's going to happen with DX. The WWE has apparently forgotten about stables, but I hope they have the decency to make DX be more than just two people. A stable should have at least 3 members, dammit. At the same time, I really don't want to see the James Gang jump ship because TNA is easily the most exciting wrestling program on TV right now and I hate talent poaching. Talent poaching killed both ECW and WCW. I also don't want to see X-Pac come back because he is a greasy stoner. So... new members?
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 11:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
So what's the deal? Is Cena the #1 contender after last night's main event?

Edge is still the #1 contender but Cena said he's gonna be at ECW tonight so I see him added to the mix.

R.I.P. Sherri

Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, new members for DX? I don't think they'd do it, just because it would really piss off the DX marks. If they planned to bring DX back as a stable, they'd need to bring in some younger guys with not a lot of heat, and frankly, no one on RAW fits the bill, with the possible exception of Carlito. I could see Matt Hardy and Mike Mizanin in the role, but otherwise I think they'd have to be new.

In other stupid news, Jack Black is now on the SD roster.

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vince pissed off God marks, do you really think he gives a shit about DX marks?

And I would mark out for a tagteam comprised of Nacho Libre & Paul Burchill. With any luck, they could kill Finlay's leprechaun. Even better, Warwick Davis could kill Finlay's leprechaun.
Sexton Hardcastle
PostPosted: Jun 13 2006 07:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Nitro fits DX perfectly I think. When MNM had the tag titles they made enough penis innuendo's to fit right into DX with slightly different clothes. I would like to see Nitro join, or Mercury come to RAW and have MNM join DX. Their both young enough for it and really fit the attitude I think.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

they should resign chyna's clitoris.

shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Vince pissed off God marks, do you really think he gives a shit about DX marks?

And I would mark out for a tagteam comprised of Nacho Libre & Paul Burchill. With any luck, they could kill Finlay's leprechaun. Even better, Warwick Davis could kill Finlay's leprechaun.

They're changing Burchills gimmick so he won't be a pirate anymore, but if Warwick Davis showed up I'd mark out. Best. Leprechaun.Ever.

R.I.P. Sherri

Reply to topic

Jump to: