"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Heroin Diaries

Reply to topic
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jan 02 2008 02:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries for Christmas...I was finished on the 27th. For those of you who don't know Nikki Sixx, he's the bassist for Motley Crue. For those of you who don't know who Motley Crue is...fuck, Syd'll probably ban you. Anywho, the book is a collection of diaries Nikki kept between Christmas 1986 and Christmas '87, the worst year of his heroin addiction. Throughout the book is commentary by Nikki and various other folks who were there at the time, including the other members of Crue and Slash. The actual pages of the book are decorated with drawings and done in a unique graphical style. The book itself is completely engrossing, and you can't help but wonder how the hell the dude's around to talk about it. A definite read for fans of the Crue, and recovering addicts...would also be good for Just Say No and DARE advocates.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
JEberly898
Title: Grungefiend
PostPosted: Jan 02 2008 04:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Heroin Diaries sounds like a great book. I was debating on whether to check it out or not, but your description has sold me. Sixx AM has that CD by the same name and "Life Is Beautiful" is an awesome song. The lyric "There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel aliiive." Very touching, yet depressing lyric. Thanks for this thread, I'm going to buy the book and CD this payday.

"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna." - Layne Staley

"Oldies suck so long live grunge" - my hat

yes, as my title suggests I think portmanteaus are cool

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jan 02 2008 04:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah man, it's totally worth it, I'm gonna get the CD as soon as possible too...

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jan 03 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You're making me want to read it.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: