[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Joey Styles is the greatest person in the universe

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 02 2006 01:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is from last night's edition of WWE RAW, it was quite possibly the greatest speech ever. Joey Styles totally shits on Vince McMahon's product. I know it's a worked shoot, but it's still awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPWv_6A7VtE&search=joey%20styles

EDIT - The above video link doesn't work anymore. Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHQVCkjCWU

Here's the transcript for anyone too lazy to watch it:

You want to apologize? Like nothing happened. Like you didn't knock me on my ass in front of millions of people worldwide, and I'm gonna come down there and work with you. I'm not coming back, and now thanks to the magic of live television I'm gonna show the whole world, why for seven years in ECW I was the unscripted, uncensored, loose cannon of commentary. Six months ago, WWE called ME. I didn't call this company because I was looking for a job; I didn't need a job. WWE called ME because they had humiliated and fired, again, Jim Ross. So I get JR's spot, and from WEEK ONE, week after week I've got an ongoing lecture about the differences in professional wrestling and sports entertainment. I'm not allowed to say pro wrestling, I'm not allowed to say wrestler. I have to say sports entertainment and refer to the wrestlers as superstars. I'm told to deliberant IGNORE the moves and the holds during the matches so I can tell stories. Well ignoring the moves and the holds is DAMN INSULTING to the athletes, the WRESTLERS, not the entertainers who leave their families 300 days a year to ply their craft in that ring. Here's the best part, because I'm not a sports entertainment storyteller I get pulled from Wrestlemania, and the reason I'm given is, is because I don't sound like Jim Ross who's the guy they fired in the first place. That makes sense, right? So I swallow the bitter pill, I'm a company guy. I get bumped from Wrestlemania. Then I get bumped from BACKLASH!? I'm not good enough to call BACKLASH!? In ECW, I called live pay-per-views on my own, solo, no color commentators dragging me down. Wasn't done before me, hasn't been done since. But I'm not good enough to call Backlash because I'm not a sports entertainment storyteller. Well you know what? I am SICK of sports entertainment. I am SICK of male cheerleaders. I am SICK of boogers and bathroom humor and semen and I am SICK of our chairman. Who likes to talk about his own semen, he mocks God, he MOCK GOD, and makes out with the divas, all to feed his own insatiable ego. I am sick of sports entertainment, and most of all I am sick of you fans who actually buy into that crap! This sports entertainment circus! I never needed this job, and I don't want this job anymore. I QUIT!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 02 2006 03:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's some serious pwnage!!!

Actually, that's a cool way to leave a show. I wish David Lynch had done something like that on "Twin Peaks". Or David Duchovny on the X-Files.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: May 02 2006 03:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even though it's a worked shoot, I'm still surprised they had him say all that. I thought all of RAW last night was very enjoyable, one of the best I've seen in a while. Only bad part is that it looks like their taking Edge out of the main event picture. I want to see him as the Champion again, since he's my favorite wrestler and I've liked him since his Brood days. Oh well, hopefully he will win it again soon enough.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 02 2006 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Edge during the Brood days, but I hated him as Champion. It actually made me miss seeing Hungry Hungry Helmsley wearing the belt.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 02 2006 09:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck man, that was awesome.

shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 01:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is an old topic but im bumping to add more for any who havent heard, WWE actually ok'd what Styles said. Am I the only one who saw a problem with this, I loved what Joey said, it was great, but that fact that the WWE uncreative team ok'd it is mind boggling lol.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 01:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

They'll probably bring him back to voice ECW again. After all, they did say on Raw that he had signed a 5 year contract. And as much conviction as Mr. Styles may have, quitting a 5 year contract would be very, very expensive.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 02:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
They'll probably bring him back to voice ECW again. After all, they did say on Raw that he had signed a 5 year contract. And as much conviction as Mr. Styles may have, quitting a 5 year contract would be very, very expensive.

From everything I've read so far its gonna be Joey and Tazz doing the commentary for ECW. I couldn't be happier, he's my second favorite commentator, right next to Bobby Heenan.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 06:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Someone told me ECW is going to air on the Sci-Fi Channel? Anyone know if this is true? As much as I like ECW, I am getting real fucking sick of channels (G4, MTV2) abandoning their niche programming in favor of airing whatever the fuck they think will make money.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
shadowforce420
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

ECW is gonna be on Sci-Fi starting June 13th, WWE.com had an announcement about it like a week ago but they took it down.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Jun 03 2006 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

shadowforce420 wrote:
From everything I've read so far its gonna be Joey and Tazz doing the commentary for ECW. I couldn't be happier, he's my second favorite commentator, right next to Bobby Heenan.

There will never be an announce team better than Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan. NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 04 2006 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Apparenlty Sci-Fi has requested that ECW add some aliens or robots to the show.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 04 2006 06:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:

Well, you should clarify that that wasn't part of the original agreement. However backlash from Sci-Fi's core audience of PEOPLE WHO ENJOY HORROR AND SCIENCE FICTION have apparently complained heavily about ECW airing on the network so now Sci-Fi wants them to add some random sci-fi stuff so that they can justify airing it.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 04 2006 10:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Dr. Jeebus wrote:

Well, you should clarify that that wasn't part of the original agreement. However backlash from Sci-Fi's core audience of PEOPLE WHO ENJOY HORROR AND SCIENCE FICTION have apparently complained heavily about ECW airing on the network so now Sci-Fi wants them to add some random sci-fi stuff so that they can justify airing it.

My vote's in for adding Sektor and Cyrax.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 04 2006 03:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think they should add in parody of Agent Fox Mulder from the X-Files. He could be Faux Mullet. (Faux would be pronounced as Fox.)
Reply to topic

Jump to: