"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Typos

Reply to topic
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: May 03 2006 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am jealous, but I'm also disapointed that Capcom is gonna start recycling Robot Masters in Mega Man 36 and 76. Oh well, that at least means there will be a Mega Man 9, which is great news to me!
DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 04 2006 09:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
UGH... and thank you. I try to proofread thoroughly, but at a certain point, I get really sick of looking at my own writing. Also, the extraneous link was done on purpose.

Hey, no problem. I feel like a jerk giving you a list of typos and no genuine response to the article, but I really enjoyed it -- and I clearly read it. Wink

Anyhoo, that was a long article, and you're bound to miss stuff without either an outside eye or some time away from looking at it. So no worries.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 07 2006 01:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

FWSE #66:

"In any case, don’t call ever me Magical Syd because it also sounds gay. " - don't ever call me Magical Syd...

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

From Black Manta:

"interrogate guy with bad perms" - interrogate [guys?]
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
From Black Manta:

"interrogate guy with bad perms" - interrogate [guys?]

Dammit, yeah. It originally said "a guy with a bad perm" but I changed it to "guys with bad perms" because in Wrath, there's a different interrogate in each level. Apparently I forgot to pluralize "guy" though.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 29 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

"LJN turned a movie I have no desire to watch into a game that I no desire to play."

That you "have" no desire to play Cool
Tebor
PostPosted: May 29 2006 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

NES Girls
"I'm not sure exactly why Dancer is capitalized, but I assume is must mean she's the best damn dancer in the entire world."

"Razor taught us that girls don't have to polite and cute to be smoking hot." - there should be a "be" in there somewhere. Guess correctly and win a third Lara Croft film... j/k

"Any girl who doesn't leave her boyfriend are soon as she realizes he's evil is a stupid bitch. " - That "are" is kinda funky.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 29 2006 03:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed, thanks guys.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: May 29 2006 05:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't have time to finish proofing the article before leaving, so:

"Vice: Project Doom takes poorly developed plots video game plots to a whole new level"

"but once he rescues Lala, he is able to cure to his blue balls. "

" I have absolutely no desire to rate obscure characters such as the orphanage lady's daughtersfrom The Three Stooges" - space needed.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Found" typos in Devil World:

"However, I recently finding myself wondering about Devil World." - recently [found?] myself

"The only way to earn an extra life is by find one in the bonus round." - by [finding?] one
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"When Tamagon touches a cross on the playfield, he gets an even bigger to carry around."

He gets an even bigger what to carry around? A bigger penis?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 08 2006 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed.

I also added alt tags to all the pictures, if anyone is using a browser that can read them.
Lord Fool
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Actually at least Explorer, Firefox and Opera could read them if you used "title" tags instead. Just search&replace every "alt=" with "title=" and it should work.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Title seems to cut off at some point in Firefox. Does Opera display alt tags on mouseover?
Lord Fool
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 01:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does not.

Title cutting off at some point is only Firefox's problem (that is, it works well with Explorer and Opera, don't know about other browsers though), and I'd think that occasionally incomplete mouseover text in Firefox is way better than no mouseover text at all.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not really, especially since the cut off seems to be 92 characters. I'd say somewhere between 33-50% of them are longer than that. If it'll help in Opera though, I may do it. It's not a huge deal to me. Or perhaps Firefox and Opera could be coded in such a way that they recognize basic HTML tags. When your browser is lacking a feature that IE has and that feature isn't a massive security hole, something is wrong.
Lord Fool
PostPosted: Jun 10 2006 01:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well yeah, it's actually supposed to be a goddamn feature in Firefox. FF does indeed recognize the "alt" tag, but displays it only when the picture can't be displayed. Some smartass apparently figured that the "alt" text should only be displayed as an ALTERNATIVE to the picture just to piss people off. So, nothing's going to be done about it, ever, because nothing needs to be done Rolling Eyes .
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 03:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Terrapin

"In order to crush my dreams of nonstop Mario and Optimus Prime, she signed me up for the Wakefield Elementary Summer School Enrichment Program where for 4 hours a day I sat unair-conditioned classrooms in what was basically glorified daycare. " - "I sat in unair-conditioned..." Oh yeah, I'm 99.5% sure a comma is needed in there somewhere, or else we need to call Guinness.

"The entire command string could be entered one one line, but no teacher would ever tell you that." - "on one line"

"A superprocedure is a procedure that's comprised of entirely of procedures, known as subprocedures." - get rid of one "of" and one section involving "superprocedure".

"One the one hand, Logo was extremely lame" - On the one hand

"On the hand, holy shit, we were doing stuff on computers!" - On the other hand.

"You could program the computer to ask the users for their names and then them." - them?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 05:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
"A superprocedure is a procedure that's comprised of entirely of procedures, known as subprocedures." - get rid of one "of" and one section involving "superprocedure".

I don't understand the second part of your comment. Either I am missing something, or you misread subprocedures as being superprocedures.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:

I don't understand the second part of your comment. Either I am missing something, or you misread subprocedures as being superprocedures.

My bad, it was 2 in the morning... Come on, how many animals did Moses take with him the ark? I always fall for that one.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 06:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Another typo that no one caught overnight was that the index pages said:

I have added my 51th article.

Luckily, I caught it this morning.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If it makes you feel any better, a middle school in my town has a marquee that reads "School Ends June 2th."
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 21 2006 08:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Get a picture.

There's a church in my town that has sermon titles that look like they were made with the Church Sign Generator, but they're real. One of these days, I'm going to get off my ass and start taking pictures with my digital camera. Some of the best ones they've had include:

SPONGEBOB AND GOD
YEE HAAA!
THE LIES OF EVOLUTION, PART 1
THE LIES OF EVOLUTION, PART 2
THE LIES OF EVOLUTION, PART 3
THE LIES OF EVOLUTION, PART 4
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jul 11 2006 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In your new Summer one.

Quote:
"In the process, I turned my bedroom made a much bigger mess. "

Probably should be "Turned my bedroom into a much bigger mess."

Quote:
"Game Genie allowed you beat to video games without being any good at them."

Put the "to" before"beat".
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 11 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I doubt this beat-up old bill worth much,

I doubt this beat-up old bill is worth much,

Quote:
And as embarrassing as that situation was, wasn't the worst Halloween costume I ever had.

...it wasn't the worst...

Quote:
Well I guess even then there's still some things you should throw out, such as used condoms and court summons.

Well, I guess...

Reply to topic

Jump to: